PDA

View Full Version : Orochi just a lil OP

LilSergio2704
08-01-2018, 09:58 PM
Ok I know I sound like a whiny POC, but orochi is too overpowered. I say this cause his Light attack is too fast, his attack when he dodges backwards is unpredictable, he can also dodge everything you throw towards him axe to the left *dodge*
Unblockable shove *dodge* light attack *dodge* to me that seems a lil too OP. Honestly he doesnít need a hard nerf to his light attack, is they just make it so if he dodges he canít phase through the weapon.

Knight_Raime
08-01-2018, 10:39 PM
"dodges phasing through attacks" is due to I frames which every dodge attack in this game has. it's not exclusive to rochi.

Also bit of a question for you. Are you eating a light and then during stun trying to switch to block the next follow up light? If so stop. Doing so forces your character to play out the next switch animation which basically guarantees you to take the next hit. Best thing you can do when facing true spam is if you eat a hit you wait for a second after the stun THEN try to switch your guard. If you're an assassin you can also attempt to dodge into the light to deflect it.

Baturai
08-01-2018, 11:18 PM
This game is full of Noobs, disgusting...

Meanpie13
08-01-2018, 11:49 PM
While I don't think that Orochi is too strong, I hope that the devs will consider reworking him again in the future. In his current state he is neither fun to play with or against as his strongest tool is just throwing out light attacks over and over again. Players on console have complained about his fast attacks and players on PC have complained that he still has no way to open up an opponent. From what I've seen, feedback for his rework from players has been overwhelmingly negative even weeks after it's release.

Knight_Raime
08-01-2018, 11:50 PM
This game is full of Noobs, disgusting...

Bit Ironic coming from you don't ya think?

Knight_Raime
08-01-2018, 11:54 PM
While I don't think that Orochi is too strong, I hope that the devs will consider reworking him again in the future. In his current state he is neither fun to play with or against as his strongest tool is just throwing out light attacks over and over again. Players on console have complained about his fast attacks and players on PC have complained that he still has no way to open up an opponent. From what I've seen, feedback for his rework from players has been overwhelmingly negative even weeks after it's release.

I'll have to disagree. In the circles that I choose to converse in most of the feedback was positive. The competitive crowd (at least the ones I reg talk with) are not complaining that he doesn't have an opener. Their current complaint is how instant guard switch is currently ruining a handful of heros. Prior to that the most complained thing I heard about was riptide not letting people chain on whiff.
Generally speaking the only people I see asking for openers are the people who think all heros should be able to just ignore a solid defense with some kind of unblockable.

As far as the console complaint goes it doesn't really stand up. I'm on console myself and at my skill level (which i'll remind is not even high tier) light spam doesn't work. If you don't know how to use rochi properly at that level he's just destroyed. Just like pretty much any other hero you attempt to spam one thing on. Also i'm not a rochi main. But he was my go to hero before centurion came out. I love playing this new orochi and I know a handful of other orochi "mains" who also like it.

MarshalMoriarty
08-02-2018, 03:18 AM
But you engage mostly in 1v1 right? He's far more trouble in 4v4, because he's such an effective ganker. With fast running speed to zip around looking for people to ambush, Kiai and decent Arm gear letting him spam lights with no real consequences at all for being blocked, he's a real pain.

I'm not saying he's OP necessarily. If you can get him 1v1 then yes, he is still manageable to an extent. Its just that you always feel rushed against him in 4's. His ferocious speed, and the necessity of taking him down quick (becausd he regens Kiai so quickly and\or will almost certainly kill you if a team mate shows up to help him) means you don't really have the luxury of blocking it out or taking too long.

Again, I don't really think he's op but he's certainly a wearying pest as every Orochi kiai light spams. Its just a distasteful sight to see him become such a spamming pest.

JediGamerFurius
08-02-2018, 03:26 AM
But you engage mostly in 1v1 right? He's far more trouble in 4v4, because he's such an effective ganker. With fast running speed to zip around looking for people to ambush, Kiai and decent Arm gear letting him spam lights with no real consequences at all for being blocked, he's a real pain.

It's not the character, it's the game mode. The dominion is that way, there are others characters who can gank even harder with unblockeables or ranged guard break, and he's fast lights isn't impossible as ppl say.

MarshalMoriarty
08-02-2018, 04:01 AM
I'm not saying he's the strongest ganker. I'm saying he's very good at it and much more of a handful than he is in No Feats, no Gear stats, small arena duel, brawl environs. His superior movement speed allows for swift coverage of even large maps to find favorable ambushes, his gear lessens any penalty for being blocked and his Kiai will always give him a chance to make a comeback or escape.

Its no good confining ourselves to talking about him in duels etc because the overwhelming majority are fighting him in Dominion, where Kiai and stam cost reduction gear make him a far more formiddable proposition. And his menu of Undodgeables and Storm Rush in particular are excellent for catching people fleeing ganks.

Playing_Mantis
08-02-2018, 06:41 AM
you should try to bait out some of their dodges. usually they have to dodge pretty fast to avoid an attack and feinting can get them parried pretty easily. I've read that every hero in the game is op. orochi is strong but maybe not op.

Playing_Mantis
08-02-2018, 06:43 AM
i would however like to see less spammy heroes in the game..

DefiledDragon
08-02-2018, 03:15 PM
i would however like to see less spammy heroes in the game..

Oh dear. You're not going to like the new heroes very much I'm afraid...

Nose1234F
08-02-2018, 04:45 PM
Yeah, he is not too OP, but his playstyle rewards low skill spammers and new players have a very hard time dealing with it, even if they are better than the Orochi player. Honestly just turtle and wait out the attack, don't try to predict where he will attack, just wait and move the stick when you see the red.

And from what I hear he is unviable in high level pvp. Hopefully a rework comes soon.