PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk - The unwritten honor code

xIBlacKmaNIx
08-01-2018, 03:04 PM
So i pretty much play only brawl matches, pretty standard.

I get that ppl play with honor and i get that ppl play how they want, if that includes ledging or whatever thats kl i have no problems with that.

I think in most cases you play with honor against someone or you play dirty. Not often do you get a match where one team plays with honor and the other without honor.

Most ppl will agree that if your fighting 1v1 in brawl that using revenge against that person is considered dishonorable and unfair.

With that said, heres a situation i find myself in all the time.

Im fighting 1v1, both our teammates are dead and my enemys revenge flashes. Im about to deliver the finishing blow and he activates it then runs away. Now at this point im p***ed and i start attacking again or i wait for their revenge to end and shortly after i activate mine and finish them off.

After that all i get is salty messages and "wow wow wow's"

So a question to ppl who do this. why interrupt my combos and use your revenge as a 1up and still think your honorable after that?

The_B0G_
08-01-2018, 03:39 PM
I know for myself at least, who plays 99% 4v4 matches, I hit revenge on reflex, I see the flash and I hit it, I can see sometimes how people may accidently hit it in a 1v1 without actually meaning to.

Still it gives no reason to be upset if you get killed after.

Vakris_One
08-01-2018, 04:46 PM
The people who play Brawl by "honour rules" - aka 2 seperate 1v1s - usually pop revenge and then back away to get rid of it. Thus showing their opponent that they're not going to sit on revenge and wait to pop it for a cheeky win.

If they run away from you after popping revenge it means they want to get rid of it and continue to fight you without using revenge. It's an entirely player made etiquette for "honourable" 1v1s in Brawls. The guy got salty at you because you used revenge and kept on attacking him while under the revenge buff. You are of course under no obligation to play by anyone else's arbitray etiquette or rules, just know that that's the reason why he got salty at you.

NHLGoldenKnight
08-01-2018, 08:54 PM
Well, one more reason why revenge is complete garbage the way it works now. Why having revenge at all in 1v1 or 2v2? Ridiculous.

Back on topic. I used to play as knight, mostly as Warden. So my sense of honor is too high and too much romantic for this game but I am not giving up. I will not sell myself just so I could win in video game. There are few exceptions, however.

So when do I play honorably?

1v1, No attacking if opponent is still afk. Saluting before the fight is must for me. I don't use revenge.

2v2 Same as for 1v1 plus I fight opponent I get, I don't go away trying to switch opponents or to gank if I am faster. If I kill my opponent, I never gank while my teammates is fighting. Exception to these rules is when opponent is breaking them.

4v4 I don't gank if it already 2v1, I don't see a point. The last one is more important and I would like to see more players playing like that- when opponent's team is breaking and 3 of them are dead with enough point difference that they can't come back, NEVER gank on last standing opponent like f..... animals. It is disgusting and it makes me sick. Instead, fight im 1v1 while other players surround you and cheer for you using emotes or whatever. It is so much fun and it gives your opponent an honorable death (or not if it is a Berserker lol) . I had chance to do this multiple times and it is an amazing feeling.

Sparticus_Titus
08-02-2018, 01:05 AM
I agree with all of your points, and that's how I try to play myself. I'm also a follower of Knights since the very moment I played. What I HATE (Let me make it clear, I LOATHE IT!!!) when I am 1v1ing someone in Domination and winning. Then out of nowhere one of my greedy and salivating "animal" (I like that lol) teammate jumps in and ends up providing the enemy with revenge. Which he triggers and then murders me (being lower on health already), and then disposes of my amateur teammate.

It is sooo infuriating when that happens!

SangLong524
08-02-2018, 01:11 AM
No offense to op, but I reject each and every code, written and otherwise, regardless of their contents. Unless it is Ubisoft code of conduct.

NHLGoldenKnight
08-02-2018, 01:22 AM
Yeah, I forgot about that one. If it is 2v1 and there is no other enemies around I will have my guard up but just in case my team member can't finish the job. Problem is that sometimes opponent keeps attacking me even though I am not involved in fight at all. Also, I do get angry messages from my team if I don't gank but it is hard to explain to them that 1v1 is often better because of crazy revenge some heroes have. For example, Berserker is absolute beast with maxed out revenge stats, high damage stats and HA. It is better not to gank but most learn hard way.

DefiledDragon
08-02-2018, 01:54 AM
I agree with all of your points, and that's how I try to play myself. I'm also a follower of Knights since the very moment I played. What I HATE (Let me make it clear, I LOATHE IT!!!) when I am 1v1ing someone in Domination and winning. Then out of nowhere one of my greedy and salivating "animal" (I like that lol) teammate jumps in and ends up providing the enemy with revenge. Which he triggers and then murders me (being lower on health already), and then disposes of my amateur teammate.

It is sooo infuriating when that happens!

What's just as bad is when you're 1 v 1 with a huge angry viking and some lunatic called Sparticus Titus comes running up behind you and jams an oversized dinner fork through the back of your head ;)

dinosaurlicker
08-02-2018, 02:19 AM
What he meant is people who use revenge to save themselves but then donít attack you should not be considered honorable, and I agree. If you use revenge and it helps you in any way you are not honorable. Just hold on to it or roll away to use it if youíre being honorable.

kbvlcvfkhgc
08-02-2018, 05:02 PM
I thought this game was called "For Honor" out of ironic sentiment?

there is nothing about either the game or the people who play it that invokes any notions of honor whatsoever, the exact opposite to be precise.