PDA

View Full Version : Kiai feat needs hotfix nerfs

dinosaurlicker
08-01-2018, 11:39 AM
This **** functions as revenge, it can be used whenever and will save an orochi or shinobi from death. Plus it stuns and exhausts opponents for an unruly amount of time. Itís ridiculous, has no cooldown, and is tier 1. Hotfix this ****

Charmzzz
08-01-2018, 11:58 AM
Plenty of Threads about it already. Nothing happening. Maybe Thursday? Or "Soon"...

Gank_Sells
08-01-2018, 12:12 PM
This **** functions as revenge, it can be used whenever and will save an orochi or shinobi from death. Plus it stuns and exhausts opponents for an unruly amount of time. Itís ridiculous, has no cooldown, and is tier 1. Hotfix this ****

Its really the only reason they have a chance in 4v4, they get like 2-3 lights max worth of damage off of it, and it makes you think about exhaustion regen with your gear. they both can't do anything but light attack when you're stunned, which isn't hard to block once you're regaining stamina. without it being combined with other feats it's not much of a threat unless you're being ganked so i don't see it as being op enough to alter, but it is a huge threat in a gank and could easily lead to an instant death with an effective gank team. I agree it should be given a longer cooldown but not by much, its really the only reason orochi is even considerable in 4v4

AramenThePiper
08-01-2018, 12:20 PM
Its really the only reason they have a chance in 4v4, they get like 2-3 lights max worth of damage off of it, and it makes you think about exhaustion regen with your gear. they both can't do anything but light attack when you're stunned, which isn't hard to block once you're regaining stamina. without it being combined with other feats it's not much of a threat unless you're being ganked so i don't see it as being op enough to alter, but it is a huge threat in a gank and could easily lead to an instant death with an effective gank team. I agree it should be given a longer cooldown but not by much, its really the only reason orochi is even considerable in 4v4

They should put it to be a tier 2 feat and it would be all right

AmsKraken
08-01-2018, 12:51 PM
It does not need to be changed to feat 2, it needs to be FIX

The_B0G_
08-01-2018, 03:45 PM
The cool down is wayyy too short, even if you "only get 3 lights" out of it, it's 3 lights every single time you fight them, and when it's used for ganking, which it is, you can take out someone before they get a chance to hit revenge.

An Orochi only needs to get a GB or parry bait you to get 2 top heavy's as well, it's the most overpowered first feat in the game by a landslide and thats why every Orochi uses it.

SenBotsu893
08-01-2018, 07:30 PM
its only usefull in low skill brakets.

in average play its already lost its usefullness. there are 3 reasons for that.

first is the big revenge feed it gives to the stunned even in a 1v1 scenario. if you are outnumberd and get hit by kia it can also trigger revenge imideatly.

second is that even though it feeds so much revenge it doesnt guarantee any damage. all it does is set the receiving person into ultra turtle mode further feeding the revenge bar.

if any of you have trouble with blocking his initial 500 ms attack while the screen is flashed then i wonder how you guys deal with gladiators bamboozle....
and by the time his chained 400 MS light comes you can already see again and can block by either indicator and/or his movement.

and third is that it can be interrupted and it also lowers your guard. wich often leads to free damage for orochis oppnent.

an above average orochi uses the bounty hunter feat because it has way higher usefullness. people hate on the feat simply because it is tied to orochi and thus crying OP. its the same behaviour when the game launched and people just cried "orochi is op" because they inherently hate the most played samurai and refuse too look past personal preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.

The_B0G_
08-01-2018, 09:50 PM

first is the big revenge feed it gives to the stunned even in a 1v1 scenario. if you are outnumberd and get hit by kia it can also trigger revenge imideatly.

second is that even though it feeds so much revenge it doesnt guarantee any damage. all it does is set the receiving person into ultra turtle mode further feeding the revenge bar.

if any of you have trouble with blocking his initial 500 ms attack while the screen is flashed then i wonder how you guys deal with gladiators bamboozle....
and by the time his chained 400 MS light comes you can already see again and can block by either indicator and/or his movement.

and third is that it can be interrupted and it also lowers your guard. wich often leads to free damage for orochis oppnent.

an above average orochi uses the bounty hunter feat because it has way higher usefullness. people hate on the feat simply because it is tied to orochi and thus crying OP. its the same behaviour when the game launched and people just cried "orochi is op" because they inherently hate the most played samurai and refuse too look past personal preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.

It interrupts, stuns and leaves you OOS, and its a tier 1 feat that can be used every 30 seconds. It should be at least a tier 2 feat and twice the cooldown.

Knight_Raime
08-01-2018, 11:45 PM
It interrupts, stuns and leaves you OOS, and its a tier 1 feat that can be used every 30 seconds. It should be at least a tier 2 feat and twice the cooldown.

Maybe twice the cooldown it has now is a bit much. but I agree it should take longer to come back and be a higher tier.

ChampionRuby50g
08-02-2018, 02:06 AM

For all your saying about the revenge gain, not once has it given me revenge when itís been a 1v1 situation or made me get revenge in that 1v1 fight, in a 1vx situation Itís just like an extra bash for revenge gain.

Second reason has already been countered by others, OOS, happens instantly, stuns.

Iíve also never seen an orochi get interrupted while using the feat, Iíve seen the feat stun multiple opponents though. Gladiators bamboozle requires him to miss a leaping top attack doesnít it? If it connects it also sends you back a fair distance, if you mean his dodge bash you still get much more time too react to the bash than an instant stun. Shinobi also has access to this feat.

So yeah, this is all based on experience. Orochi been the most played Samurai has nothing to do with any of this.

Mirage6201
08-02-2018, 03:29 AM
Having a mobile level 1 feat like that seems OP. Iíll let Ubisoft figure out how to fix it.

Tyrjo
08-02-2018, 07:53 AM
Kiai is simply too good. It's kind of ridiculous how good it is when you think about it.

Erhanninja
08-02-2018, 11:25 AM
Another problem with it is it interrupts every kind of attack. For example if enemy is attacking and I do kiai it interrupts the enemy attack then I do GB into throw 2 top heavy free. Nobody expects to be GBed in the middle of their attack. Then itís very long time before enemy recovers stamina with stun on top.

SenBotsu893
08-02-2018, 04:17 PM
For all your saying about the revenge gain, not once has it given me revenge when it’s been a 1v1 situation or made me get revenge in that 1v1 fight, in a 1vx situation It’s just like an extra bash for revenge gain.

Second reason has already been countered by others, OOS, happens instantly, stuns.

I’ve also never seen an orochi get interrupted while using the feat, I’ve seen the feat stun multiple opponents though. Gladiators bamboozle requires him to miss a leaping top attack doesn’t it? If it connects it also sends you back a fair distance, if you mean his dodge bash you still get much more time too react to the bash than an instant stun. Shinobi also has access to this feat.

So yeah, this is all based on experience. Orochi been the most played Samurai has nothing to do with any of this.

the revenge gain is way larger than just a bash. if i would actually care i could take a look into it

the only feats that cant be interrupted are healing feats. this change was done a looong time ago. you can interrupt a grenade throw, catapult, etc too but you are just very unlikly to do so.
seems like others countered this argument by just spouting nonsense. (i dont expect anything else from people that probably dont even bother with patch notes and just make wild claims)

gladiator dodge -> bash = bamboozle/succer punch. so that seems a lot more spammable than 30 seconds no? so i gues we should give this specific move a 60 second cooldown too? hey im fine with that change XD

So yeah, this was all based on your experience? sorry to say but gamefiles indicate your experience must be wishfull thinking and nothing more.

kbvlcvfkhgc
08-02-2018, 04:26 PM
Great point, I've just come back to the game after a very long break and have been caught out by the Kai BS so many times, it seems very unbalanced an by extension unfair,