PDA

View Full Version : To all the people who took a break from FH

Brutal_DaDo
07-31-2018, 01:10 PM
A question to all those who took a break from the game, taking a break and then coming back was less stressful for you ? Right now i feel like i canít react to anything, iíve stopped playing dominion for a bit and went to duels but unfortunately it doesnít give you much exp to level up a here, iíll admit it iíve been gettin pretty salty lately especially playing dominion

jbs1985
07-31-2018, 01:24 PM
Yeah I stopped playing before the first dlc and came back to the game 2 months ago. Itís like starting all over again, but they did fix the issue that stopped me from playing at the time. Dedicated servers. But the skill gap is unreal and have to play my mains to keep up. It is defenately a steep learning curve to newcomers and old newcomers. I think thatís why many quit it again.

SpaceJim12
07-31-2018, 02:55 PM
I overcame all rage about this game, when quit after season 5 start. I returned in the end of season and now I could play calm and with humor. I understand a lot of things about this game, and now even could be impressed, when my opponent play good, or being condescending when guys play like *******s.

Brutal_DaDo
07-31-2018, 03:08 PM
I feel like iím too old for all these fast attacks, react to all the ganking and the frustration i get because of teammates playing like if it was skirmish, while playing due i just feel like i can play a good game but still not enough xp gained.
Canít wait til the new heroes and breach are out so i can stop playing dominion

Vakris_One
07-31-2018, 03:30 PM
I took a 3 month long break between Seasons 4 and 5. The time away actually helped me to refresh my approach to the game. When I came back I was much more relaxed about the whole thing and subsequently my fighting actually improved because I wasn't so stressed out anymore. For me this game is like riding a bicycle, you never forget the core fundamentals. The fighting mechanic isn't complex and you don't have to memorise multiple combos like traditional fighting games. The only things that got sloppy on me were my reaction times to parries but that settles back into place after a few hours like an old well worn pair of shoes.

The meta in Dominion currently isn't really conducive to letting you relearn your reflexes and moves as it has become the domain of sweaty tryhards who will use anything and everything to min/max a win out. Go with PvAI instead as it's a good warm up until you feel like you've re-tuned back into your old groove.

I feel like iím too old for all these fast attacks, react to all the ganking and the frustration i get because of teammates playing like if it was skirmish, while playing due i just feel like i can play a good game but still not enough xp gained.
Canít wait til the new heroes and breach are out so i can stop playing dominion
Amen to that!

SpaceJim12
07-31-2018, 03:53 PM
and subsequently my fighting actually improved because I wasn't so stressed out anymore.

Cause if you angry or stressed to much, you start to do silly mistakes.=)
That what I understood after my break.

Brutal_DaDo
07-31-2018, 04:13 PM
I took a 3 month long break between Seasons 4 and 5. The time away actually helped me to refresh my approach to the game. When I came back I was much more relaxed about the whole thing and subsequently my fighting actually improved because I wasn't so stressed out anymore. For me this game is like riding a bicycle, you never forget the core fundamentals. The fighting mechanic isn't complex and you don't have to memorise multiple combos like traditional fighting games. The only things that got sloppy on me were my reaction times to parries but that settles back into place after a few hours like an old well worn pair of shoes.

The meta in Dominion currently isn't really conducive to letting you relearn your reflexes and moves as it has become the domain of sweaty tryhards who will use anything and everything to min/max a win out. Go with PvAI instead as it's a good warm up until you feel like you've re-tuned back into your old groove.

Amen to that!

Iíve been constantly playing since open beta and recently i bought a ps4 and also bought for honor because some of my friends were playing there, lately this game has been a nightmare for me, it takes a crazy reaction to how fast this game has become and as spacejim said when angry you just make silly mistakes, last time i broke a controller was ages ago in this past month i broke one out of frustration, letís not talk about the laggy s**t that happens, right now iím just hoping that when all the balances and marching fire have been pushed out the devs will take a look at changing some o these stuff

SaschoS
07-31-2018, 04:39 PM
game is complete crap rn unless you are playing duels. You do not have to have any skill if you use right champion and you can beat the **** out of people. Feats are broken scoring is broken animations and timings are broken. I think they did nothing but add new crappy untested champs to game more inc

Alustar.
07-31-2018, 06:57 PM
Took a few breaks actually, it's always good to get away, like Vakris said I felt refreshed and could think a little clearer. The "new game" feel should wear off pretty quickly.

Knight_Raime
07-31-2018, 07:00 PM
I regularly take week or two long breaks. It's the best way to not burn yourself out. for any game really.

Brutal_DaDo
07-31-2018, 07:17 PM
I think iíll just take your advice and take a break from it, thanks guys.

AzureSky.
07-31-2018, 07:34 PM
I was already a top ranker before so when i got back my elo was so low that it was actually crazy fun playing vs people (cause they all had lower skill level but showed as they had "higher") it was cute.

Brutal_DaDo
07-31-2018, 08:33 PM
I was already a top ranker before so when i got back my elo was so low that it was actually crazy fun playing vs people (cause they all had lower skill level but showed as they had "higher") it was cute.
The same happened to me when i purchased again the game for ps4 😂 it was fun but now the matchamaking puts me against 200 overall reps players so i can never play and chill a bit

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
07-31-2018, 09:59 PM
I find that I do better at this game on ashwaganda then when I'm taking yohibine...there is a definite difference...so I'd say being calm and collected is better than being awake and energized.

chukblok
08-01-2018, 03:14 AM
Normally I am full of praise...but I have to admit the past 3 days I've been frustrated to the max. I'm not enjoying it. My days are full of enough stress with a wife and 3 kids. But I feel I'm just not quick enough anymore :/. I love this game. It's one of my favourites. But I just can't find a grove with any hero these days.

chukblok
08-01-2018, 03:20 AM

Amen to that!

I sometimes go PvAI when I'm not in the mood to be stressed and ganked