PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft please save For Honor

ZyPh4
07-30-2018, 03:43 AM
Ok, I have about had it with this game, I used to love this game, now i want to smash my remote every single time i play it. I am a raider main and as of right now, he is the worst hero to play, he has 4 moves in his move set besides tackling and stuns, 3 if you take away the easily countered unblockable area attack, where as most other heros have 10 or more moves in their move set. on top of that, I get constantly harrassed if i use my unblockable area attack more then once as most player players see that as toxic. my light attacks are also incredible slow compared to most of the other heros so its easy to light spam my raider making it impossible for me to even move. Every single update and patch, i hope and pray that i will get a buff for my raider but most i get is a few bug fixes. I hope in the next title update in October, i will finally get the buff my hero needs for me to enjoy this game again. I also have a few more concerns with the other heros (Centurion, Highlander, Orochi, Shinobi, and peacekeeper) The listed heros are incredibly hard to fight as they all have quick light attacks, and centurion has a combo (Or combos) that can take up to 4 bars of health from most heros. I hope most of these heros will get rebalanced in this coming update, i hope raider will get the moveset buff he has deserved since season 1 and i hope centurion will get the desprately needed nerf he needs.

Gladiators reflex guard is also extreamly small, which creates a huge skill gap to be able to actually play this hero.

Xeith98zz
07-30-2018, 05:38 AM
You must be new. PK has had a rework, and now she is totally easier to fight, as for the others, there is no rework planned from what I have heard. Learn to fight them. Secondly, how about playing a character that has openers? Raider just isnt any good unless you can play mind games against someone. Dont blame it on Ubi, or the Dev team for your lack of skill and knowledge on the entirety of what you listed.

ChampionRuby50g
07-30-2018, 06:48 AM
Raiders the number 1 pick for Dominion, due to his zone attack been impossible to parry if you use the unlock tech, and his stampede charge which allows all your team to completely destroy the enemy you are carrying. Donít forget his insane OOS punishes too.

Raider should 100% lose stamina when he has someone in stampede charge. If my LB loses stamina when someone is impaled, why doesnít raider?

ZyPh4
07-30-2018, 07:26 AM
Im not new to the game, Im a prestige 8, But the issue im having is in any duel, brawl, or dominion patch, im paired up against a toxic player base that light spams me, i dont know if it a glitch or a feature but when im getting lightspammed it is almost impossible for me to even move let alone attack, i cant get better when i cant move.

Darkmight_cz
07-30-2018, 07:39 AM
Raiders the number 1 pick for Dominion, due to his zone attack been impossible to parry if you use the unlock tech, and his stampede charge which allows all your team to completely destroy the enemy you are carrying. Donít forget his insane OOS punishes too.

Raider should 100% lose stamina when he has someone in stampede charge. If my LB loses stamina when someone is impaled, why doesnít raider?

Ok mate number one in dominion is LB just to be clear. Also you can't play much mind games with Raider vs fast chars. Good players just light spam you out of every attack on high level play. Raider have no HA and that's a problem coz good players right now don't even bother to parry or dodge your zone they just use light att and problem solved for them. Let's see UB - interrupted by light att, UB cancel to GB - interrupted by light att, UB into stunning tap - inerupted by light att or light parry which is so easy coz its always top. So as you can see there is no need for good player to bother with deff just light att you from every mind game you play. I see that shiat more and more. 😉

ChampionRuby50g
07-30-2018, 08:28 AM
I was wrong, and so are you. LB isnít top pick, Kensei is. Iím talking about pick rate not win rate, two entirely different things. Raider is above LB on pick rate, granted LB has highest win rate but raider isnít far behind at 3rd.

Darkmight_cz
07-30-2018, 08:37 AM
I was wrong, and so are you. LB isnít top pick, Kensei is. Iím talking about pick rate not win rate, two entirely different things. Raider is above LB on pick rate, granted LB has highest win rate but raider isnít far behind at 3rd.

That is true but my point stays 😉 I play both chars and both are currently underperforming in 1v1. Slightly better is LB coz he have slightly higher HP and block shove. Anyway they both need rework or buff coz currently in 1v1 they are garbage 😉

voiddp
07-30-2018, 09:34 AM
well some logical mistakes:
1. Rep 8 is still new. It is a bit of mastering one character to somewhere standard level.
2. Raider is op enough for dominion. You dont need many moves in dominion, just few of them that OP. and Raider has his zone under revenge, and can disable revenged turtles for his team to kill.
3. Almost all of characters have little number of moves. It is not a fighting game and not everychar is shinobi.
4. LB is not top pick at all. He cant do a lot. Char play style is turtle-parry. Need some skill to do that right. But raiders are plenty and not hard to use those OP moves.
5. Dont pay attention to salty players. They will be salty most of the time when you play good and they do worse. So if you play good when you spam zone with raider you should continue and add some stuff along the way.
6. Any character in good hands becomes good pick for dominion. Just need to know what to do and what not to. Because dominion is not 1on1.
Sure 1on1 duelling\tournaments characters with lots of mixup options and openers are better.

Pick any "OP" character you want and you can find many topics about how is he underpowered now and needs a buff. And other way around topics too at the same time. Because its about player hands mostly in this game.

Darkmight_cz
07-30-2018, 09:38 AM
You must be new. PK has had a rework, and now she is totally easier to fight, as for the others, there is no rework planned from what I have heard. Learn to fight them. Secondly, how about playing a character that has openers? Raider just isnt any good unless you can play mind games against someone. Dont blame it on Ubi, or the Dev team for your lack of skill and knowledge on the entirety of what you listed.

Ahh another gid gud post. Lol well mate you clearly didn't played Raider on high lvl play or at least vs competitive player read my post from above about mind games on high lvl plays. You can even try it by yourself in arena vs Raider. You can easily win just by using lights that's all 😉

Darkmight_cz
07-30-2018, 10:32 AM
1. Rep 8 is still new. It is a bit of mastering one character to somewhere standard level.
2. Raider is op enough for dominion. You dont need many moves in dominion, just few of them that OP. and Raider has his zone under revenge, and can disable revenged turtles for his team to kill.
3. Almost all of characters have little number of moves. It is not a fighting game and not everychar is shinobi.
4. LB is not top pick at all. He cant do a lot. Char play style is turtle-parry. Need some skill to do that right. But raiders are plenty and not hard to use those OP moves.
5. Dont pay attention to salty players. They will be salty most of the time when you play good and they do worse. So if you play good when you spam zone with raider you should continue and add some stuff along the way.
6. Any character in good hands becomes good pick for dominion. Just need to know what to do and what not to. Because dominion is not 1on1.
Sure 1on1 duelling\tournaments characters with lots of mixup options and openers are better.

Pick any "OP" character you want and you can find many topics about how is he underpowered now and needs a buff. And other way around topics too at the same time. Because its about player hands mostly in this game.

All right logical mistakes here we go :
1. He is prestige 8 that's new its true. But Iam prestige 22raider and 13or so with LB just for those two chars still you obey my posts.
2. Raider is good in 4v4 only coz his ledging capabilities and UB switch target glitch that's all. But I mind you many other chars using this glitch ether shugo, LB, Kensei etc but that's for whole another topic.
3.thats true but none of them are so slow as Raider except Shugo. Also its funny you mentioned shinobi coz he has not many moves ether at least he is fast and has his HA kick.
4.this may or may not be true coz some Raiders for instance me don't use UB target switch glitch.
5,6. But man we are talking about his capabilities in 1v1 high plays. And quite frankly he has none. As I wrote above Every competitive player with fast char don't even bother to deff his UB mixups coz all of them are interrupted by one simple light and that's whole point of this topic. Any character in good hands becomes good pick. That is true but some chars are better then other even on the equal skill lvl you can't deny that 😉

ChampionRuby50g
07-30-2018, 10:51 AM
@Voiddp,

Youíre wrong about LB.

https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-ca/news-community/164-325754-16/state-of-balance-season-5-recap

We are talking about Dominion here, and you can clearly see that LB has the highest win rate, and is the 5th in pick rate. Been 5th out 18 other characters is definetly top pick. LBs bombs, block shove and impale is what makes him one off the top picks.

SpaceJim12
07-30-2018, 11:03 AM
Ok mate number one in dominion is LB just to be clear. Also you can't play much mind games with Raider vs fast chars. Good players just light spam you out of every attack on high level play. Raider have no HA and that's a problem coz good players right now don't even bother to parry or dodge your zone they just use light att and problem solved for them. Let's see UB - interrupted by light att, UB cancel to GB - interrupted by light att, UB into stunning tap - inerupted by light att or light parry which is so easy coz its always top. So as you can see there is no need for good player to bother with deff just light att you from every mind game you play. I see that shiat more and more

Sounds like you always play with turtles. In Dominion most Raiders feels very good, as far as I see. Sure, everyone could light attack from what ever, but this "wait games" could happend only in duels. In 4v4 modes your waiting opponent will die very soon in gunking. And, btw, Dominion have not so many 1v1 situation. And every team fight is a Raider's sea. He dominate there. Two Raiders could be just easy win in right hands. I leveled Raider in Dominion for sometime, but stoped in rep 2. Too easy for me. Even without gear you could destroy enemy team. One top stunning tap in team fight, and your teammates will rip off poor guy in a moment. I can't imaging how easy to play Dominion on 180 gear score Raider.

Raider is good in 4v4 only coz his ledging capabilities and UB switch target glitch that's all. But I mind you many other chars using this glitch ether shugo, LB, Kensei etc but that's for whole another topic.

Well, I already told you, this thing work for another characters in a very specific condition. Shugo, I guess, are almost on same spot as Raider, but still have too slow move, that let anyone react.

voiddp
07-30-2018, 11:06 AM
Lets wait for season 6 recap and then you will say it is true or not.
I wasn't even here on season 5 lol. I only can talk about what i saw on season 6. And i dont see LB every match. But raider and orochi i do see everytime. Even shaman and cent are rarer.

And if someone chooses to not use unlock "glich" to make his character play better it is not my problem too. It is their problem like trying to duel in 2vs2 or 4vs4. Cant beat up any of those made up personal rules with logic. Untill its fixed and not punished by devs it is a feature and not "glich"

And game doesn't revolve around 1on1, it is about all modes at the same time. And by logic fast characters called Assassins should be more good in 1vs1 modes and situations. And characters called Vanguards should be good in teamfights. They even gain renown in different ways. In Rider case we can see it is true enough.

On the other hand all this game needs more complexity, and more characters remade like kensei or made like shaman. And devs are sure slow with reworks.
But raider is not someone weakest at all. Everyone can post about weaknesses of their characters they play the most it is not that hard to find, because game is simple and characters usually have best side and worst side, and thats all about it. You cant succesfully play for honor character in different ways. Like playing teamfight Raider, and some defensive Rider, or any other character. It is almost only one way to play every character the best way. So pick your character better.
And devs cant just fix it and add more moves and ways to play everyone. Maybe with time. Now it is just game like it is. Characters for playstyles. Not other way.

ZyPh4
07-30-2018, 11:15 AM
OK, so the thing I keep seeing is everyone talking about dominion, I do not play dominion at all. I am usually playing brawl or duel, i only play dominion to get steel, so could you stop saying "git gud, hes perfect for dominion, your just bad." in the end, raider still has an unfair advantage because his light attacks are slower then most other heros, and on top of that, he still only has 4 actual combos, not including his stuns and grapples.

Darkmight_cz
07-30-2018, 11:23 AM
OK, so the thing I keep seeing is everyone talking about dominion, I do not play dominion at all. I am usually playing brawl or duel, i only play dominion to get steel, so could you stop saying "git gud, hes perfect for dominion, your just bad." in the end, raider still has an unfair advantage because his light attacks are slower then most other heros, and on top of that, he still only has 4 actual combos, not including his stuns and grapples.

I already said them we are talking about 1v1 capabilities but well they just hear what they want to hear 😝

voiddp
07-30-2018, 11:25 AM
Only thing you can do now is: Do not play character good in teamfights in 1on1 gamemode. Play someone who is better in 1on1 game mode.
Game is too simple for characters to have more then one playstyle and it cant be remade to more complex by simple fast changes. And wont be anytime soon.

And anyone of you dont want to hear that and wish for some other game to suddently be made of this one by magic wand move or something. Wait for Raider rework someday if it will even come...

dinosaurlicker
07-30-2018, 11:29 AM
Tbh raider isnít even that bad in 1v1 and especially not in 2v2. If you play legit 2v2 then heís a god for ganking.

Raider has his zone attack and highly damaging heavies along with his cancel into stunning tap. While this is readable at higher levels, at least he has SOME form of unblockables to open people. And itís not like heís amazing, Iím not saying heís good, but heís for sure not top priority imo

Darkmight_cz
07-30-2018, 11:30 AM
And by logic fast characters called Assassins should be more good in 1vs1 modes and situations. And characters called Vanguards should be good in teamfights. They even gain renown in different ways. In Rider case we can see it is true enough.

Wow man just wow. It's a really BS you wrote here. Game should be balanced even in duel mode more precisely mainly in 1v1 mode. It doesn't mean that when I like to play heavy chars I should be in disadvantage vs assassins and fast chars. 😝 I wrote mainly coz its easier to balance game for 1v1 and from there you can start to balancing 4v4 not otherwise coz as you can see it's not working that way.

Darkmight_cz
07-30-2018, 12:15 PM
Tbh raider isnít even that bad in 1v1 and especially not in 2v2. If you play legit 2v2 then heís a god for ganking.

Raider has his zone attack and highly damaging heavies along with his cancel into stunning tap. While this is readable at higher levels, at least he has SOME form of unblockables to open people. And itís not like heís amazing, Iím not saying heís good, but heís for sure not top priority imo

47% winrate in top 2,5% players isn't bad 😨
OK so what is bad by your opinion
Sure those are season 5stats but we will see season 6 stats. Iam afraid it will be even worse

voiddp
07-30-2018, 01:45 PM
Wow man just wow. It's a really BS you wrote here. Game should be balanced even in duel mode more precisely mainly in 1v1 mode. It doesn't mean that when I like to play heavy chars I should be in disadvantage vs assassins and fast chars. 😝 I wrote mainly coz its easier to balance game for 1v1 and from there you can start to balancing 4v4 not otherwise coz as you can see it's not working that way.
Should be doesn't means IS.
Now it is not balanced and it was never balanced, and it won't be balanced in overseable future. Do you see a lot of balancing patches that are usually the case in balanced games, like every week some small changes patches?
Nope, you see new masks and outfeets. And reworks of 2-3 characters every 3 months maybe. It won't be balanced lol.
So its better to play this game by using characters for roles. And don't expect one character to be cool for every role. Trying to play a game that don't exist can course a headache about OP/NERF/BUFf

SpaceJim12
07-30-2018, 01:51 PM

So, one thing should stay in your mind. You can't balance, buff or nerf character only cause he bad in duels. You can't buff some character, that not so good in duels, and forget he is almost needpick in 4v4 modes. This will make game even more unbalanced.
Look at Berserker. Someone cried somewhere, that he can't win duels on Zrek against turtles. Devs buff him, but nerf parry. What we have now? Berserker is a known OP, most people (exept Zerk mainers) understand it and ask for reasonable nerf. Same thing will happend with Valky, I'm sure. While in duels she have not so much to do, in 4v4 she feels pretty comfortable.
Same thing will happend with Raider. Buff him and while he become ok in duels, he will be unstoppable beast in 4v4 modes. Who want that? I don't.

So, you ask buff Raider, cause you play only duels. So I could the same way ask for nerf, cause I play only Dominion. What's the point?

Before devs will understand, that they did two game in one, and do not separate duels and 4v4 modes, all reworks, buffs and nerfs will be unbalanced and stupid.

Darkmight_cz
07-30-2018, 02:08 PM
So, one thing should stay in your mind. You can't balance, buff or nerf character only cause he bad in duels. You can't buff some character, that not so good in duels, and forget he is almost needpick in 4v4 modes. This will make game even more unbalanced.
Look at Berserker. Someone cried somewhere, that he can't win duels on Zrek against turtles. Devs buff him, but nerf parry. What we have now? Berserker is a known OP, most people (exept Zerk mainers) understand it and ask for reasonable nerf. Same thing will happend with Valky, I'm sure. While in duels she have not so much to do, in 4v4 she feels pretty comfortable.
Same thing will happend with Raider. Buff him and while he become ok in duels, he will be unstoppable beast in 4v4 modes. Who want that? I don't.

So, you ask buff Raider, cause you play only duels. So I could the same way ask for nerf, cause I play only Dominion. What's the point?

Before devs will understand, that they did two game in one, and do not separate duels and 4v4 modes, all reworks, buffs and nerfs will be unbalanced and stupid.

Point is you can buff him to be at least viable in duels and nerf his ledging capabilities so he will be balanced in both modes 😉

Charmzzz
07-30-2018, 02:41 PM

And here you are wrong. The game evolves around 4v4 Modes, see Dominion being the most played mode, then Tribute was added and Breach coming in 3 months. Also, the game was advertised as a Team-Fighter. Dev's also said (somewhere, sometime last year) that they balance mostly around 4v4 modes and only fix the most broken things 1v1-wise.

In a game with roles (Assassin, Vanguard, Heavy...) you HAVE to balance with 4v4 in mind. Not balance everyone 1v1 and then check out what's going on in 4v4. That would be horrible.
I even don't know any game which did it that way. Can you name one?

SpaceJim12
07-30-2018, 02:49 PM
Point is you can buff him to be at least viable in duels and nerf his ledging capabilities so he will be balanced in both modes

Well, if this kind of reworks happend, we will never saw posts like "Kensei op", "Nerf Conq" etc.
Kensei become a real problem in 4v4 cause of his zone + 4th feat. None of it affects duels still. Same with Conq. Become predictable in duels, so devs add some really mind game moves to him. Good in duels (too good) but compleat badass in 4v4. Two Conq could just bash you right to hell.
PK nerf in wrong places did nothing special for duels, but made her almost useless in 4v4 cause of gear stats.
And of course Berserker, the "Most stupid Rework of all times" reward owner.=)
So, when someone ask to buff Raider, LB etc, char who could compleatly dominate in 4v4, I could be sure for 85%, that all buff will made them same stupid OP as Berserker.

Darkmight_cz
07-30-2018, 03:51 PM
And here you are wrong. The game evolves around 4v4 Modes, see Dominion being the most played mode, then Tribute was added and Breach coming in 3 months. Also, the game was advertised as a Team-Fighter. Dev's also said (somewhere, sometime last year) that they balance mostly around 4v4 modes and only fix the most broken things 1v1-wise.

In a game with roles (Assassin, Vanguard, Heavy...) you HAVE to balance with 4v4 in mind. Not balance everyone 1v1 and then check out what's going on in 4v4. That would be horrible.
I even don't know any game which did it that way. Can you name one?

To be honest I don't know any similar game such as for honor where you can play 1v1 or 4v4 and that's the main issue here Charmzz. That the developers have to find way how to do it. But I don't think that the current state of the game and the way how they do balance changes is the way. But it's just my opinion.

Xeith98zz
07-30-2018, 05:47 PM
Ahh another gid gud post. Lol well mate you clearly didn't played Raider on high lvl play or at least vs competitive player read my post from above about mind games on high lvl plays. You can even try it by yourself in arena vs Raider. You can easily win just by using lights that's all 😉

Git gud? You cant just jump in to FH being a toxic Call of Duty player and expect to be "good" and no. You cannot win by spamming lights. As the gentleman above said, any character in good hands can be deadly. Overall, anybody playing a hero that just light spams is no doubt going to be heavily punished by a player that knows what they are playing, as I said before, this isnt a game wherr you can jump in and mindlessly play halfwitted like you may think. You are clearly one of those kids that get destroyed by anything and everything. And I highly doubt you know anything about high level play. Regardless, raider will always be **** tier in any gamemode unless he gets a rework

Xeith98zz
07-30-2018, 05:49 PM

Well said. Spoken like someone who actually knows what they are talking about.