PDA

View Full Version : Question about PK

Helnekromancer
07-30-2018, 01:33 AM
Just started playing PK, is she relegated to being a Support Assassin now?

Seems like all I really do is stack bleed and my teammates take the kills and rarely get executions.

Why can't i get a side or top heavy from a successful grab? Am I just forced to always go for the triple kidney stabs?

dinosaurlicker
07-30-2018, 01:58 AM
This is what I find stupid. Her bleed does nothing for her except slow down her damage. It made sense when her damage output was insane, but now that sheís been reworked itís just a huge drawback. Not to mention that this useless bleed damage can be reduced significantly by debuff resistance on gear.

What I propose is that PKís bleed also gives a damage debuff. Of course at first glance you wonít like this because you donít like support PK, but the bleed debuff also enables her to successfully play around the edges of a fight and single out targets to kill.

The larger pkís bleed, the larger the debuff. Kidney stabs from a guardbreak would reduce enemiesí damage output by 40%. The small stab after a heavy and her dagger cancel would reduce enemiesí damage output by 20%. This percentage would also decay as the bleed damage begins to go away. She is a peacekeeper so she should act this way imo, and with her recent damage nerfs and useless bleed, this change is needed.

HazelrahFirefly
07-30-2018, 02:07 AM
Nerfed moveset, dodging, damage, and she bleeds for no reason. PK went from my main to never being played again. Glad and Shaman are both far superior versions of an assassin, and I expect the Nuxia will be as well to some degree.

Awlkara
07-30-2018, 03:15 AM
Peacekeeper is a dead hero don't bother playing her.

Her "rework" just gutted her further.

SangLong524
07-30-2018, 05:22 AM
PK is not a supporting assassin although with a right mindset, supporting PK is an annoying b*tch. Plus I find that playing supporting PK can land execution a lot more easily, especially lunge heavy against rolling away foe.
The principle is simple. Bleed, bleed some more. Dodge, side step heavy+bleed. Stab stab stab. Watch for any roll, counter with lunge, execute!

dinosaurlicker
07-30-2018, 11:23 AM
Thought about it, and realized that shaman is literally PK but better. Itís like they copy pasted pk but buffed moves. The ONE thing PK has that is better is her zone attack

Think about it. Shaman has a better version of EVERY SINGLE move pk has. Faster dodge attacks, omnidirectional and faster with better tracking forward dash attack, heals from attacking bled opponents, dagger cancel to any direction, soft feint into gb, fast lights. What is the point of playing PK when shaman is clearly superior? Maybe it was different when PK had insane damage but now Iím pretty confident Shamanís is higher

Knight_Raime
07-30-2018, 07:04 PM
If you have decent spacing you can double stab into a throw at a wall for a dash forward heavy to get an execute that way.

Awlkara
07-30-2018, 09:29 PM
Thought about it, and realized that shaman is literally PK but better. It’s like they copy pasted pk but buffed moves. The ONE thing PK has that is better is her zone attack

Think about it. Shaman has a better version of EVERY SINGLE move pk has. Faster dodge attacks, omnidirectional and faster with better tracking forward dash attack, heals from attacking bled opponents, dagger cancel to any direction, soft feint into gb, fast lights. What is the point of playing PK when shaman is clearly superior? Maybe it was different when PK had insane damage but now I’m pretty confident Shaman’s is higher

I've been saying this all day and people still try to fight against me on this.

I've even had non-PK mains notice this.

This isn't even a discussion it's a fact that Shaman is a copy-and-paste PK but better in every aspect.

PanzerShrekonin
07-30-2018, 11:28 PM
PK imo is still one of the better characters in the game. Defintly not anywhere near the worst,but out of the assassins? Hmm I can say she's almost hte worst. But thats personal opinion. We will see when the new win matrix comes out if PK really dropped that far.

Knight_Raime
07-31-2018, 12:31 AM
Thought about it, and realized that shaman is literally PK but better. It’s like they copy pasted pk but buffed moves. The ONE thing PK has that is better is her zone attack

Think about it. Shaman has a better version of EVERY SINGLE move pk has. Faster dodge attacks, omnidirectional and faster with better tracking forward dash attack, heals from attacking bled opponents, dagger cancel to any direction, soft feint into gb, fast lights. What is the point of playing PK when shaman is clearly superior? Maybe it was different when PK had insane damage but now I’m pretty confident Shaman’s is higher

Shaman and pk have the same dodge attack speed of 500ms. Unless you are referring to her forward dash called "wild cat's rage." in which one side is 500ms another is 600ms and another is 700ms. The tracking on wcr depends on the side you are attacking. for instance if you wcr to the left it's got good left tracking but poor right side tracking and average middle tracking.
Heal from basic hits is basically nothing. You really only go for top dagger cancel though. Because it's 400ms compared to the other the sides being at 500ms. Top bleed cancel is guaranteed from a parry as well. People can react block the side cancels hence why they're rarely used.
pk has soft feint into gb. And they both have the same opener light speeds. with pk having a faster in combo light at 400ms. Which can be delayed to be unreactable.

Shaman has more tools. But I wouldn't say she's better. PK has her zone. Which is huge. And i'd argue her mix ups are better. Because all of shamans can be dodged by everyone for a GB punish or better. Where as pk's dagger cancel isn't telegraphed well and is 400ms. Which when delayed is unreactable. Shaman has better damage, her oppressive bite, and technically a better side dodge attack due to being able to initate her dodge attack 100ms into the dodge where pk has to wait 300ms.

dinosaurlicker
07-31-2018, 05:34 AM
Ok so even if Shaman isnít a buffed PK copy paste, how about making PKís bleed worthwhile rather than just a huge nerf? Like making it give a damage debuff as I said earlier.

Charmzzz
07-31-2018, 08:09 AM
Ok so even if Shaman isn’t a buffed PK copy paste, how about making PK’s bleed worthwhile rather than just a huge nerf? Like making it give a damage debuff as I said earlier.

Or make it scale with +Attack %. But that would buff others, too... So I guess your suggestion or a Damage Amplifier for the PK?

Knight_Raime
07-31-2018, 06:58 PM
Ok so even if Shaman isn’t a buffed PK copy paste, how about making PK’s bleed worthwhile rather than just a huge nerf? Like making it give a damage debuff as I said earlier.

My suggestions in the past have been a buff to her deflect. Her deflect would proc all the bleed damage at once. Example. Say I land 2 triple stabs from 2 GB's and that damage in total equals to be 40. If I deflect the person would stop bleeding but take that 40 damage. Her deflect would also be the first deflect that can execute. This way bleed in itself is a standard threat on it's own but would also be a threat to people who spec into debuff. because they are still at risk of taking decent damage since debuff resist only reduces how long bleed is applied for. Not bleeds damage itself. And her deflect being able to execute would be a huge buff since it's pretty difficult for her to land heavies.

Charmzzz
08-01-2018, 07:44 AM
My suggestions in the past have been a buff to her deflect. Her deflect would proc all the bleed damage at once. Example. Say I land 2 triple stabs from 2 GB's and that damage in total equals to be 40. If I deflect the person would stop bleeding but take that 40 damage. Her deflect would also be the first deflect that can execute. This way bleed in itself is a standard threat on it's own but would also be a threat to people who spec into debuff. because they are still at risk of taking decent damage since debuff resist only reduces how long bleed is applied for. Not bleeds damage itself. And her deflect being able to execute would be a huge buff since it's pretty difficult for her to land heavies.

So someone has bleed applied, then turtles so PK cannot trigger her "special"? Not good enough imo.