PDA

View Full Version : Happy (?!) news with VISTA

XyZspineZyX
08-08-2007, 04:09 PM
Well. Vista can still kiss my *** for all the trouble I'm having with certain things

But. After a week of tweaking, and changing (and a system restore), and cursing....

I have Dx 9.0c installed according to Everest Home edition. Ok, it's a start.

I couldn;t make GPL run on my old machine anymore. So i try on this one

Looks GREAT. Runs at 36 fps (I think this is max displayable fps), but ran in slo-mo?!?!?!

Checked power options. Well well. It was running in 'economy' mode. Put it to performance

Yee-ha. GPL runs like a dream. I am running an old back-up copy that had the CPU fix, etc, and a good carset for graphics and sound, new and updated tracks, etc

So at least I can throw an Eagle around Stavelot now. Gonna get a new PCI-E card this weekend.

XyZspineZyX
08-08-2007, 04:09 PM
Well. Vista can still kiss my *** for all the trouble I'm having with certain things

But. After a week of tweaking, and changing (and a system restore), and cursing....

I have Dx 9.0c installed according to Everest Home edition. Ok, it's a start.

I couldn;t make GPL run on my old machine anymore. So i try on this one

Looks GREAT. Runs at 36 fps (I think this is max displayable fps), but ran in slo-mo?!?!?!

Checked power options. Well well. It was running in 'economy' mode. Put it to performance

Yee-ha. GPL runs like a dream. I am running an old back-up copy that had the CPU fix, etc, and a good carset for graphics and sound, new and updated tracks, etc

So at least I can throw an Eagle around Stavelot now. Gonna get a new PCI-E card this weekend.

font15
08-08-2007, 04:15 PM
gonna throw an eagle round stavelot? you mean you're gonna drop a lot of oil on the racing line?
My dad used to say colin chapman killed jim clarke-discuss

MEGILE
08-08-2007, 04:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by font15:
gonna throw an eagle round stavelot? you mean you're gonna drop a lot of oil on the racing line?
My dad used to say colin chapman killed jim clarke-discuss </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Step back homes. you about to incur the wrath of chucky

XyZspineZyX
08-08-2007, 04:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by font15:
My dad used to say colin chapman killed jim clarke-discuss </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your Dad used to say that? Since he used to say it, I can only suppose he's wised up since those days.

Good for him http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

font15
08-08-2007, 05:08 PM
the wrath? i know, i know, but you gotta try. otherwise its just 'i'm gonna buy a new bit' gee.

stansdds
08-09-2007, 04:02 AM
Service Pack 1 for Vista is currently undergoing beta testing, there is hope that Vista will one day be a viable operating system.

Capt.LoneRanger
08-09-2007, 04:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stansdds:
Service Pack 1 for Vista is currently undergoing beta testing, there is hope that Vista will one day be a viable operating system. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, 6 month after Longhorn is released. That is due in 1 1/2 years, btw. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif