PDA

View Full Version : Gamemode popularity

Maxime_Qc-
07-29-2018, 01:23 PM
Hi ...

I would like to know what y'all reason his to only play dominion...

And how could we make other mode more popular...

SenBotsu893
07-29-2018, 02:01 PM
dominion actually feels like a battlefield. deathmatch and tribute are just gimmick gamemodes.

for this reason i can already tell that breach will be AND stay a populated gamemode.

Vakris_One
07-29-2018, 02:18 PM
dominion actually feels like a battlefield. deathmatch and tribute are just gimmick gamemodes.

for this reason i can already tell that breach will be AND stay a populated gamemode.
Don't bet on it. Most of the playerbase plays Dominion like it's Skirmish+ nothing but mindless ganking. Forget about the objectives just kill everything that moves until the clock runs out. Tribute is unpopular because the majority of this playerbase don't like an objective focused mode. They prefer to keep things simple and easy to digest.

Breach is a heavily objective focused mode, much more so than Tribute. With this kind of playerbase I expect Breach to be dead within a month after it launches and my interest in For Honor will also die with it.

Darkmight_cz
07-29-2018, 03:14 PM
Breach is a heavily objective focused mode, much more so than Tribute. With this kind of playerbase I expect Breach to be dead within a month after it launches and my interest in For Honor will also die with it.

That's true I agree completely 😉

Corentin10111
07-29-2018, 03:28 PM

Yep, when i see how everybody rush for the last tribute and don't understant that we have to defend the 2 we have, i'm scared of the Breach mode..
I always go back to duel because of brainless teammates...

SenBotsu893
07-29-2018, 03:30 PM
Don't bet on it. Most of the playerbase plays Dominion like it's Skirmish+ nothing but mindless ganking. Forget about the objectives just kill everything that moves until the clock runs out. Tribute is unpopular because the majority of this playerbase don't like an objective focused mode. They prefer to keep things simple and easy to digest.

yes i completley agree that the for honor playerbase are 97.5 % brainless sheep.

but thats not the only reason for gamemode pupularity. the problem tribute has is that it is just a chance game. you wait till 10 minutes run down and the team that happens to have more flags after the overtime wins. there is nothing you can steer during the match to increase your chances of winning. worst case someone on your team plants the tribute in the useless eye socket instead of damage or shield.

and as i said before its just a gimmik gamemode. its a capture the flag mode and that doesnt really fit with medieval combat (at least thematically).

breach and dominion fit way better to the medieval battlefield thematic. the only risk that breach has is the lack of maps at launch and that a single idiot teammate can bring the whole team down with him because its as you said more focused on the objective.

therefore i bet on the breach success.

Vakris_One
07-29-2018, 04:49 PM
yes i completley agree that the for honor playerbase are 97.5 % brainless sheep.

but thats not the only reason for gamemode pupularity. the problem tribute has is that it is just a chance game. you wait till 10 minutes run down and the team that happens to have more flags after the overtime wins. there is nothing you can steer during the match to increase your chances of winning. worst case someone on your team plants the tribute in the useless eye socket instead of damage or shield.

and as i said before its just a gimmik gamemode. its a capture the flag mode and that doesnt really fit with medieval combat (at least thematically).

breach and dominion fit way better to the medieval battlefield thematic. the only risk that breach has is the lack of maps at launch and that a single idiot teammate can bring the whole team down with him because its as you said more focused on the objective.

therefore i bet on the breach success.
All very accurate observations and I agree. Tribute isn't really the best mode ever created that's true but I still prefer it over the mindless sheep gank mentality that Dominion has become with random matchmade teams.

The problem with Breach is that it requires dedicated voice communication otherwise even so much as one teammate running around like a headless chicken costs your entire team the game. Especially on the attacker's side. Premade teams with voice communication will dominate this mode and will be literary unassailable by a team of solo players. Unless the developers make a seperate cue for premade teams them I'm afraid the majority of the solo cue playerbase will abandon Breach quite quickly after the novelty weats off. There's just no way a solo team can compete with a voice chat in Breach.

OhHowSheGoingEh
07-29-2018, 05:42 PM
The new game mode breach will die out just like the tournament mode did and just like deathmatch and tribute did. Ever new game mode they add lasts for all of a week, look at the event game modes aside from test your metal all the event modes died out in a week. Ubisoft would rather waste time and resources on a game mode that will last maybe a month before it does off rather than fixing Dominion.

ArmoredChocobo
07-29-2018, 11:33 PM
Half of them cuz itís an easy to understand concept with constant action and relatively quick matches.

The other Half cuz deathballing and ganking is fun for them.

Helnekromancer
07-30-2018, 01:06 AM
If they actually released a Free-For-All dominion would have some competition but as of right now Dominion is the fastest and easiest way to gain exp and grind out Heroes. You can just turn your brain off and win Dominion no problem, that alone would make casual players who just want to play For Honor gravitate towards the simplest game mode.

I'm actually looking forward to Breach because the mindless deathball is very boring and it forces the other team to deathball. Atleast with Breach I might have teammates with mics, I haven't see people use mic on Xbox in a very long time.

NHLGoldenKnight
07-30-2018, 02:35 AM
I actually did like Tribute a lot and even Skirmish. Reason why I play dominion is because it takes forever to find any other match, and as a married guy with obligations, I only have so much time for video games. That makes me worry about Breach and future of the game. Because if breach fails, I am pretty much out of here and player base obviously just want to gank and improve their precious K/D by playing Dominion .

Maxime_Qc-
07-30-2018, 02:08 PM
So what about elimination ?... nobody talk about it !!...

Blindjackel03
07-30-2018, 09:36 PM
as a married guy with obligations, I only have so much time for video games.
Iím with him. Dominion give me the best experience and xp in a timely manner. There are ways around the ganking. Breach will only die if I donít enough xp at the end of a match to equal the time I send in it. Example... 10 match of dominion gets u double the xp of anything you can play in that time

AzureSky.
07-31-2018, 12:18 AM
Why im the only one asking for MULTI QUEUE system? You should all ask for it on the forum so more players can play that other modes, people play dominion cause it's the mode with the highest player count so you get matches fast, i literally don't play anything that is not dominion, duel or brawl cause all the other modes take so much time and in that time i could get a match in the previous mentioned modes, The solution?

Multi queue, let players pick the modes they want to play and do a general search, you enter the first game mode of all of the ones that you picked that has a game in the lower time possible, this way you will get a lot more of players on the other game modes since players that didn't played the other modes cause the player count there was low start to get into that modes.