PDA

View Full Version : Just fix dominion

HazelrahFirefly
07-29-2018, 03:59 AM
Just do it. No data, no tests, just implement something that stops deathball. Dominion is the only mode to play with friends and all it is, is deathball. I can't ****ing take it anymore. Its not even a game. Just slaughter, slaughter, slaughter. I want to fight and practice my character, not defend until revenge. But I also want to play with my friends and level up/get loot.

Do something. ANYTHING.

OhHowSheGoingEh
07-29-2018, 07:12 AM
As much as you, I and about 85% of the community want that to happen it never will it's been almost a year since the community has been begging for that change it will never happen the developers don't care about us at all they prove it over and over.

Archeun
07-29-2018, 08:39 PM
The best solution for dealing with Deathball is to uninstall the game and quit playing. I'm about 1 more match from doing it myself. If thousands of players quit; Ubi may change. Until that happens; they don't give a rats you know what.

Devils-_-legacy
07-29-2018, 08:45 PM
Or we all post on the forums constantly that we want change just quiting won't change much ubisoft will think everyone's just fine even though every player I speak to says ubisoft won't change the 2 things they have asked for constantly feat rework and deathballing

Archeun
07-29-2018, 08:49 PM
Ubisoft cares about 1 thing. Getting real life money from Steel sales. That's why they release new BS that you can buy with Steel on a constant basis but can't feel Blantyre issues with game play.

Devils-_-legacy
07-29-2018, 08:54 PM
If this was there biggest cash cow I would agree with you but it's not look at what happened with the phasing out of the old cosmetics people kicked off and they changed there attitude in a mere days. Imo the community doesn't voice there concern about the real issues most people complain about them but are still content enough not to comment on the forums

Blitzwarrior771
07-29-2018, 10:09 PM
What about duel ? 1v1? Lol game is broken . You all cheat with blocking and yet you can’t admit it . Enjoy the boring game of cheaters

Vakris_One
07-29-2018, 10:35 PM
If all the people who hate what Dominion has become cued up for Tribute instead you would kill Dominion overnight and send the devs the most powerful message you can.

Your move forum community.

Devils-_-legacy
07-29-2018, 10:42 PM
That's true just imo everyone seems to become content I think ubisoft needs a questionaire about dominion like what they did with the server beta

We.the.North
07-30-2018, 12:36 AM
I'm under NDA but screw it, I heard from friends working at Ubisoft what their intention are to fix the Deathball problem

Wait for it ...

They are going to increase bomb radius.

Helnekromancer
07-30-2018, 01:37 AM
I'm just waiting for Siege mode.

The only way to counter Deathball is just running away and hving all of them chase you and waste there time.

Haplo_Bane
07-30-2018, 02:48 AM
Agreed. There are a handful of players in my region that can stand up to them,and usually kill 2 or 3 regularly. But for the rest of us,RUN. Try not to lead them to zones or other players,their own spawn is the best bet. Hell, if there's a player I know will 80% beat me, I'll lead to them to their own spawn. It not only gives your team a chance to get zones,but gives them a confident boost when they see there might be a chance of a comeback. It's not a guarantee,but It has worked many times. More times than just mindlessly running towards them.

SpaceJim12
07-30-2018, 11:17 AM
Well, as I could see, no Dominion fix in season 7.
So, in 8 season noone care about Dominion, everyone will play Breach.

NinjaRonin85
07-30-2018, 11:47 AM
Breach will be just as bad as dominion, knights will be best, I can't see the boss taking catapult and bomb spams at the end of the match, assassins will still be very good in this mode, heavy's not so much lol

Tyrfing_.
07-30-2018, 12:02 PM
I don't get it. Dominion is a team-game-mode. The team with the better strategy and individual skill is to win.
If deathball is the winning strategy then team-up. If you are not teamed-up, try to rip their ball apart by running away hoping 1 or 2 would follow you, until your team gains an advantage over them in one spot. Then pay it back.

I mean, in a RL situation you would also stay with your buddies in order to survive, right?

Btw. I think everybody complaining here would also take part in a deatball given the chance ingame..! Never seen anyone not doing it.

And why not, if it is successful???
(which it is not always btw.!!!)

If you do not like team-fights, play tribute or duels.

HazelrahFirefly
07-30-2018, 12:20 PM
^
I absolutely don't do it, so there.

I can't stomach it. I even have a friend who yells at me for standing there, but I CAN'T do it. Winning doesn't mean jack, and neither does losing. I want to have fun and interesting fights.

The bloodlust that a lot of people have is unreal. I imagine they don't succeed anywhere but in FH, and so winning is all that matters.

ChampionRuby50g
07-30-2018, 01:18 PM
^
I absolutely don't do it, so there.

I can't stomach it. I even have a friend who yells at me for standing there, but I CAN'T do it. Winning doesn't mean jack, and neither does losing. I want to have fun and interesting fights.

The bloodlust that a lot of people have is unreal. I imagine they don't succeed anywhere but in FH, and so winning is all that matters.

Winning does mean jack. It means more XP, so those players who are grinding to get higher reps get there quicker. It means more steel, so you can get the newest executions sooner. For those that care about the faction war, it means more troops and benefits your faction. I don’t mind losing when it’s a good fight, but I don’t want to lose.

Your friend has every right to yell at you. You are showing more “Honor” to your enemy, who wants to kill you than not just your teammate, but friend. Would you let your friend die for the sake of some random whose goal in game is to kill you and win? You’re helping the enemy team win by standing there and not fighting them in a 4v4 TEAM BASED game mode. If the enemy then kills you after you stood there and did nothing, they get more renown and thus makes it harder for your team to win. They will also most likely have a revenge build up because they just killed your friend, and wouldn’t hesitate to pop it on you. Honor gets you nowhere in Dominion. I wouldn’t want you as an ally fighting by my side.

Oh wait, you wouldn’t be fighting you’d be letting your friends die.

Devils-_-legacy
07-30-2018, 05:14 PM
Winning does mean jack. It means more XP, so those players who are grinding to get higher reps get there quicker. It means more steel, so you can get the newest executions sooner. For those that care about the faction war, it means more troops and benefits your faction. I don’t mind losing when it’s a good fight, but I don’t want to lose.

Your friend has every right to yell at you. You are showing more “Honor” to your enemy, who wants to kill you than not just your teammate, but friend. Would you let your friend die for the sake of some random whose goal in game is to kill you and win? You’re helping the enemy team win by standing there and not fighting them in a 4v4 TEAM BASED game mode. If the enemy then kills you after you stood there and did nothing, they get more renown and thus makes it harder for your team to win. They will also most likely have a revenge build up because they just killed your friend, and wouldn’t hesitate to pop it on you. Honor gets you nowhere in Dominion. I wouldn’t want you as an ally fighting by my side.

I don't want to lose but I don't run around in death ball I'll run to another objective making my self usefull there's 3 objectives and 4 players in this team based game mode lol imo the most anyone really needs on a objective is 2. I wouldn't say he was showing honor if they have revenge build and it's only one enemy blocking a external attack is just going to build revenge faster for them I wouldn't want you on my team if you "help" in every fight I'd rather you ran were you would be needed

HazelrahFirefly
07-30-2018, 05:31 PM

Take it easy.

First off, I meant that it doesn't mean anything to me. I know that winning a fight grants more rewards.

My context was the deathball. If my three allies are beating down one guy I won't jump in. Hes already dead and it's no fun to fight a dead man. Instead, as Devils pointed out, I will find something more useful to do.

Now, if an ally is alone in a 1v1, I might jump in for a hit or two to guarantee the kill. It all depends on the situation.

It's not about honor, it's about a good game and having fun.

chugga1961
07-30-2018, 10:47 PM
I quit due to the gankfest dominion never to return.

ChampionRuby50g
07-30-2018, 11:08 PM
Sorry if I came across as harsh, but I just hate that concept of Honor in dominion. I get players wanting to have a 1v1 and how deathball is too effective, But it was just the words you used in that comment that made me respond the way I did, such as “I never do it, I can’t do it, winning doesn’t mean jack, they don’t succeed anywhere other than FH so winning means everything”.

HazelrahFirefly
07-30-2018, 11:21 PM
Sorry if I came across as harsh, but I just hate that concept of Honor in dominion. I get players wanting to have a 1v1 and how deathball is too effective, But it was just the words you used in that comment that made me respond the way I did, such as “I never do it, I can’t do it, winning doesn’t mean jack, they don’t succeed anywhere other than FH so winning means everything”.

Ok.

AzureSky.
07-30-2018, 11:27 PM
Change how CC works on Dominion, i already made the post a couple of months ago, parry should give you a lot more vs opponents (in the sense that after doing it you can't be grabbed for 1 second or CCed) This would only work on 4vs4+ modes tho, this way you reduce normal cc spam and only allow to use Hard CC for that (law back + grab. raider shoulder charge, shugoki hug) also converting centurion and shinobi cinematics into normal CC too (for balance purposes, you can't have that mobility and also the best Time consuming CC on the game)

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
07-31-2018, 12:40 AM
If they made the zones into small areas that could only fit three people and added a zone or two it would make death balls useless. Narrows, hallways, underground tunnels, doorways ect all would help funnel. Adding a feat of some kind that promotes 1v1 combat would help as well.

ArmoredChocobo
07-31-2018, 02:59 AM
“I just wanna fight and practice”

Duels?

Haplo_Bane
07-31-2018, 03:13 AM
I think I know what Mr Ruby is talking about. There are certain players that just stand there watching you fight. I can't tell you how many times my team will have no zones and there's one guy fighting a 1v1 in lets say A. 2 enemy are in B and I enemy just clearing minions at C . I'll spawn in. My brain tells me, quickly help the 1v1,get the zone, and either stay and help if no friendlies are heading our way and the enemy are : or nip off and try get another zone while he boosts and it's TIME FOR A COMEBACK BABY. But what actually happens is that he's just turtling,the enemy is barely even damaged,I'll go in guns blazing BAM he has 1/3 health. My 'teammate, walks off a bit and watches. The enemy's full attention is on me. fighting,fighting and you guessed he's got revenge. You know what HIS teammates do. Well they already have the other two zones,so they all go to the one zone they don't have. The enemy weren't trying to create a deathball,MY OWN TEAM MADE IT HAPPEN. Meanwhile the guy I'm fightining has popped revenge,killes me,the 'honourable teammate' gets ganked and goes down almost instantly, and the other two teammates head straight for the awaiting for the 4 man 'deathball' They will continue to spawn one by one and run straight back. Game Over. Now I'm not saying there aren't profession deathballers. I KNOW there are. I used to be in a premade that did it. They would gank in 3's and I would run around picking zones. The weird thing was they were actually good enough to win without doing it,but,you know.It's all about the k/d. I left. But I CAN tell you that most deathballs are created by the very team it happens to. Let me give you an easy example. Sanctuary Bridge. Start of match. We all know how it starts. So we've got 3 in the middle. Enemies decided to go 4. 1 of our guys decide to boost. Fair enough. Unfortunately it's not going our way. Bummer. Now the guy boosting is very close as we all know. The fights going badly in the middle now. There's one our guys left and he's making a hell of a stand. 1v3 he kills one . 1v2 now. The guy boosting (remembering it's sanctuary bridge) just has to pop down,2 sec he could help. But no no no. I'M BOOSTING. Watches his final teammate die. Again, ANOTHER SCENARIO where the team has TWO zones already. Where do they go ? The guy boosting gets ganked. HE JUST CREATED HIS OWN DEATHBALL IN UNDER 30 SECONDS. And of course the usual spawn run to gank,feed them kills,plays out the rest of the match. The enemy at no point was initially looking to create a deathball UNTIL WE CREATED IT. At no point will my teammates even run around the gank and get UNATTENDED zones. They will spend the next 5 minutes battling the gank. Now at some point you WILL win,being so close to your spawn, but so what? It's now 600-100 and they are feated up. So not only did we create the deathball, WE SUSTAINED IT. This example I've given is common. It's actually rare it doesn't happen.I asked the guy boosting why he does it. His mentality was he boosts, if we win, great. If not,we can spawn in and help him keep the zone ??????????????? So his strategy is to watch us die,then expect the same people to help him ???? I'm sorry,but there's no mechanic that they can put in the game that will cure someone of their stupidity. Not saying dominion doesn't need a rework. It does. And I've read some ripper ideas. But i've seen too many deathballs created by my own team's stupidity to completely blame the game. Bring back teamshuffle.

HazelrahFirefly
07-31-2018, 09:18 AM
“I just wanna fight and practice”

Duels?

How clever of you not to read.

HazelrahFirefly
08-02-2018, 02:15 AM
AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deathballing should be a reportable offense that comes with an automatic week ban. Fighting a team with three frickin Highlanders and every single time its 1v1 I am destroying them with my Oro but then suddenly it's a gng bng.

It's not even a game at this point! I hate for honor!

HazelrahFirefly
08-02-2018, 03:26 PM
Short version because my long post didn't take...

I wrote that OP in angst after a nasty deathball, so I apologize about that.

Vs AI is not the same. Less loot, less xp (I always have champion status), and bots aren't fun to fight.

It won't be an easy or overnight fix, but Dominion has been broken in this way since release, and its only getting worse. The devs clearly dont care to fix the game at this point.