PDA

View Full Version : Attacks Are Landing Even Though Blocks Are Correct - Video Proof

K1dR0b
07-28-2018, 06:26 PM
I've been watching several YouTube videos and I've noticed over and over again where opponents blocks are correct but the attack is still landing as if it weren't. I won't put links to all the videos, but here is just one example showing Warden's top heavy landing even though the Orochi's overhead block is correct. I've also noticed that its usually a top heavy attack that is the problem.

https://youtu.be/yr6fhC6Sdr4?t=11m36s

If you play the video over and over, you can clearly see that Orochi is defending against the top heavy (white block indicator) but the top heavy lands despite the correct block. I've found videos of the same thing happening on multiple characters such as Kensei's regular top heavy (not unblockable) penetrating Shinobi's correct overhead block etc etc

This has to be fixed by UBISOFT.

Darkmight_cz
07-28-2018, 06:41 PM
Yep I have seen this many times by myself. I had also one fight vs Warden and his zone went tru my block 3 times in that fight. But I mind you I had block stance on the left most of the fight even 2secs before he used zone still it went tru 😁 for info I played Raider so static guard and my latency is 10-16ms max

K1dR0b
07-28-2018, 06:44 PM
In the very same video, you can see another example of Warden's top light attack landing despite Orochi's correct overhead block.

https://youtu.be/yr6fhC6Sdr4?t=11m25s

Like I said before, this is happening despite what character is making the attack (in other words, its not just a Warden bug. I just used this video to demonstrate the bug. I've found several videos of this bug where you can clearly see the correct block yet the attack still lands.)

PepsiBeastin
07-28-2018, 06:46 PM
While I've experienced this myself a few times, this video is from OVER A YEAR AGO. Things have changed since then, and it would be better to have proof from a much more recent build of the game.

Darkmight_cz
07-28-2018, 06:49 PM
While I've experienced this myself a few times, this video is from OVER A YEAR AGO. Things have changed since then, and it would be better to have proof from a much more recent build of the game.

I experienced this s 2days ago it's still in game 😉

PepsiBeastin
07-28-2018, 06:57 PM
I experienced this s 2days ago it's still in game ��

I'm just making a point that people might say thats an old bug and was fixed, seeing as this is old footage. If it is shown that this still happens, people will take it seriously.

Darkmight_cz
07-28-2018, 07:03 PM
I'm just making a point that people might say thats an old bug and was fixed, seeing as this is old footage. If it is shown that this still happens, people will take it seriously.

I think that many players still experienced this bug so there is no need for video proof. But I got your point.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
07-28-2018, 10:58 PM
Yes this happens allot. I play on Xbox. If this happens it is best to quit out of all programs/apps including for honor and restart your Xbox. For some reason any app still running in the background while your playing even though your not using it will cause this.

Baturai
07-29-2018, 12:52 AM
Not just Block. But aswell as deflect doesnt connect like it used to be. İ am not a noob rep 38 Orochi. Many things dont feel Right.

Haplo_Bane
07-29-2018, 04:22 AM
You can even hear the 'chink' sound of your weapon blocking theirs as you get hit. I have a Xbone. Having my apps open or closed makes absolulety no difference at all. Having players with fluctuating latency and no real lag compensation in the game however seems to be the actual deciding factor. Get used to it. It's simply part of the game now.

Keef739
07-29-2018, 05:19 AM
This proves nothing because there are lot of possibilities that cant be properly accounted for with the naked eye.

First of all, using an assassin as an example is bad because they have timed blocks. Even if they are blocking for the first 9/10ths of the attack animation, if their block was slightly premature and it expires during the last 10 milliseconds before the attack connects, it will not (and should not) count as a block even if it appears as though it should have been blocked.

Furthermore, even if a non-assassin has their block up for 9/10ths of the attack animation, if they give the game an input that makes them stop blocking at the last moment, it will look like the block failed when the reality is that they stopped blocking. If you slightly mistime a parry, dodge, deflect, hidden stance, full block, or just do something stupid like accidentally throw a light attack, you make yourself vulnerable the instant before the attack lands but the game doesnt have enough time between input and hitstun to show you a corresponding animation as proof of user error.

The fact that OPs examples all consist of slow heavy attacks penetrating assassin guards makes it HIGHLY likely that the assassins are just blocking prematurely and arent experienced enough to know they need to recenter their analog and refresh their block to keep it from expiring.

If this were a real issue with the game, a LOT more people would be complaining about it. Not saying this definitely isnt real, but this thread doesnt make a convincing argument.

SuguruMisato
07-29-2018, 02:26 PM
Yeah, same for me. This netcode is simply broken... God I miss the times of dedicated servers when you decided to join a server with 30ms ping, instead of being forced into one with players over 80...

K1dR0b
07-29-2018, 07:14 PM
Watch enough videos of this happening and you'll see its not noobies mistiming a parry. It's a legit block that is not recognized and its causing a lot of people to lose matches when they might have won.

SgSpray
07-29-2018, 08:14 PM
It suffices to say that an error like this is functionally game breaking in nature, furthermore it conveys the studio's utter lack of competence in designing game systems.

JCL.
07-29-2018, 08:59 PM
Did you and I watch the same video? In the first clip, the orochi said he tried to deflect, but flunked the timing, and got hit.

We.the.North
07-30-2018, 12:39 AM
Not just Block. But aswell as deflect doesnt connect like it used to be. İ am not a noob rep 38 Orochi. Many things dont feel Right.

Deflect works best against top attacks and undodgeable attacks. Otherwise, your dodge "dodges" the attack instead of triggering the deflect. For Deflect to "check", the attack has to hit you. As a result, A LOT of attacks in this game has close to 1 frame where you can deflect, most of which are side attacks.

SpaceJim12
07-30-2018, 11:21 AM
Simple microlags. We still don't have proper lag compensation. So, take a reflex guard of assassins, add it to latency (yours and your opponent), add all this to lost packages from server and get goes through block attacks. I belive that something noone can fix. Just add a more ranged lag compensation.

JOHN19812017
07-30-2018, 01:45 PM
this happens sometimes when you parry also the animation will happen but you still get hit.

RoosterIlluzion
07-30-2018, 01:56 PM
This **** is why I'm so ****ing upset with tournaments right now. Blocks not working, ddos, and what's with my NAT switching to moderate in tourneys when the rest of the time is OPEN. Hmm.

Mighty_Mackerel
09-18-2018, 07:46 AM
Holy hell, I thought I was going crazy, but it looks like this thread proves it. I just decided to pick up Peacekeeper a couple days ago and so many times incoming attacks still hit me even though my guard was where it was supposed to be. They were not close calls either, my guard was always in the correct position half a second to a second at the most before the attack landed. It's absolute nonsense.