PDA

View Full Version : Warrior's Den July 26th

CandleInTheDark
07-26-2018, 12:21 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4pwbA01uDY

---
The Pope has spoken on tomorrow's Den...

You should watch it! We've got some Season 7 awesomeness to share with you ahead of our big August 2nd Season 7 Reveal Stream.

So if you want to hear our plans for a bunch of changes and improvements to Tournament and Ranking, and also check out the amazing new Executions dropping tomorrow, don't miss it!!

EDIT: oh yeah, and Damien has a powerpoint.

PS I know some of you are waiting on the Season 7 Patch Notes. Those will drop next thursday (aug 2) as well, with everything else. We have some weird timings going on because of the shortened off-season this time around, so we'll reveal everything NEXT WEEK right before the season kicks off.
--

Pope specifically said reworks are included in the August 2nd patch note stuff, just to get that out of the way.
---

Approaches, a new season does \m/<(-.-)>\m/

The Pope is in the building.

There is a lot going on, usually they do a lot of weekly reveals in the offseason, they don't get a Den in this offseason, the big reveal will be next week when the maintenance is going.

Next week there will be reveals of the Warden and Valkyrie reworks, there will be a new map called the Secluded Keep, there will be a special segment with the audio team and they will be talking about a new feature in the Marching Fire stuff and playing Breach gameplay. They will also have the patch notes.

They discussed a while ago gear stats and the place of gear stats in their game, they might answer that next week also, there will also be twitch drops.

That being out of the way let's go with this week.

From next season all battle outfits will drop in price permanently by 30%

Next thursday they will have new hero trials so players will be able to play characters they don't own, the unlock price will also be discounted. This lasts one week.

Next month the full game of For Honor will be free on Xbox from August 16th to September 15th. There will also be playstation discounts next month.

Faction war everyone has a chance of winning this season based on how it ends.

Defend the North happened last weekend, Clutchmeister took the win. As a PC player he won on PS4 which bearing in mind he uses mouse and keyboard meant getting used to a controller.

Tournament plug Brawl PC Saturday 1 eastern rules at bit.ly/mismayhem6

PS4 duel tournament same time, Kenzo's King of the Throne (might need to search that, no link was provided)

Content of the week, executions. This is a gritty set.

Season 7 ranking update – aka Damien has a POWERPOINT

Season 7 will be called Storm and Fury

Tournaments, ranked play and rewards updates.

Master rank
Introducing Master and Grand Master rank, two new divisions
Master rank will represent the top 1% per region
Grand Master is the top 100 players period per region
Skill rating degrades after 14 days inactivity.
You need to complete diamond 5 to get through to Master ranked.

Ranked playlist update.
Ranked duel is now separated from tournament mode. There will still be ranked tournament, week days it will be single duels, weekends will be tournaments, they are open to feedback on every weekend or every other weekend. They are doing this as they now have seamless playlist technology meaning they don't need a maintenance to edit the playlist.
Ranked dominion playlist temporarily removed.
Unranked tournament events will be tested.

Ranked rewards
All previous season rewards are back and will never be removed again
New looting table, guaranteed rewards at every level.
Ornament guaranteed with every finals win, items to be rewarded for last hero played.
Players have a chance of getting a tournament reward after any ranked match they win, tier one has a lower chance obviously, best way to get an ornament is still to win a tournament.

Other updates
They intend to introduce ranked event orders related to when they activate duel tournaments. Speaking of orders there will be new participation rules, players can compete in them for the length of the order even after completion.

Questions from chat

Does my rank drop after 14 days inactivity even if I am playing non ranked matches? Yes.

Will there be rewards from previous seasons? Yes they just went over that. (Their answer was more diplomatic)

Will rewards be random or based on heroes played? Again, just gone over that. As soon as all tier one is looted (bearing in mind that is a lot of ornaments now!) people will have more tier two.

Grand Master resets every season.

Where is Luc? Vacation.

Community corner

Bonus question

Will ranked be shown in matchmaking? Yes, in ranked. It isn't in normal play as it stands.

Wrap

matt89connor
07-26-2018, 08:08 AM
thnks for the post....there will be Q&A to ask some question so i can write here? Also, they will share to us today if there will be some balance changes to others heroes in the next season? i really hope for that.

Soldier_of_Dawn
07-26-2018, 11:08 AM
Here's my question, just in case:

Could we have 3 more loadouts for character customisation? This would be helpful for the increasing content and the cosmetics players already have but can't use due to 3 slots not being enough.

MumfordDaHound
07-26-2018, 02:59 PM
Gah no info on reworks until day of??

Corentin10111
07-26-2018, 04:40 PM
Pleaaaase, just take 5 sec to say if you will add more customisation slots or not!

Saint Santana
07-26-2018, 04:51 PM
Would really like to see some new armor for a change. Would love to also see campaign armor especially Stone's and his face paint for Conq head slot. Fingers crossed .

CandleInTheDark
07-26-2018, 06:05 PM
Den is up

Gen.Von_Saucken
07-28-2018, 12:14 AM
"It's very close....overall, it's very close..."
And of course Vikings win again....classic Ubisoft...******ation to the point of denial:D

Tyrjo
07-28-2018, 11:16 AM
Excellent that the audio team is going to be there. Then I can get an answer to my question that was on the den two months ago. About the emote sounds being different depending on if you do them yourself as opposed to you opponent doing them.