PDA

View Full Version : Buff Highlander

Erhanninja
07-24-2018, 08:13 PM
Itís absolutely ridicilious how Devs do things out of proportion. He does crazy damage. Stunlocks kick into heavy loop. Who came up with idea of feinting kick into grab? Which hero can feint kick in this game? Moreover kick into grab 99% guaranteed bloody 40 damage? Most heroes donít get for top heavy FFS. Kick heavy is abused in every Dom game because there is no risk high reward. I shouldnít have to roll away to counter a move because rolling away isnít countering. Even if I move away he covers double the distance with rolling skate heavy so impossible to escape anyway. I just had a match against 4 HL!!! Can you imagine HA kicks UB flying everywhere.

We didnít have enough cancer with light attack spam already and now this. Well done

DefiledDragon
07-24-2018, 09:35 PM
When I read the thread title I was about to ask if you were forking insane, although I don't think he's massively OP, he's certainly a handful. Saying that, he's a 7 foot Scottish nutcase with a sword like a lamp post with an edge so, yeah, you might want to get out of his way now and again I guess.

The_B0G_
07-24-2018, 11:41 PM
A quick light attack or a dodge attack beats it. If you want to beat a highlander, keep close and don't give him any room, keep up the pressure as well and as long as he doesn't land a crushing counter, theres not much he can do, his defensive lights aren't fast enough to get a hit in.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
07-24-2018, 11:53 PM
I rarely have problems with Highlander using Shugoki unless ganked. I don't play him but after you take away the usefulness of his Celtic curse he becomes very slow and predictable.

Hormly
07-25-2018, 05:28 AM
The kick grab 50/50 is absurd and needs tweeking but other than that I like him

ChampionRuby50g
07-25-2018, 06:25 AM
Tone the damage on his heavy attacks from OF Stance down, and I have no issue

Baturai
07-25-2018, 06:39 AM
Dom is unplayable.

Protos_88
07-25-2018, 10:31 AM
higlander is big problem 4vs4... spamig gb? duno who is so f stupit to create that...and meak it a safe dmg. On ps4 is very hard to run from kick gb kick gb kick change to grab cya... u dont need a skill. Or 2 higlander spam gb on yours back... never ending gb story

jmac70
07-26-2018, 12:07 AM
You can dodge the kick to grab combo also a light attack or side light/heavy. Cent jump heavy can negate it because of the HA. The only assassin that can't dodge it is gladiator.

Highlander uses a Scottish claymore which is really heavy hard hitting weapon the damage should not be nerfed at all. If that's the cast raiders zone should be checked because that does 50dmg

EvoX.
07-26-2018, 01:04 AM
Easiest class to play in the game, by far. Doubt that will change any time soon.

The_B0G_
07-26-2018, 04:41 AM
Easiest class to play in the game, by far. Doubt that will change any time soon.

Far from the easiest to play, it takes a lot of reps before I could use him comfortably. His attacks are still slow, against any decent defender his celtic curse is useless.

I have him rep 19 now, and I would say about 90% of HLs I face don't even get a kick launched because I know his weakness. If you have a character with a fast light, 400-500 ms, you can stay in his face and keep using fast lights and besides a crushing counter, he can't do anything, and most HLs I see only get those by luck.

Really good HLs are hard to deal with for sure, but no more than a really good player using any other character.

Awlkara
07-26-2018, 05:28 AM
PK's dodge heavy is too slow to option select his kick feint into grab.

What do I do?

The_B0G_
07-26-2018, 03:13 PM
PK's dodge heavy is too slow to option select his kick feint into grab.

What do I do?

Like I said, PKs lights should be fast enough to interrupt his kick/toss combo. I can do it with almost all characters, just stay as close as possible to him, and use a lot of light attacks and zones with PK.

Don't give him room, if you give him any room at all he will celtic curse you, or just enter into offensive stance, which gives him option for his kick toss mixup. Stay close and keep up the pressure, use the fastest attacks possible, throw in a few GBs here and there.