PDA

View Full Version : Is there a "how to" guide for DCG?

sukebeboy
02-13-2006, 05:20 AM
I've tried to install Lowengrin's DCG 3 times now and I can never get the thing to work. I can't make sense of the guides on his website as pictures are in the wrong order or mislabelled. How do I go about selecting a campaign? I can't find the squadron files that the progam requires anywhere.

sukebeboy
02-13-2006, 05:20 AM
I've tried to install Lowengrin's DCG 3 times now and I can never get the thing to work. I can't make sense of the guides on his website as pictures are in the wrong order or mislabelled. How do I go about selecting a campaign? I can't find the squadron files that the progam requires anywhere.

SeaFireLIV
02-13-2006, 05:36 AM
Start the DCG package. Double Click on the DCGIL2 green icon. It`ll show a Data, masters and greenIL2dcg icons. At the bottom it`ll say

File name:

and

IL2DCG Executable:

Just click twice on the green IL2DCg icon.

then it`ll go to another screen where it wants you to tell it where the IL2 program is. Click twice on the FBexe.

After that it`ll go to the main DCG screen page and you can select what you want from that.

sukebeboy
02-13-2006, 05:52 AM
Yes, I've gotten that far but I was having trouble trying to find where the squadron files in the mission and campaign folders were located. I've got it sorted out now, I think.

The instructions on how to start a new campaign weren't clear to me but some fiddling around with buttons seems to have worked.

I've started an RAF campaign in Normandy '44 and been able to switch from the Hurricane to the Tempest and get the default cruise alt down from 5,000 m to 1,000 m but the AI pilots seem to ignore there target orders and go chasing after the luftwaffe. Any way to get them to change their priorities?

SeaFireLIV
02-13-2006, 08:38 AM
er. Not exactly sure what you mean, I just run DCG and let it do its thing while I fly in my Squad and order them to stick with me until I reach the target. There isn`t a way to configure them the way you want, I think.

sukebeboy
02-13-2006, 04:08 PM
Ahhh the joys of being the flight leader and not some mewling flight sergeant like me.

SeaFireLIV
02-13-2006, 04:13 PM
I start at lowest rank just like you, sukebeboy and I just take whatever happens until all the leaders get whittled away (which happens quite quickly in DCG). Then take command.