PDA

View Full Version : Challenge Mode Details

Ubi-Toller
07-24-2018, 04:02 PM
Hey everyone! It’s (Toller posting for) Buck from RedLynx, here with an exciting update!

Good news from the team, I’ve been able to confirm that Challenge Mode will be starting Wednesday, July 25th at 12 PM UTC. As this is a brand new featuring coming to South Park: Phone Destroyer, we are excited to hear what you all have to think and are looking forward to your thoughts, opinions and feedback!

We wrote a little bit about the feature on Friday, prior to our livestream, but in case you missed it I’ll post some of that information below!

THE BASICS

“Challenge Mode” is a PvP battle mode outside the normal ranked PvP system. The first challenge of the week has one free entry for all users to try their luck. You can play these matches using up to ‘Tournament level’ cards. These work similarly to friendly fight cards, but with a slight difference. Cards are capped at various levels (Commons will be base level 4, Rare base level 3, Epic base level 2, and Legendary base level 1) and your New Kid will be capped at level 11. This will keep the battlefield even for new players and veterans alike. However, cards will not scale up, so if you choose to use a common card that is only level 3, that card will remain level 3, rather than going up to 4.

In Challenge mode, you will earn rewards with each win, going all the way up to 12 wins, in order to fully complete the challenge. The challenge ends when a player wins all the rewards or loses 3 times, whichever comes first. Players may reset the challenge for 25 Cartman cash to try and win the rewards again!

There will also be a leaderboard that will showcase the players who earn the highest scores during the duration of the challenge. Here are some examples of how points can be earned:

Victories
Bonus for winning before overtime
Phones Destroyed
Phones Defended
Total time left after victory
At the end of a completed challenge, bonus for no loss (smaller bonus for 1 loss)

As these challenges can be retried multiple times, you can also earn better scores. Your highest score is always kept and the lower scores will not be shown.

Note: Challenges are SOLO only and do not contain any sort of team element.

MATCHMAKING

Challenge mode uses a different matchmaking system from the normal PvP. Instead of looking at a player’s PvP rank, it will look at the amount of wins in the challenge itself. The goal is to match you with players who have similar win numbers. It will start by looking for a player at the same number of wins, and if that is unsuccessful it will will expand by +/- 1 win.

FINAL WORDS

This is a brand new feature and as such, we fully expect this feature to evolve over time. This is the first iteration and the first time we’re trying something like this. There will be new things coming to Challenge Mode in the future, such as modifiers that can make matches more intense or change the way some mechanics work. This is just the beginning.

With the addition of this feature, we now have an entire week packed full of activities and extra things to do. Here’s a look at how the schedule will run:

Monday- Weekend event ends, relax and watch your favorite episodes of South Park.
Tuesday- 24 Hour event starts.
Wednesday- 24 Hour event ends, Challenge starts.
Thursday- Challenge Continues.
Friday- Challenge ends, weekend event starts (& Developer Live-Stream).
Saturday & Sunday- Weekend event continues.

This gives you more opportunities to earn some sweet loot, but always remember to open your packs as you earn them, as they will expire when the next event starts! We wouldn’t want to miss out on your hard earned packs!

That’s all I have for now. Until next time, we’ll see you on the streets of South Park!

Love,

Your Community Team,
Buck🦌, Steve🚀 and Toller🐶

Hershalicious
07-24-2018, 04:09 PM
Hi Toller,

Thank you for the update!

Any feedback about if this Challenge mode is a pathway leading to team vs team battles and or some sort of team leader board?

Ubi-Toller
07-24-2018, 04:18 PM
Oh, you're more than welcome, Hershalicious!

Team vs Team battles and the idea of a Team leader board are still being worked on, but haven't yet reached a point where we have any news to share. We'll keep you updated as soon as we know more! :)

Vargas_NL
07-24-2018, 04:18 PM
Hello Toller and the team,

Thank you for creating a new mode !

You said you are exited to hear what we think of it so there one think i’d Like to say.

You write:
« This will keep the battlefield even for new players and veterans alike. »
But right after you put : « However, cards will not scale up, so if you choose to use a common card that is only level 3, that card will remain level 3, rather than going up to 4. »

I think it’s a mistake and it would be better to do it like the friendly fight and scale up the cards, cause if you don’t, well veterans will have a great advantage.

And we know that you can’t use the same deck in pvp and in this type of fight cause common cards being lvl4 you must have a deck with lot of them.

In_the_Creek
07-25-2018, 12:05 AM
Hello Toller and the team,

Thank you for creating a new mode !

You said you are exited to hear what we think of it so there one think i’d Like to say.

You write:
« This will keep the battlefield even for new players and veterans alike. »
But right after you put : « However, cards will not scale up, so if you choose to use a common card that is only level 3, that card will remain level 3, rather than going up to 4. »

I think it’s a mistake and it would be better to do it like the friendly fight and scale up the cards, cause if you don’t, well veterans will have a great advantage.

And we know that you can’t use the same deck in pvp and in this type of fight cause common cards being lvl4 you must have a deck with lot of them.

I think it's fair for rarer cards to be leveled down. The more rare a card is, the more hp and power and usefulness they tend to have, so it's only fair. Makes it so people who pay a lot to win don't have an unfair advantage by having level four or five epics. Also, keeps the peeps who have high powered common cards from sweeping the floor.
I'd say it's more about balance of which cards you use.

TheGmandude
07-25-2018, 01:31 PM
When you say cards are at lv4 commons, lv3 rare etc., are they at their minimum level (lv4 ike upgrade 25/40) or higher?

No97name
07-25-2018, 02:01 PM
I really hope y'all r gonna do a normal event after this one's over

No97name
07-25-2018, 02:16 PM
Put my cards back to normal!!!!!

Ubi-Toller
07-25-2018, 02:17 PM
When you say cards are at lv4 commons, lv3 rare etc., are they at their minimum level (lv4 ike upgrade 25/40) or higher?

That is a very good question, and I am hunting down the information now. :) I'll return as soon as I have the answer!

EDIT: I have the answer!! It is at their minimum level after being leveled up.

Ubi-Toller
07-25-2018, 02:22 PM
Hello No97name,

What seems to be the problem with your cards? Also, please do not use inappropriate language. I have no problem helping you with your game and listening to your feedback as long as you are respectful.

No97name
07-25-2018, 02:25 PM
Hello No97name,

What seems to be the problem with your cards? Also, please do not use inappropriate language. I have no problem helping you with your game and listening to your feedback as long as you are respectful.

I put a lot of time getting my cards up level just got robo bebe to lvl 6 last night my whole deck revolves around her knight Ike and Robin tweek. Great combo but with this event I keep getting murdered cuz there useless at that low of level. I already spent 50 game dollars. And sorry for the language really frustrating

Ubi-Toller
07-25-2018, 02:38 PM
Oh, I understand now! I thought perhaps there had been some kind of glitch and your cards had their levels lowered for everything! That would have been a disaster, I'm glad that's not the case.

I've had to change up my deck for challenges for sure, as some of my cards has similar issues. Of course, that could also be that I just haven't played enough to figure it out for myself. I'll have to get more used to it to really tell.

Thanks so much for letting us know how you feel about the leveling system. We do really appreciate feedback, even if it is negative. This is a new game mode after all. It's not going to be perfect at day one, but we're going to work our hardest to get it there! :D

No97name
07-25-2018, 02:43 PM
Oh, I understand now! I thought perhaps there had been some kind of glitch and your cards had their levels lowered for everything! That would have been a disaster, I'm glad that's not the case.

I've had to change up my deck for challenges for sure, as some of my cards has similar issues. Of course, that could also be that I just haven't played enough to figure it out for myself. I'll have to get more used to it to really tell.

Thanks so much for letting us know how you feel about the leveling system. We do really appreciate feedback, even if it is negative. This is a new game mode after all. It's not going to be perfect at day one, but we're going to work our hardest to get it there! :D

I cant really invest in a new deck right now got only 3000 coins lol after I lvld bebe I maxed out her upgrades. Again sorry for being so frustrated just sucks when there's a new event and barely get 3 wins

YouAteMyFries
07-25-2018, 04:37 PM
So after obtaining 12 rewards I can pay 25 ingame cash to get a chance of getting them again? Is it correct?

Ubi-Toller
07-25-2018, 04:44 PM
So after obtaining 12 rewards I can pay 25 ingame cash to get a chance of getting them again? Is it correct?

That is exactly how it works, you've got it!

kkalamar
07-26-2018, 10:23 AM
Hello this challenge mod is great !!

But to be better you need to balance cards around it.

Epics are really bad. A lv2 Epic must compete with a lv 4 common. Same for legendary exept Meca Timmy ans Stan of Many Lol wich are owerpowered. Lv 1 legendarys are bad.

Void_Away-
07-27-2018, 10:01 AM
I have a question about challenges. Can losses award you points for destroyed and defended phones?. If so I think it's unfair to people that go perfect streak on 12 matches (if anything there should be extra points for that) while a person who loses twice potentially has 14 matches to gather points. I think ladder control shenanigans between top groups is also bigger in this way, Can you confirm if you get points from losses or draws?

Sturm-gewehr
07-27-2018, 10:25 AM
Good day everyone. I am playing the game for a few month.
Let me explain WHY THE CHALLENGE MODE at current state is UNFAIR and it should be changed
1) There are event cards that are overpowered AFAIK - Blood Elf Babe and Terrance and Phillip. Average player do not have them of level 3 or 4, so if play against players that have them then you are lost. I have level 1 Bebe and lvl 2 TP.
My Solution
1st solution: Make them available for everybody right now. The other solution - temporarily ban these cards and other exclusive OP cards for use in this mode till these cards available for everybody.
2) Let players familiarize themselves with the mode. Give them first free few tries.
3) 25$ for refresh? seriously?! lower that down to 10 or something

lister_infiji
07-27-2018, 10:30 AM
Generally like the event. I do agree with that comment just above from kkalamar about the epics and legendaries although I've just avoided uses those much for my part.

My main gripe though is the number of decks available when you keep notching up the requirement for more. We are already short, those of us who like to build all themes, given you only give us 4 deck slots when there are 6 theme combinations. This makes it more difficult when all you want is all theme combinations and to tweak as you go. Recently you've been running events requiring certain cards to pick up points, so this means changing up decks. And now this new event, due to the level restrictions, will really need its own dedicated deck.

So given that you are building more and more events requiring different decks PLEASE GIVE US MORE SPACES FOR DECK BUILDS!!!

Asdfop
07-27-2018, 05:47 PM
i liked the event but i think there is a problem with the points assigned to every item. i went trough all 12 matches ending 12-2 and stood way down other players that only won 9 games, because boxes destroyed and boxes "protected" gives much more points than winning the 12 matches. i felt robbed =(. winning the 12 matches should give an extra bonus so players that didn't finish the event dont get a better ranking/prize than players that do finish
mho

testiclicles
07-30-2018, 02:46 PM
Generally like the event. I do agree with that comment just above from kkalamar about the epics and legendaries although I've just avoided uses those much for my part.

My main gripe though is the number of decks available when you keep notching up the requirement for more. We are already short, those of us who like to build all themes, given you only give us 4 deck slots when there are 6 theme combinations. This makes it more difficult when all you want is all theme combinations and to tweak as you go. Recently you've been running events requiring certain cards to pick up points, so this means changing up decks. And now this new event, due to the level restrictions, will really need its own dedicated deck.

So given that you are building more and more events requiring different decks PLEASE GIVE US MORE SPACES FOR DECK BUILDS!!!

Totally agree! With all these events and now challenges too, I wish they were stacks more deck slots. Even a couple more would help.

Ubi-Toller
07-30-2018, 04:26 PM
I want to thank all of you for providing us with such useful feedback. It means a lot, as it's the best way for us to know how to tweak this new mode so that it becomes even better in the future!

garrettlstewart
07-30-2018, 06:10 PM
When are you guys going to balance Zen Cartman? He's way to powerful to be a 3 cost, and this mode amplifies that fact... When I'm up in Legendary I'd say approximately 80% of the matches I lose are a result of not being able to work around that card. Literally impossible to get a 3 for 3 on Zen Cartman, It takes at least 5 energy to deal with him and if you don't have Transmogrify, **** Magic or another spell of the sort it's going to take well over 5 energy to kill a level 5 or 6 Zen Cartman. He gains health at such a disproportionate rate to other cards who switch between attack and health and special ability it's not even funny.

gquental
07-31-2018, 05:04 AM
The developers overlook the fact that mystic is still so overpowered. Mystic players whine so much. They even say scifi is op... lol. They want easy wins and nothing on their way. Please just take a look at top 100 players and check how many run mystic + something... With their lvl 5 or even 6 Zen, lvl 6 Friar and Wendy, lvl 5 regen... it's ridiculously op. Only thing that lacks in mystic deck is fun in playing that ridiculous theme. Totally boring...

Stygian_Inquirer
08-01-2018, 02:28 PM
Warning about challenge mode: If the game freezes and you have to restart the app, it will register as a loss. It happened to me on the Waiting for the Opponent screen when going for my second challenge reward match, I was waiting on that screen for 5 minutes and nothing happened so I restarted the app and it registered a loss on the challenge. Support ticket 06729411