PDA

View Full Version : Picking a Main

Sad.Boi_Hours
07-23-2018, 06:40 PM
I like aggressive playstyles, with lots of flowing movesets. I don't enjoy using the assassins with the weak guards so I mean, maybe not an assassin but it's not the biggest problem if I end up liking an assassin but I'd love for some recommendations. I gotta admit I looked into Centurion, but I'm not much of a jerk that I would play him. That guy's just something else. I've tried a lot of the DLC heroes, but I'd like to find another aggressive hero other than Highlander.

Alustar.
07-23-2018, 06:42 PM
I like aggressive playstyles, with lots of flowing movesets. I don't enjoy using the assassins with the weak guards so I mean, maybe not an assassin but it's not the biggest problem if I end up liking an assassin but I'd love for some recommendations. I gotta admit I looked into Centurion, but I'm not much of a jerk that I would play him. That guy's just something else. I've tried a lot of the DLC heroes, but I'd like to find another aggressive hero other than Highlander.

Shaman, gladiator and Musha are pretty good for players that want to be aggressive, the only problems with the latter two are that they can be shut down by a clever defensive player. I've seen pretty aggressive Kensei, too. Any of those would be good bets.

Sad.Boi_Hours
07-23-2018, 06:58 PM
If you had any other suggestions for me I'm all ears. :) I've played glad and shaman enough for now, I'll try Aramusha.

Halvtand
07-23-2018, 07:12 PM
Some of the best aggressive players I've faced have been really in-your-face Berserkers who knows how to feint well. Centurion could also work, but his over-reliance on CC's could mean you need to fight people with revenge a lot.

jeffero77
07-23-2018, 09:12 PM
Centurion, as suggested, could be good start. Beserker as well. I would put in a recommendation for the Kensei honestly. Has fantastic range, good health, great damage, and a library of mix-ups and unblockables that can really play mind games. Good Kenseis are some of the best players in the game currently.

Maxime_Qc-
07-23-2018, 09:21 PM
Centurion, as suggested, could be good start. Beserker as well. I would put in a recommendation for the Kensei honestly. Has fantastic range, good health, great damage, and a library of mix-ups and unblockables that can really play mind games. Good Kenseis are some of the best players in the game currently.

Lol.. funny... i don't think i will ever consider a vanguard main one of the best player!!

To me the BEST have ALLWAYS the good reflex to stop is combo at the right time to deflect and parry even on light attack ...like this

https://youtu.be/uafYgU9hiQo

He even doing multiples deflection...

Knight_Raime
07-23-2018, 10:14 PM
I would never recommend Centurion to anyone tbh. If you're any bit decent at the game he's one of the biggest disappointments to play as against competent players.
If you're looking for aggressive kits that are not assassins Aramusha doesn't fit the bill either. He has momentum. Not aggression. It's really hard to get going with him.

Highlander and kensei are the only 2 kits I can think of that can be aggressive and have kits that flow with itself that are non assassins. If the reworked Valk is as good as or better than what was leaked she'd be another one I could recommend.