PDA

View Full Version : Why does matchmaker function like this?

Sparticus_Titus
07-23-2018, 02:35 PM
Every time I search for a match, matchmaker first widens the skill field and then the rep before changing to a wider search area.

My question is, why doesn't it expand the search area first before expanding the skill and reputation fields?

Or better yet, why can't we select this in options?

I'm tired of facing off against opponents who are much higher skill and/or reputation.

Thoughts?

DefiledDragon
07-23-2018, 02:44 PM
How does the game calculate skill? It doesn't seem to make any sense. Sometimes I get matched with people who have tons more rep than me and it tells me I'm on par then It tells me I'm below people with less rep or above people with more. How the hell does it work it out?

Jediknight482
07-23-2018, 03:10 PM
The truth? those are just words on your screen. They dont actually mean anything. They match you up with whomever is easiest to connect to and dont factor in skill whatsoever. Anybody whos played this game for more than 5 mins knows this. I just downloaded it on ps4, came from xbox and im constantly facing overall rep 100's, even 200s and im not even past rep 6 yet. lol its hilarious

DefiledDragon
07-23-2018, 03:45 PM
The truth? those are just words on your screen. They dont actually mean anything. They match you up with whomever is easiest to connect to and dont factor in skill whatsoever. Anybody whos played this game for more than 5 mins knows this. I just downloaded it on ps4, came from xbox and im constantly facing overall rep 100's, even 200s and im not even past rep 6 yet. lol its hilarious

If you haven't seen the source code, you don't *know* anything. That's the actual truth.

Vakris_One
07-23-2018, 03:49 PM
It's a combination of your overal rep level + kill/death ratio Unicorn tears.

DefiledDragon
07-23-2018, 03:51 PM
It's a combination of your overal rep level + kill/death ratio Unicorn tears.

Is your KD worked out only from ranked games or does it take everything into account?

Vakris_One
07-23-2018, 04:07 PM
Is your KD worked out only from ranked games or does it take everything into account?
I'm guessing it takes into account all your matches but only takes the PvP kills and deaths into account.