PDA

View Full Version : Infinite Revenge

SpaceJim12
07-23-2018, 09:43 AM
Played For Honor last weekend, and me and my friend noticed strange thing.
People gain revenge again and again without any proper reason. And gear score have no matter. It's happend in 1v1, in 2v1. I fought with Rochi, who have literally infinite Revenge. Once one wave of revenge ended, he instantly got another one. From this point is almost impossible to win now. You fight with someone, left couple bars of his health, he got revenge, took away half of your health bar, you see revenge done for this guy, try to hit him and he already got another revenge and goodbye.

Did I miss some update, or devs made another bug exploit for revenge gain?

Devils-_-legacy
07-23-2018, 01:00 PM
If you outnumbered the roch he gains revenge at a higher multiplier could that be it tied with max revenge gain?

SpaceJim12
07-23-2018, 02:16 PM
If you outnumbered the roch he gains revenge at a higher multiplier could that be it tied with max revenge gain?

Hmmm, well, I fought with Rochi 1v1 mostly. Sometimes he have teammates on his side, sometimes I have mine. Still, I noticed this insane revenge gain only last weekend. Until then everything were ok with revenge. And one day "boom" some players have revenge, that gained again and again unstoppable.

I play on PC, btw. Maybe some kind of new cheat?

The_B0G_
07-23-2018, 03:10 PM
The devs did raise the amount of HP shield you get in revenge recently, if you're ganking someone and they are blocking a lot it won't take long to get it and it he has so much hp that even if he misses 80% of blocks it will be near full again by the time it runs out.

You're probably see someone with lots of revenge gain, certain assassins, maybe all of them I'm not sure, have the feat that generates revenge by attacking as well (which defeats the purpose of revenge in my opinion) so that could be reason for the "infinite revenge" you're experiencing.

Bottom line, revenge shouldn't gain at all 1v1, not even a tiny bit, I was fighting a shugoki a couple days ago and all he did was turtle and his only attack would be light+headbutt, after a long, boring, drawn out battle I had him down to 1 bar of health and against the ropes, got him with a GB next to a wall with my cent, it was game over for him, threw him at the wall and went to hit him with a heavy and he hits his revenge, knocks me down, free heavy, kills me.

At no point was this fight 1v2 for either side, the Shugoki was rewarded for standing still, and turtling, and using his safest combo, light+headbutt, while I was feinting, dodging, GB'ing and parrying, theres no way you can say revenge in 1v1 is fair in any way.

We.the.North
07-23-2018, 03:45 PM
The thing that really angers me about revenge is the 2v1 gain bonus when it's a 2v2.

As a Shinobi, when my teamate is guardbroken, I often quickly swap target and ranged heavy to interrupt the punish my teamate is about to receive. By doing so, I indeed save 35ish damage from my teamate, but I activate 2v1 revenge gain bonus to the opponent he's facing. He'll end up easily procing revenge once or twice in his 1v1 against my teamate even if by now I returned to face my own opponent.

Revenge gain is a mess in this game and nothing in this game gives me more salt than revenge. That mechanic should not be in the game, period. 2v1 is a 2v1 and should give the advatange to the team ganking the solo player. Revenge should not allow him to one shot everything in sight as soon as someone slips up a little.

SpaceJim12
07-23-2018, 04:35 PM
The devs did raise the amount of HP shield you get in revenge recently, if you're ganking someone and they are blocking a lot it won't take long to get it and it he has so much hp that even if he misses 80% of blocks it will be near full again by the time it runs out.

You're probably see someone with lots of revenge gain, certain assassins, maybe all of them I'm not sure, have the feat that generates revenge by attacking as well (which defeats the purpose of revenge in my opinion) so that could be reason for the "infinite revenge" you're experiencing.

Bottom line, revenge shouldn't gain at all 1v1, not even a tiny bit, I was fighting a shugoki a couple days ago and all he did was turtle and his only attack would be light+headbutt, after a long, boring, drawn out battle I had him down to 1 bar of health and against the ropes, got him with a GB next to a wall with my cent, it was game over for him, threw him at the wall and went to hit him with a heavy and he hits his revenge, knocks me down, free heavy, kills me.

At no point was this fight 1v2 for either side, the Shugoki was rewarded for standing still, and turtling, and using his safest combo, light+headbutt, while I was feinting, dodging, GB'ing and parrying, theres no way you can say revenge in 1v1 is fair in any way.

The main problem here is when someone fight with your teammate, kill him, you reach the zone to recapured it, start to fight with the guy and he instantly got revenge, cause fought with your teammate. And devs said, that revenge gain should drop, if player killed someone, but obviously this feature still don't work.
Yeah, now when you said it, I understand all of them were assassins. But I doubt you could see pure 1v1 in 4v4 modes now. In Dominion, anyway. If you even start to fight someone 1v1 and it's looks like your and opponent's teammates could do what ever 3v3 anywhere around the map, opponent's teammates probably will reach you, and will make your 1v1 super gunk fest.=)