PDA

View Full Version : Shinobi health pool?

Xeith98zz
07-22-2018, 05:43 PM
Hello all, I have been a Glad main for quite some time now, and just recently expanded to PK, and I have been wanting to play shinobi, but how is his health pool? Is it just as bad as cent? I dont much care for being swatted like a fly if I **** up once lol.

JediGamerFurius
07-22-2018, 05:47 PM
Hello all, I have been a Glad main for quite some time now, and just recently expanded to PK, and I have been wanting to play shinobi, but how is his health pool? Is it just as bad as cent? I dont much care for being swatted like a fly if I **** up once lol.

His health got a buff but still, don't make any mistakes. It's easy to be killed when you do while playing as a shinobi.

Xeith98zz
07-22-2018, 06:00 PM
His health got a buff but still, don't make any mistakes. It's easy to be killed when you do while playing as a shinobi.
I figured as much. Thanks for the info, i will be sure to give him a shot.

JediGamerFurius
07-22-2018, 06:08 PM
I figured as much. Thanks for the info, i will be sure to give him a shot.

Anytime mate. Oh forgot to mention, don't use his ranged atacks unless is garanteed (Like someone miss a GB or an atack because is too far away from you). Because it's very punishble, I guess you don't want to flip your back against the ground.

ArmoredChocobo
07-22-2018, 06:49 PM
Anytime mate. Oh forgot to mention, don't use his ranged atacks unless is garanteed (Like someone miss a GB or an atack because is too far away from you). Because it's very punishble, I guess you don't want to flip your back against the ground.

With how janky Shinobi’s ranged options are lately, they probably could still punish you.

Do yourself a favor and move to Shaman.

OhHowSheGoingEh
07-22-2018, 07:22 PM

Lol any of his range attacks barely get punished. By the time you recover from either parrying the range attacks or counter guard break the range grab and the dash towards s him you get a side heavy, sometimes that doesn't even work. Shinobi range attack the safest in the entire game.

JediGamerFurius
07-22-2018, 07:39 PM
Lol any of his range attacks barely get punished. By the time you recover from either parrying the range attacks or counter guard break the range grab and the dash towards s him you get a side heavy, sometimes that doesn't even work. Shinobi range attack the safest in the entire game.

I take that you don't even know what are you talking about or just one more troll. Shinobi ranged atacks are very punishble that is why nobody uses it unless is garanteed. Just look for some youtuber shinobi main and you will see that he barely uses range atack.

DefiledDragon
07-22-2018, 08:40 PM
I take that you don't even know what are you talking about or just one more troll. Shinobi ranged atacks are very punishble that is why nobody uses it unless is garanteed. Just look for some youtuber shinobi main and you will see that he barely uses range atack.

How is it punishable? Not trolling, genuine question. I've played against shinobi and while I have no trouble blocking his ranged attack, I've never been able to punish it effectively. What am I missing?

PepsiBeastin
07-22-2018, 09:02 PM
Parrying or counter guardbreaking his ranged attacks puts him on the ground for 800ms, how don't you see how that's punishable? Also, if you're close and you block a ranged attack, you can get a free guardbreak.

Xeith98zz
07-23-2018, 02:51 AM
Yeah I definitely have noticed his range atk getting punished. Or dodged. Regardless, as Armored said, i will just give both shaman and shinobo a shot and see which better fits me. Seems like shaman has a far superior HP pool than shinobi. Could be just my pov though.

DefiledDragon
07-23-2018, 04:02 AM
Parrying or counter guardbreaking his ranged attacks puts him on the ground for 800ms, how don't you see how that's punishable? Also, if you're close and you block a ranged attack, you can get a free guardbreak.

If I'm close? Well, if I'm close then its' not a "ranged" attack, is it? It's a close attack. Whenever I've encountered it, it's been thrown from 20 feet away, so how do you "punish" that?

ArmoredChocobo
07-23-2018, 06:29 AM
If I'm close? Well, if I'm close then its' not a "ranged" attack, is it? It's a close attack. Whenever I've encountered it, it's been thrown from 20 feet away, so how do you "punish" that?

He hurtles toward you, lays on his back, and you do a heavy. This is like For Honor 101 stuff.

The fact you unironically find this concept mind-blowing is.....well, mind-blowing.

DefiledDragon
07-23-2018, 02:35 PM
He hurtles toward you, lays on his back, and you do a heavy. This is like For Honor 101 stuff.

The fact you unironically find this concept mind-blowing is.....well, mind-blowing.

Eh? I've never seen that happen when I've blocked his ranged attack.

The_B0G_
07-23-2018, 03:47 PM

You need to parry his ranged attack, or counter guard break his ranged GB attempt, it will show you grabbing his weapon and yanking him forward to the ground.

JediGamerFurius
07-23-2018, 05:47 PM

I can see you are missing the basics. Go to training > warrior trials > parry

This should help, if you just block his range atack you can't punish him.

DefiledDragon
07-23-2018, 07:05 PM
I can see you are missing the basics. Go to training > warrior trials > parry

This should help, if you just block his range atack you can't punish him.

I've never tried parrying his ranged attack as it never occurred to me that you could. I will be doing so from now, however. At least, I'll be attempting to do so...

JediGamerFurius
07-23-2018, 08:21 PM
I've never tried parrying his ranged attack as it never occurred to me that you could. I will be doing so from now, however. At least, I'll be attempting to do so...

It's not that difficult thrust me. Once you get the timing you will be wishing for shinobi's range atacks.