PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on "dishonorable" brawlers

Akaballeth
07-22-2018, 03:51 AM
Hey there!
I've been playing brawl and it's awesome. The community "honor code" about letting two guys fight and then engage, if you killed your opponent of course, shocked me as a cool thing, but as it is in any community you find some ******s that don't follow those standards, which is fine they payed the game to play however they want to.
...But on my personal opinion game is more enjoyable when you find an opponent with honor and respect.
When someone just desperately wants to win I feel like little people in the community would see that with good eyes.
It's so satisfying to punish such ******bags but it's quite hard as well.
I start this post just to see how the community feels about it and let off some steam

BlowHard74728
07-22-2018, 05:40 AM
You'll come to see that most of the community see what is known as the "unhonorable" way of Brawls as the way to go.

Me personally I prefer it that way I love the action and having to be on my toes. But I usually let my opponents dictate whether we have an "honorable" fight or not.

Just know there really isnt any one way to play Brawls just play it the way you enjoy them. Be prepared for the ones that prefer the other way of course.

Anyway enjoy the game.

Awlkara
07-22-2018, 08:09 AM
I usually stay honorable but if they do anything dirtbaggish then I join right in with them and stoop as low as they go.

Once the rules are broken they don't get back together for that specific group.

At least for me.

Rikuto01.tv
07-22-2018, 09:04 AM
People crying after they lose a match like

https://youtu.be/LF0wa0W13yw

Arekonator
07-22-2018, 01:40 PM
I personally find proper 2v2 much more interesting than just series of duels.

Illyrian_King
07-22-2018, 03:33 PM
It's 2vs2 and not 2x 1vs1

I rarely play Brawl, but I agree on "ganks" if you can call it like this in 2vs2.

Helnekromancer
07-22-2018, 05:01 PM
I don't play much Brawl anymore because it's an annoying political debate, but when I did I play honorable until the enemy start playing dirty then I'm all up for it. I just hope my teammate get's the message and not stand there like moron.

I only played Brawl when I used to play with a friend who was tired of Dueling me, so Brawl was a nice way to play with him and get more 1v1 practice in since he got used to me.

Xavyn
07-22-2018, 07:00 PM
I get the point but just seems u should play 1v1 if just want duel, brawl suggests anything goes. I can play either way though.

Cyroy95
07-22-2018, 10:29 PM
Never really cared for the "honorable" way to play. Always gave my enemies the benefit of the doubt at first and simply engaged in 2x 1v1's but I've learned my lesson. When the opportunity arises they will stop their honorable play in favour of the win and I don't blame them for that, it makes sense, but don't start of acting as if you're honorable.

When I go into brawls now with my friends and when either of us finishes off the enemy we simply tell each other whether we want the other to jump in or not, just a whim now. If we're really in a ganking mood we at least mention "True Brawl" in All-chat.

KSI_TheMadKing
07-23-2018, 08:44 PM
I play brawl wthe way its ment to be played 2v2. I find it much more enjoyable. With that being said I only play it with a friend. We always send a message before the game starts to let people know what were about to do. We try to be respectful to the people that want to play it's as 2 1v1s. But it always turns into a 2v2.

jeffero77
07-23-2018, 08:54 PM
There are specific tactics and tandem pairs that fight well together in Brawl. It's not meant to be simultaneous duels. Think of a bar fight, your buddy gets punched in the face and you've got a BRAWL. I'm not waiting for him to get up the floor and hit back, I'm jumping in and doing whatever I can to help!

I think it gives Brawls a more interesting and tactical dynamic. I always try to honor the opposing team but I expect it to be 2v2 until someone says otherwise.

Maxime_Qc-
07-23-2018, 09:37 PM
I like to stay honorable as long as the opponent is too...

But the most cancerous people in this game is when your teammate don't step in while you get gank....

Sometime they still get gank after... sometime those unhonorable bastard on the others team don't because they know they allready won at this point anyway...

MarshalMoriarty
07-24-2018, 01:07 AM
Yeah, I have to admit to being one of the dishonorable brawlers. As far as I'm concerned, if there's no explicit official rule with an actual penalty then I'm well within my rights to play however I wish.

However I accept that many people don't feel this way and in the interests of not upsetting people, I simply don't fight in this mode anymore.

KnightFJS
07-24-2018, 02:21 AM
If you dont do 2v2 in 2v2 then youre griefing simple as that lol. The game mode is literally supposed to be deathmatch just with 4 people.

Kamen42
07-24-2018, 08:38 AM
At first I thought this was a cool thing, but as the time progressed, I think this approach to 2v2 is just nonsense. It is 2v2 damn it, not double 1v1. There is a whole mode dedicated to 1v1, it is called DUEL. This one is supposed to be something else. A battle where you have to split your attention to more opponents, but still much less chaotic than 4v4 modes.

Occasionally I go to brawl and propose a real 2v2 before the match. Sometimes the other guys agree and it is a glorious battle. But I respect if everyone else wants double 1v1. Unfortunately the latter case is much more usual. For that reason I rarely ever play Brawl anymore. This approach ruined it for me. I can go to duel instead.

ONYX_x5
07-24-2018, 12:49 PM
Thoughts.... stop telling people they should bring a hockey stick to play in your baseball game. Only rule is kill the opposing force. Rather it be duel, brawl, or Dom. Rather it be ledge, feat, spam or gank.
Welcome to spectator mode, if you don't like how you got here, don't play combat games.

HazelrahFirefly
07-24-2018, 05:59 PM
I'm in the 'honorable until its not' camp. The moment anyone, even my teammate does anything suspicious it's fully on.