PDA

View Full Version : Why is there still inconsistency in the guard break hit box/distances?

Mighty_Mackerel
07-19-2018, 11:56 PM
I know you all know what I'm talking about, one moment you can guard break an opponent when they're a good two steps away from you or even when they're dodging backwards sometimes, and the next moment you'll completely miss a guard break when they're right in front of you. (Happens more often when you're getting ganked)

Are there mechanics that dictate when a guard break will work or not work due to changes in the hit boxes and distances that I'm unaware of, or is this one of the very last inconsistencies that has still managed to linger in this game since launch? I'm hoping it's the former, because if it's the latter then I have no idea how such a bug has lasted in the game so long, especially after the gigantic strides and improvements that this game has undergone.

Help me out please.

EvoX.
07-20-2018, 01:25 AM
That's something I noticed as of late as well, happens way too often when I play my Kensei and it's extremely frustrating to see him Guardbreak the air in front of my opponent, as if he has i-frames, then eating a punish for it.