PDA

View Full Version : Warrior's Den July 19th

CandleInTheDark
07-19-2018, 03:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc3U9DpsX3g

Another week another Den. I am working tonight so I will look for the reddit link up/

I had the video on while generally getting ready, they had news of the week (missed that) a new effect (feathers), right into dev talks and they are now mixing community corner with a q&a. I'll post the reddit link from work (having to walk, link is likely not going to be up before I leave) and type it up saturday.

https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/907xwe/recap_for_july_19th_warriors_den/

A recap though late still a recap is \m/<(-.-)>\m/

No Eric or Luc this week, Eric is on holiday and Luc doing a presentation in China.

They had DDoS attacks over the last week. It has been an industry wide thing apparently. They have starte dfinding solutions which they are giving no details on for obvious reasons.

They gave out a compensation pack, boost tickets, scavenger crates and steel.

They have a community workshop going.

Realistic dominion is a thing right now go play it.

Dominant warrior global order also.

Content of the week, feathers

Dev talks

Gabriel Loungnon - production co-ordinator.

Been on For Honor for a year, he wa son Rainbow Six Siege before this.

He had been a level designer before Ubisoft and grew into his current role there.

As co-ordinator he is the bridge between production and management, he is there for the engagement of the team.

First and foremost he is a Knight but his heart is with the Samurai as his main is currently an aramusha. Either way not a viking.

Most proud of a tournament they are organising within the company for devs to blow off steam. The culture of this project is very much about celebrating achievement.

Q&A

Will there be reworks for heroes frustrating to play against like Centurion? Roman acknowledges some of his controlling moves can control an opponent for too long a time, they are looking at that but currently there is no plan to full out rework him.

Will they be doing new events in the future? Maybe, said in a way that doesn't mean maybe.

Will they bring back items that have left the game? Event items, they like the exclusivity. They are looking at ways to bring tournament rewards back.

Matchmaking improvements? This is an ongoing process, they made recent changes and are looking at where to go from there.

Is there any chance for more frequent order distribution? Not currently, they are looking at the order system but this is speaking long term.

Any plans to improve the friends list or to work in clans? The social window is something they want to look at but this is long term.

Is there any plan on level 3 bots in replacing players? Bot level is based on the player leaving, they are however considering bringing the quit penalty back, for sure there will be one in Breach in the Marching Fire update.

Why no more combat emotes? They are working on some, they had a lot of ideas for freeroam but they are on the agenda.

Will it be possible to customise PvAI levels in the future? Same as they said earlier this is based on the players. They are looking at PvAI improvements but currently there are a lot of things higher in priority. People need to PvP in order to get a hgiher bot level, if they only PvAI they will only ever have level one bots as it stands.

Are the devs aware of the static guard switch bug? They are aware of and working on it.

Will the wu lin faction have chinese voice lines? Yes, everything that is combat triggered will be, the rest is in english as with the rest.

Breach test on console? That would be amazing according to Damien but they don't know.

Is there a possibility of cross platform transfer of data? They would like to but it is difficult and a long term aim.

Wu Lin emblem shape: There will not be an emblem in Marching Fire as the Wu Lin will not be a playable faction, but when they are you can probably guess the shape from the current images.

How will Wu Lin characters be unlocked? Same with the old season pass heroes, anyone that buys Marching Fire will get them for free and two weeks early. After this period they will cost 15,000 steel same as the other DLC.

Any plans for more respectful executions like Warden's Moment of Silence? They have ideas for certain characters.

CandleInTheDark
07-19-2018, 07:08 PM
The reddit link is up. Most of it was community corner with Q&A mixed in, I'll type it up Saturday

Knight_Raime
07-19-2018, 09:02 PM
-ecstasy screams intensifies-
They answered my Q about the static guard bug AND are fixing it by next season!!!! omg omg omg omg.

Now that this is taken care of I have yet another issue for them to look at. Candle when you get the time can you please add another question for me?

"currently if you dodge and then unlock to roll it allows you to escape any attack on reaction even GB attempts in mix ups whilst allowing you to punish the person. Can the devs please make rolls GB vulnerable for the beginning of the animation?"

Also not sure if you added these already but just for repeat sake:

"Currently when you buffer attacks it makes them slower than intended. Are the devs going to fix this?"

"Are there any plans to add varied ms increments and stop forcing all attacks to be at 100ms increments?"

As always thanks Candle I appreciate you <3

HazelrahFirefly
07-19-2018, 09:05 PM
No rework talk? They are running out of time for the reworks to come at the start of S7......

I'm scared.

Knight_Raime
07-19-2018, 09:13 PM
No rework talk? They are running out of time for the reworks to come at the start of S7......

I'm scared.

Not surprising really. We have 1 maybe 2 more dens before next season? They usually do the major rework talk on the last or second to last den before they go live iirc.

HazelrahFirefly
07-20-2018, 12:57 AM
Not surprising really. We have 1 maybe 2 more dens before next season? They usually do the major rework talk on the last or second to last den before they go live iirc.

Not that is has to be exact, but I believe they've always done them the first to last... which was today. There's only one more WD before S7 begins.

I'm scared.

EvoX.
07-20-2018, 01:39 AM
"currently if you dodge and then unlock to roll it allows you to escape any attack on reaction even GB attempts in mix ups whilst allowing you to punish the person. Can the devs please make rolls GB vulnerable for the beginning of the animation?"

I'm fully against this being removed/nerfed. I'm not proficient at it yet, but it has been the table-turner against all the Conquerors and especially Highlanders - easy to play classes that try to lock you into a ridiculous guessing game with high reward and low risk for them.

I'd like to play an arcadey fighting game, not rock-paper-scissors.

Knight_Raime
07-20-2018, 03:47 AM
I'm fully against this being removed/nerfed. I'm not proficient at it yet, but it has been the table-turner against all the Conquerors and especially Highlanders - easy to play classes that try to lock you into a ridiculous guessing game with high reward and low risk for them.

I'd like to play an arcadey fighting game, not rock-paper-scissors.

Allowing this to stay in means offense literally can't exist. Maybe you don't fully grasp what i'm getting at. Doge to unlock roll means no one can ever punish you. And attempting to punish you lets the person who dodge unlock rolled punish you as if they had properly predicted your move. And this is doable on reactions. It also makes deflecting safe. The game is moving towards more prediction and less reaction. If certain hero's mix ups are a problem then those should be addressed.

Not giving a get out of jail free card to literally anything in the game ever that allows you to punish someone for trying to play offensive. Let me link you Freeze's video on this. Maybe then you'll understand how broken it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOKlO-SjNtw&t=1s

Also fyi making you GB vulnerable in the first 200ms of rolling would not prevent rolls from being able to escape things they currently can on their own.

Maxime_Qc-
07-20-2018, 11:01 AM
That is some dumb **** right here....

AND AGAIN LETS NERF THE ASSASSIN and give brain dead character easyer tool to lock us on a corner...

Aint the idea of an assassin that can make you bleed is actually that make you try to catch him and keep his distance ..

I don't play that way anymore but its just logic...

A tiny 5feet girl won't face a big 7 feet guy with the biggest and heavyest sword in the world in his hands...

It's about using and knowing your force and weakness and putting it to your advantage....

That is just another attemp to get more advantage from YOUR side in game !!....

F U CKING GET GOOD !!!!!

Maxime_Qc-
07-20-2018, 11:05 AM
And i am getting punished allready sometime by some ridiculus tracking abillity when i try to dodge roll out of fight....

Si you saying it is IMPOSSIBLE to punish those who.do.it is just a pure LIE

Vakris_One
07-20-2018, 12:23 PM

AND AGAIN LETS NERF THE ASSASSIN and give brain dead character easyer tool to lock us on a corner...

Aint the idea of an assassin that can make you bleed is actually that make you try to catch him and keep his distance ..

A tiny 5feet girl won't face a big 7 feet guy with the biggest and heavyest sword in the world in his hands...

It's about using and knowing your force and weakness and putting it to your advantage....

F U CKING GET GOOD !!!!!
You need to call down man. You've made like 4 angry posts in 2 seperate threads and even opened up a thread of your own. Relax.

Knight_Raime
07-20-2018, 04:55 PM

F U CKING GET GOOD !!!!!

And i am getting punished allready sometime by some ridiculus tracking abillity when i try to dodge roll out of fight....

Si you saying it is IMPOSSIBLE to punish those who.do.it is just a pure LIE

Realism has no barring on balance talk. and for honor is far from being accurate with anything about it.
Further more if you're being punished from a dodge unlock roll you're doing something wrong.

The dodge will avoid whatever you're initially trying to avoid. if they feint to GB or try to go into some mix up you unlock mid dodge which turns it into a roll. Which beats any GB because there are not GB vulnerable frames in a roll. and the distance of the dodge+ the roll combined get you far enough away that if it was a follow up attack instead it will miss. In either case if the GB bounces off or the attack whiffs the person who unlock rolled can punish that guy with damage as if he actually correctly predicted right and avoided the mix up.
This also allows deflect attempts to be safe. because if you miss your deflect timing you can unlock into a roll to avoid their follow up.

This is a single action that is always done on reaction that beats situations that you're supposed to predict. This is inarguably broken for a game that's trying to be more prediction based. Even if we ignored prediction play this game heavily revolves around dodging for avoiding punishes and punishing. and GB's are also key to a lot of mix ups and let you punish poor play. This tech lets you get all the advantages of correctly timed dodges and rolls with none of the draw backs for either.
And in other fighters there are escape mechanics similar to this. But they can be baited out and punished. This can't be.

It's not a get good situation. You either fully understand how broken this is but you want to keep it for whatever reason. Or you don't actually grasp why it's a problem but feel the need to take low blows at an individual. If you're more in favor of a mainly reaction based game that's fine. That's your preference. But For honor is moving away from that. To be more of a game about prediction. If the devs want to continue that path (which they clearly do with their continual changes and new hero designs) then this has to be addressed. Because it undermines everything they're doing.

EvoX.
07-21-2018, 04:08 AM
Allowing this to stay in means offense literally can't exist.

This is quite possibly the biggest hyperbole I've read on this site. Really? Offense can't exist? Okay, let's go ahead and assume that:

1. Every single player out there is willing to do this exact move for every mixup attempt from their opponent
2. Every single player out there is willing to sacrifice or even has half or so of their stamina for every mixup attempt
3. Every single player out there cares enough to try and nullify the opponent's entire offense, as if this move let's them do that anyway
4. Every single player out there is able to perfectly react to some of the stuff that's difficult to react to on their own, for example WL Headbutt from neutral, let alone get to the point where they'll also need to react to a possible GB and escape altogether.

I'm sure that all of the pro players know this trick. Among them, I'm personally following Clutch, Alernakin and Legion, all of them playing against similarly-skilled players. Does their offense "literally not exist'' because of this trick? Hell no, in fact their gameplay is either entirely unchanged or adapted. If they don't care about it, there's zero reason to believe offense can be made obsolete on lower-skill matches, where everyone deals with the opposing offense worse.

What you're stating is a very, very theoretycal scenario where two players who want to win at all possible costs and are able to perfectly react to anything the other dishes out meet. This never actually happens in actual gameplay, by the way.

Maybe you don't fully grasp what i'm getting at. Doge to unlock roll means no one can ever punish you. And attempting to punish you lets the person who dodge unlock rolled punish you as if they had properly predicted your move. And this is doable on reactions. It also makes deflecting safe. The game is moving towards more prediction and less reaction. If certain hero's mix ups are a problem then those should be addressed.

I've known about this for at least as long as you have, I know what you're getting at and I don't agree. No, it does not mean ''no one can ever punish'', that's just stupid. It's not even close to that, as I've already explained above, there are far too many factors other than ''welp, I can kind of escape an UB-GB mixup now''.

This trick is no worse than the option selects that have been in this game for a year and a half now, and hell - the strongest of them all got added this year. The only thing I agree on is the deflect safety, even though deflects were pretty undesirable and broken. I don't like how the game is more and more becoming a guessing game, something with which you obviously disagree.

Rest of your post is stuff I already know or addressed.

Knight_Raime
07-21-2018, 07:04 AM
This is quite possibly the biggest hyperbole I've read on this site. Really? Offense can't exist? Okay, let's go ahead and assume that:

1. Every single player out there is willing to do this exact move for every mixup attempt from their opponent
2. Every single player out there is willing to sacrifice or even has half or so of their stamina for every mixup attempt
3. Every single player out there cares enough to try and nullify the opponent's entire offense, as if this move let's them do that anyway
4. Every single player out there is able to perfectly react to some of the stuff that's difficult to react to on their own, for example WL Headbutt from neutral, let alone get to the point where they'll also need to react to a possible GB and escape altogether.

I'm sure that all of the pro players know this trick. Among them, I'm personally following Clutch, Alernakin and Legion, all of them playing against similarly-skilled players. Does their offense "literally not exist'' because of this trick? Hell no, in fact their gameplay is either entirely unchanged or adapted. If they don't care about it, there's zero reason to believe offense can be made obsolete on lower-skill matches, where everyone deals with the opposing offense worse.

What you're stating is a very, very theoretycal scenario where two players who want to win at all possible costs and are able to perfectly react to anything the other dishes out meet. This never actually happens in actual gameplay, by the way.

I've known about this for at least as long as you have, I know what you're getting at and I don't agree. No, it does not mean ''no one can ever punish'', that's just stupid. It's not even close to that, as I've already explained above, there are far too many factors other than ''welp, I can kind of escape an UB-GB mixup now''.

This trick is no worse than the option selects that have been in this game for a year and a half now, and hell - the strongest of them all got added this year. The only thing I agree on is the deflect safety, even though deflects were pretty undesirable and broken. I don't like how the game is more and more becoming a guessing game, something with which you obviously disagree.

Rest of your post is stuff I already know or addressed.

You're being nit picky. Top players don't play like that casually when playing because it's boring as ****. it doesn't matter how often anyone does this. The fact that it's possible to do at all is a problem. Option selects are also awful and should not exist for this game. but the solution to fix the former is simple. afaik no one has put forth a solution that could address option selects. Pointing out that something as bad or worse exists also does not give a free pass to anything else that's terrible.

None of this post or your original refutes the actual issue here. Which is that this technique gives all the advantages of dodging and rolling on reaction and none of either downside. With the ability to punish as if you actually played correctly. If you wana support this dumb tactic that's fine. Just say so. But don't pretend it's fair or that it doesn't harm the whole direction the devs are going with. Because factually it does. You can't argue that.

CandleInTheDark
07-21-2018, 04:36 PM
Full recap is up

CandleInTheDark
07-21-2018, 04:39 PM
-ecstasy screams intensifies-
They answered my Q about the static guard bug AND are fixing it by next season!!!! omg omg omg omg.

Now that this is taken care of I have yet another issue for them to look at. Candle when you get the time can you please add another question for me?

Also not sure if you added these already but just for repeat sake:

"Currently when you buffer attacks it makes them slower than intended. Are the devs going to fix this?"

"Are there any plans to add varied ms increments and stop forcing all attacks to be at 100ms increments?"

As always thanks Candle I appreciate you <3

All added

EvoX.
07-21-2018, 07:49 PM
You're being nit picky.

I'm being nitpicky, says the guy who stated that ''offense literally cannot exist because of that move'', lmaoo I'm done. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Knight_Raime
07-21-2018, 08:04 PM
All added

ty Candle. you're too good for us.

I'm being nitpicky, says the guy who stated that ''offense literally cannot exist because of that move'', lmaoo I'm done. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Let's just back peddle here. Do you think it's an issue for someone to potentially be able to avoid any and all mix ups on reaction with a single manuver that also lets them punish the person trying to punish it?

I'm just trying to wrap my head around why you could be fine with such a broken mechanic. Like. You don't enjoy that a turtle can shut out a Centurion. This allows everyone to turtle amplifying that effect you get from using centurion against smart players. But to the entire cast.

Or let's look at it a different way. We both can agree unlock tech was a bad thing for the game right? How many people did you actually run into that used unlock tech? I'm guessing not that many. Yet we as a community pushed to remove it because of it's potential abuse. Why is this any different?

Soldier_of_Dawn
07-25-2018, 12:46 PM
I have a question for the next Warrior's Den:

Can we have 3 more loadout slots for customisation? This is because I have more than 3 themes I would like to apply to some of my characters and the content continues to increase over time.