PDA

View Full Version : What an ideal FC5 MP looks like (comm suggestion list)

apapoutsas
07-17-2018, 11:40 PM
I think that persistence wins. FC5 did some great sales when it came out, so this is now panning out nicely and giving its player base more content to play with. My advise to Ubi is to continue to see FC5 as a service and keep loving their newborn. Fixing stuff can rebuild communities even if players jump ship. Check Conan Exiles, voted worst game of 2017 iirc, now doing alright because they stuck with it and fixed its problems then did a massive PR campaign. FC5 is a great SP game, has a good editor with the best variety of content you can find in any game (for that level of detail), and its now improving its weak point, the MP. If they keep on working on the MP they 'll bring back a lot of players and create a sustainable ecosystem that can go for ages.

I am making a list just to provide some feedback and suggest some things. Nothing is absolute and I applaud the effort done already. I made sure to include as much as I could, so think of it as a perfect MP scenario for me:

-Takedowns to be more fair and faster. Me punching the air and getting shot in the gut by a shotgun is not fair, I should know when the takedown is initiated and it should not be based on angle when bare handed, just a simple system like COD where melee punch means death, simple as that.
-Allow mapmakers to control speed of movement. Currently the game pace is decent, but it needs a 15% up in speed to feel frantic and fast-paced.
-Remove animations that take away from the experience for the sake of realism, like fall down animation after a long drop (if on a Mars gravity, it gets unplayable because the system doesnt calculate your jump height), ladder climb down initiation (let player interact to climb down, I get killed when trying to aim from a ledge only to initiate the climb down animation).
-Visual representation of the spawn shield. Make players glow when they have the spawn shield, or make it dead obvious.
-Lower headshot damage to make it 1/3 of the current (instead of one bullet, three bullets to kill you if shot on the head). Only a sniper to the head should insta-kill, as well as explosives and launchers.
-Melee weapons to insta-kill, but not when thrown. Its weird how its handled now, I am not quite sure tbh, I tried to use melee and do takedowns, but its confusing how it works.
-Remove chain takedowns from MP. They accidentally trigger and they are problematic.
-Show in the UI when the player has special ammo/homogenics without opening the weapon wheel. That way, it will be easy to know when the mapmaker adds them. A little icon on bottom right will do.
-Allow mapmakers to place floating gameplay objects (weapons for the most part). Works great in quake setups.
-Allow mapmakers to place homogenics on the map for players to find.
-Add a favorite button on the vote screen.
-Allow players to make lists and those lists to be selected like any map. When a list is selected, a random level will play, list is shuffled, then next level plays until all levels have been selected.
-An "defend assault" game mode that a single object has to be collected from team A and move it to the designated location, while team B defends, then vice versa.
-Ability to chat in MP lobbies, so that we can suggest maps. Lobby creators have the option to disable chat when making the lobby.

That's my 5c on the matter. Peace

Heath_Deadger
07-18-2018, 12:04 AM
Sell the ARCADE STANDALONE for 15-20 bucks.

Have it come with a Free (LIMITED) map editor.

Full box price = Full Map Editor.

Market it as a Hardcore FPS with unlimited possibilities.

Lots of customization for Scrubs who like to pay real money to look cool.
(Full Box Price gets access to all customizations)

Endless fun with p2p lobbies.

Just needs a little work and you guys can start making some real money, sustainable & repeatable money.

Target a different segment, the MP types.

If you need a Community Liaison, hit me up.

apapoutsas
07-18-2018, 11:00 AM
Sell the ARCADE STANDALONE for 15-20 bucks.

Have it come with a Free (LIMITED) map editor.

Full box price = Full Map Editor.

Market it as a Hardcore FPS with unlimited possibilities.

Lots of customization for Scrubs who like to pay real money to look cool.
(Full Box Price gets access to all customizations)

Endless fun with p2p lobbies.

Just needs a little work and you guys can start making some real money, sustainable & repeatable money.

Target a different segment, the MP types.

If you need a Community Liaison, hit me up.

First of all your opinion may be valued more if you dont spam threads with the same post. Now, the customization options don't matter much if the core is shallow. Customization options like on Halo where you could adjust multiple attributes of the level would be something that aims towards endless fun. Letting mapmakers control running speed, maybe some fun optional things like player head size, headshot damage, throwing power, some gadgets from the Mars DLC, etc.

Heath_Deadger
07-20-2018, 08:22 PM
If we are being intellectually honest, is it not a stretch to state the obvious fact that Ubisoft lacks in the communication department.

This is made apparent by how stale these forums are, despite us checking back daily.

Hopefully now that the FC5 cash cow DLCs are completed Ubisoft will consider Arcade as Standalone or F2P model.

I like your ideas, and your maps and will continue to host them in my nightly public lobbies.

Cheers!

Sharky099
07-21-2018, 10:09 AM
Why are PvP game like BF, COD and Overwatch still success long after their initial launch?

In my (humble) opinion because of three things:

Gameplay – must be solid game; visuals, sounds and gameplay all top notch. Even after while you still get a kick from playing it.
Variety – can be supply of new content, but some games also have something extra, they can be played in multiple ways to prevent it from getting boring.
Team element - playing with friends, experience real teamplay or even clan support, can extend the lifespan of any game.

When you look at FC5 the first 2 points are 75% there, debatable if FC5 can be played in multiple ways as majority its run & gun. Current stream of new content does world of good though!

What is completely lacking is 3. Playing as group is hardly supported at all. FC5 is mainly designed for the solo casual player. Thankfully update 8 gave us a lobby system, but still is very basic. Especially when you compare it to other successful MP games (even other Ubi games).

Hopefully Ubisoft have heard us and are making serious work of extra objective based gamemodes. This can give the game huge boost again, especially if they announce is big and get their PR machine behind it. People who have the game already will check it out again and stay if they like it.

Last important point is group play and support. This is almost non existing. Whereas groups (or clans) are the most loyal and passionate supporters of their game. They bind gamers to the game and has strengthening effect (group of equally minded gamers). But this will only occur when real teamplay is supported, encouraged and rewarded by the game. And ofc multiple excellent gamemodes are a must.

TripleTau
07-21-2018, 03:40 PM
Hey Sharky great to see the clan back on Far Cry.

Totally agree. A bit more focus on MP, on clan matches, on competitive gameplay. Of course the map editor and playing matches to a lot of us is just a bit of fun but for sure there is a huge market of players who are a lot more professionally minded when playing games and take the MP a lot more seriously.

Maps need to be perfectly balanced. Flow needs to coerce and feed a match. Game modes need to be carefully thought out..

I'm not sure if Ubi really a) want to put that amount of resources into FC5 and b) whether they actually have the resources to produce an effective MP (going on past performance).