PDA

View Full Version : Dishonorable Play

Kryltic
07-15-2018, 01:20 AM
The game is called For Honor... Can we actually get around to truely punishing dishonorable play and rewarding For Honorable play.

Whats the point of playing Brawl and Elimination when it's a one life and you're out mode? If people play with the Honorable side to it?

I believe (at least in these modes) you should be severely punished for going against the spirit of the game. Revenge mode mode should be a way to seriously cripple the less honorable team should they employ this tactic.

In 4vs4 modes I still believe revenge should be a great way to punish deathballs severely while also combined with further revive penalties.

Alustar.
07-15-2018, 03:37 AM
OH boy, here it goes again!
Sorry to burst your bubble kid, but the devs have made it an official stance that there is no one way to play this game. If you choose to fight with "honor" that's on you. Don't expect everyone to share this mentality. And trying to force other players to play by your arbitrary rules is never going to work. Brawl and elimination are 2v2 and 4v4. Which means you should ALWAYS expect this. You cannot be mad at a team by winning at all costs, as that's kind of the point of the game.

Also, you seem to have a misconstrued view of the game and it's theme based entirely off the title. Which tells me you likely haven't played through the campaign at all. Just cause there is the word "honor" in the title doesn't mean that this game will enforce these unspoken rules that you honor junkies seem so intent on throwing in the faces of every player/team that beat you by not following your non-rules.

ChampionRuby50g
07-15-2018, 03:54 AM
Good on you Alustar aha, i saw this post and just shook my head, I can’t be bothered explaining it to these people anymore.

MrGrippz
07-15-2018, 04:31 AM
Welcome to the game!

You'll get used to the insanity. Fight the urge to spike your controller.

Seriously.....

..... dont do it.

Kryltic
07-15-2018, 05:30 AM
Lol I've played through the game many times and played with many characters through to rep 10 and above.

That doesn't change what I feel should be done and what the game should do, whether you agree with me or not.

Alustar.
07-15-2018, 05:40 AM
The devs don't even agree with you. Have fun trying to get your way. some people's kids. XD

Kryltic
07-15-2018, 05:48 AM
I don't expect to get anything, doesn't mean I can't post my thoughts.

Mia.Nora
07-15-2018, 08:21 AM
For Honor's name is probably one of the most misleading things about the game. Apparently its original name was changed to For Honor near release.

Halvtand
07-15-2018, 11:19 AM
For Honor's name is probably one of the most misleading things about the game. Apparently its original name was changed to For Honor near release.

As one who has followed the development of this game for a long, long time - no. It was always For Honor.

I don't agree that the title is misleading, but I do believe that it is meant to refer to honor on a micro-level (personal honor) and not a macro level (all players honor). We've been here for a while now and this debate of honor vs dishonor has been here since day one. Literally every player in this game has their own creed. Everyone has their own version of what a "good fight" is all about. Personally I used to be one of the honor-crowd, but have relaxed these rules since so many are fine with doing whatever. However, when I get a good match, an opponent that is evenly matched and we chip each other down bit by bit I tend to honor that guy by resisting the "cheap shots" more because the fight is good, win or lose.
My honor lies in the good fight. Someone else's lies in complete domination. Other's still in victory by any means. Some have more rigid or lax codes to follow, what makes this game great is that there is room for everyone and the fact that my good fights are somewhat rare only makes them that much better.

Vakris_One
07-15-2018, 02:03 PM
For Honor's original name was "Jason's Crazy Smorgasbord." :D

DFQN1
07-15-2018, 03:55 PM
Yes, "For Honor". That means you will fight for your honor.
You're not dishonorable for fighting dirty or unfair.

And if you mention honor why do we still have dishonorable executions? Why is it allowed to run away from a fight then? And why is it allowed to hit someone in the back (which is dishonorable). If you do not decapitate your opponent it's dishonorable.

There are many dishonorable things in For Honor but ganking and ledging are not one of them.

beerbariandh
07-15-2018, 05:55 PM
the game in a way does punish people for ganking, I think only in Deathmatch though, I may be wrong on that but I know its in Deathmatch. You receive a dishonorable point deduction for fighting with the advantage of more people. Honestly just get used to switching from person to person after each hit, feels good when you win a 3 on 1, and in that circumstance you bet im doing an emote.

As for pushing people off cliffs or into spikes, if the devs didn't want that to happen it wouldn't be in the game.

If you want to talk about fighting dirty, I always like getting the salty teammate who follows you around and continues to deal damage to his/her own teammates. I may or may not have been forced to accidentally call in a mortar shot on players like that... ha!

CandleInTheDark
07-15-2018, 06:00 PM
If you want to talk about fighting dirty, I always like getting the salty teammate who follows you around and continues to deal damage to his/her own teammates. I may or may not have been forced to accidentally call in a mortar shot on players like that... ha!

That is the thing that gets me with this whole debate, the honour junkies show more respect to their opponents than their allies.

I have never been one of the honour crowd, what I have done is tabletop and play by post D&D games, the true moral north, the paladin, often has something in his code along the lines of before all else defend your allies and that while fighting fair is preferable (offering redemption more so in the case of the deity my paladin followed but not really a thing in For Honor), dying means you're doing no one any good at all. If I were fighting by any code at all, defending the ally next to me would be very heavily a part of it.

beerbariandh
07-15-2018, 06:07 PM
fact! this is a team based game unless you are doing duels of course. it is tough to find a solid team who is willing to play as a team and not for themselves. I love the fact there is friendly fire in the game, but some people learned quickly if they kill you they can revive you and get more xp that way. if I don't like my team, I don't kill them, I just find a new team the next match. one thing I think would help though is nobody plays with a mic in this game. one cannot make plans saying "OK" or "I GOT THIS" I think the lack of communication is at the heart of the lack of friendly dishonor.

CandleInTheDark
07-15-2018, 06:22 PM
fact! this is a team based game unless you are doing duels of course. it is tough to find a solid team who is willing to play as a team and not for themselves. I love the fact there is friendly fire in the game, but some people learned quickly if they kill you they can revive you and get more xp that way. if I don't like my team, I don't kill them, I just find a new team the next match. one thing I think would help though is nobody plays with a mic in this game. one cannot make plans saying "OK" or "I GOT THIS" I think the lack of communication is at the heart of the lack of friendly dishonor.

Going back to the paladin example, the main consensus in any group I have been in with a paladin is your god(dess) has priests to spread the word, you serve your religion and code by letting your actions be the example to your allies and those you meet (in other words stop spouting off about it on the forums and start acting your values rather than sending zones and unlocked heavies at your allies or letting them be executed given that is harm coming to your allies through your inaction).

Microphones working within the team on dedicated servers is something I believe the devs need to get working for communication as much as I get hey it is this state or not having servers yet, I also think the last patch should have moved everyone to team as the one moving everyone to group did rather than just be the default for new players.

Though being brutally honest friendly fire is something my group has taken advantage of in tribute, kill me, revive me, get me a full bar, but yeah in pugs people will do that, I had killed an orochi having started with less than half health and ending on my last hp, started my execute, in comes a raider with a zone, gave the orochi credit and renown for killing me 1v1(!), lost me renown for the execution then didn't bother reviving, just walked off with the flag I had fought over.

beerbariandh
07-15-2018, 06:33 PM
thats a good point on skirmish, if you dont mind the final kill to death ratio its a great way to make sure you have full health going into the next fight. i useually just run to find one of those healing zones and hope i dont run into a player.

have you ever played Assassins Creed? I think it was Syndicate that had the ability to create actual clubs or groups with real players, there was team based objectives that you could unlock and actually get something for playing as a team. Being so that Ubisoft makes both games, that could be another good option to add to the game. it could be as simple as just unlocking scavenger crates per level, or special weapons or gear. this would also help dominion not be the only 4v4 that doesnt take forever to find a match in. i think tribute is one of the best matches in the game.

DefiledDragon
07-15-2018, 08:18 PM
They should probably just rename the game to Stabby *****.

Alustar.
07-15-2018, 11:34 PM
Lol, I've had brawl matches where I've been wowed to death by both ally and enemies for denying an execution. I finished my guy quick (probably ledged him, who knows) waited out the length of the match to see if my ally would win, and the minute they initiated an execution, I came in to deny it. Of course next match they both came for me. Gave me revenge, and then both died. XD

SpaceJim12
07-16-2018, 10:18 AM
Well, good luck to find so called "honor" in real life sword fight mess.

Arekonator
07-16-2018, 01:45 PM
Play team mode.
Complain people team up.

/thread

FuriaEmpirica
07-16-2018, 02:43 PM
so is not honorable helping your team and losing the match because of it.... this topic just illustrate how much people is salty and do not understand the idea of a TEAM BASED game, when TEAM BASED games do not favors them.

if you want 1v1, play duels. that is why that game mode exist.

AkenoKobayashi
07-17-2018, 12:02 AM
Can we make a new forum rule that threads involving the philosophy of honor are considered spam?

Alustar.
07-17-2018, 01:23 AM
I'd be in support of this.

Kalrohk
07-17-2018, 02:04 AM
Even though everyone is hoping on the band wagon of attacking you, i'll say I do understand where you're coming from. The game honestly would be a lot more enjoyable if people weren't such try hards but it is what it is. You either cheese or get cheesed on.

CandleInTheDark
07-17-2018, 04:41 AM
Even though everyone is hoping on the band wagon of attacking you, i'll say I do understand where you're coming from. The game honestly would be a lot more enjoyable if people weren't such try hards but it is what it is. You either cheese or get cheesed on.

It isn't about tryharding, it is about people trying to impose their made up rules on other people, how toxic this makes chat in some games, and how they then try tog et the devs, who have taken a position that it is not for them to decide how people play more than once, to make people play the way they want to play through artificial game mechanics.

It is also about people showing more 'honour' to their enemy than their ally and it is sad that they do not see the irony.

Kalrohk
07-17-2018, 04:59 AM
It isn't about tryharding, it is about people trying to impose their made up rules on other people, how toxic this makes chat in some games, and how they then try tog et the devs, who have taken a position that it is not for them to decide how people play more than once, to make people play the way they want to play through artificial game mechanics.

It is also about people showing more 'honour' to their enemy than their ally and it is sad that they do not see the irony.

I was more so talking about the game in generalthat people try hard, hence attacking people instead of letting them fight it out in certain gamemodes. Personally I dont agree with 'punishing' people for doing certain things, but again, I understand where the OP is coming from.

To give an example; Lets take a street fight for instance, there is no rules, but if you kick a person in the head while they're down, a lot of people think that is is wrong, even though technically, anything goes in a street fight and there are no rules.

ChampionRuby50g
07-17-2018, 07:35 AM
I was more so talking about the game in generalthat people try hard, hence attacking people instead of letting them fight it out in certain gamemodes. Personally I dont agree with 'punishing' people for doing certain things, but again, I understand where the OP is coming from.

To give an example; Lets take a street fight for instance, there is no rules, but if you kick a person in the head while they're down, a lot of people think that is is wrong, even though technically, anything goes in a street fight and there are no rules.

For the record, I do agree kicking someone while they are down is wrong, we aren’t playing a street fighter game. We are playing a war game, with armies facing off agaisnt each other that has been going on for decades. So we should use an analogy that is more relevant to the game.

In a battle, if you knock your enemy down you aren’t going to let them get back up. You’re going to kill them when they are vulnerable, even if it means driving your sword through their back. Letting your opponent stand up again is putting your chances of getting killed right up there again. No soldier would be against hamstringing an enemy from behind if they saw a man in their colours, fighting for the same goal, in trouble.

How about instead of punishing the gankers, we reward the player getting ganged up on. It would work like this:

One player gets killed by 2 opponents, and gets a 10 renown “Valiant Effort” bonus, which would increase the rate in which they get feats which would also help with combating a death ball. Then this bonus could go up to 20 renown for 3 player gank, 30 renown for 4 players. Then we could even go deeper and gauge the renown earned on how much damage you did to these players. You get killed by 2 opponents who had only their last bar of health, you got so close to killing them but got nothing. Instead now you will get this bonus. This would help with many of the frustrations felt by players.

HeintaiJesus
07-17-2018, 12:11 PM
If playing dirty wouldn't be a Option everyone would be forced to Play "honorable". But (my understanding of) Honor doesn't work this way.

Purposely NOT using dirty Advantages makes you an honorable fighter.
Choosing to not throw your oponement down a cliff is (in my eyes) honorable.

Still, everyone has a different understanding of "Honor". Following this idea and not making any exeptions, this is called honor (or at least thats my idea of it).

DFQN1
07-17-2018, 12:21 PM
For the record, I do agree kicking someone while they are down is wrong, we aren’t playing a street fighter game. We are playing a war game, with armies facing off agaisnt each other that has been going on for decades. So we should use an analogy that is more relevant to the game.

In a battle, if you knock your enemy down you aren’t going to let them get back up. You’re going to kill them when they are vulnerable, even if it means driving your sword through their back. Letting your opponent stand up again is putting your chances of getting killed right up there again. No soldier would be against hamstringing an enemy from behind if they saw a man in their colours, fighting for the same goal, in trouble.

How about instead of punishing the gankers, we reward the player getting ganged up on. It would work like this:

One player gets killed by 2 opponents, and gets a 10 renown “Valiant Effort” bonus, which would increase the rate in which they get feats which would also help with combating a death ball. Then this bonus could go up to 20 renown for 3 player gank, 30 renown for 4 players. Then we could even go deeper and gauge the renown earned on how much damage you did to these players. You get killed by 2 opponents who had only their last bar of health, you got so close to killing them but got nothing. Instead now you will get this bonus. This would help with many of the frustrations felt by players.

I like your idea. Maybe this bonus plus additional decreased cooldown for feats.

CandleInTheDark
07-17-2018, 04:03 PM

Yeah I wouldn't mind that at all. I'd also pair it with something like removing the individual kill and assist renown scores and having every kill mean the same but split between the people who were part of it (with the boost if the assassin lands the last hit and increases his kill chain intact). This would mean that in most cases the team would still get the renown any one player would have for that kill and it slows down the snowballing of feat unlocks without making one person a four man party eating demigod.

LEGENDz_31
07-17-2018, 04:21 PM
MY problem is with the community not the devs. Lately, people play with honor for 4 rounds then the 5th round gank in brawls. Seems like almost every game lately that goes to the 5th round. If you want to play a true 2v2 then do it in the beginning and that is fare. Do not play one way and be a coward at the end for a unearned win.

To recap is I think specifically in brawls you should play consistently with honor or without honor threw out the match. I do not think the devs should step in and force it.

UbiJurassic
07-17-2018, 10:28 PM
First, Im ganna go ahead and just post this here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atLyG8586Sw

Secondly, players can choose to play however they choose. I know a good portion of players may come from other games where the etiquette of duels has been something that's been well established and refined over several releases (like Dark Souls). It's fine to want to play "with honor", but you should always fight with the expectation that your opponents won't until it is proven otherwise.

ChampionRuby50g
07-18-2018, 02:43 AM
First, Im ganna go ahead and just post this here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atLyG8586Sw

Secondly, players can choose to play however they choose. I know a good portion of players may come from other games where the etiquette of duels has been something that's been well established and refined over several releases (like Dark Souls). It's fine to want to play "with honor", but you should always fight with the expectation that your opponents won't until it is proven otherwise.

Reckon you may be able to forward the suggestion I posted on the 3rd page off this thread to the team for consideration? It may just save Dominion

UbiJurassic
07-18-2018, 02:44 AM
Reckon you may be able to forward the suggestion I posted on the 3rd page off this thread to the team for consideration? It may just save Dominion

Sure can!

ChampionRuby50g
07-18-2018, 02:47 AM
Sure can!

Thanks mate! That’s one of the quickest replies ever too haha, I loaded back into General discussion and saw you’d replied already. Customer service 101 right here 😉

Devils-_-legacy
07-18-2018, 04:33 PM
One player gets killed by 2 opponents, and gets a 10 renown “Valiant Effort” bonus, which would increase the rate in which they get feats which would also help with combating a death ball. Then this bonus could go up to 20 renown for 3 player gank, 30 renown for 4 players.

I actually really like this can't belive I haven't seen this suggestion before I don't like the bit of rewarding a player just for getting killed but maybe they could reward you on length of survival from the gank but amazing suggestion imo dominion needs a rework/update of sorts

Kryltic
07-18-2018, 06:24 PM
I'll admit I went off on a rant at the start but I do believe the game should punish dishonorable play and reward honourable plays. It does this in Skirmish so obviously the idea has was there at some point.

Now, unless I'm remembering completely wrong, I'll just mention one thing that shuts down any and all arguments that Ubi doesn't want to dictate or allow players to entirely choose to play how they want...

Normalised back doges... Now correct me if I'm wrong but the reason given on WD was it's to try and force people to stand and fight more rather than running away or retreating until they can fight again. I'm pretty sure that's telling me how to play.

CandleInTheDark
07-18-2018, 06:33 PM
I'll admit I went off on a rant at the start but I do believe the game should punish dishonorable play and reward honourable plays. It does this in Skirmish so obviously the idea has was there at some point.

Now, unless I'm remembering completely wrong, I'll just mention one thing that shuts down any and all arguments that Ubi doesn't want to dictate or allow players to entirely choose to play how they want...

Normalised back doges... Now correct me if I'm wrong but the reason given on WD was it's to try and force people to stand and fight more rather than running away or retreating until they can fight again. I'm pretty sure that's telling me how to play.

The devs have multiple times, on the Den and through reps on here, said that they will not tell players how to play, I don't know how much clearer they can get on that issue. Still, I will go to the patch note reasonings.

Back dodge

Back dodge was too good, allowing players to easily and safely back out of combat. It also unfairly benefited fast Assassin characters. This nerf creates a standardized playing field for all back dodges across all characters, and makes it a tool that you now have to evaluate when to use.

Side dodge

We’re recently normalized timing and movement for backward dodge. We’re also now standardizing side dodges, allowing us to better predict what moves you can punish on dodge.

None of this is about telling players what they should or should not do in a fight, and in fact let's go into another mechanic, the run away debuff in duels, that was added because people were cheesing it or trolling, the fact it hasn't been added in any other mode with more than two people (only brawl when only two people are alive if I recall) tells you that it is not about telling players they may not disengage from a fight or join any other. The reasoning has always been to A give a level playing field and B enable the devs to better predict what moves can be punished or dodged which helps them in balancing.

UbiJurassic
07-18-2018, 06:36 PM

This was the reasoning for normalizing back dodges:

All Heroes

[Adjustment] Back Dodge

Normalized all characters’ back dodge movement to 1.75m
Normalized the Back Dodge length to be 1100ms (which can be cancelled at 800ms).

Developer’s comment: Back dodge was too good, allowing players to easily and safely back out of combat. It also unfairly benefited fast Assassin characters. This nerf creates a standardized playing field for all back dodges across all characters, and makes it a tool that you now have to evaluate when to use.

Edit: Got ninja'd by Candle. I need to step up my game! :p

Kryltic
07-18-2018, 07:05 PM
My apologies. It was the side/back dodge.

Saying its basically to make you stand and fight a little more... 32min 50sec onwards on the 21st June WD.

It may only be minor but its a change to show they want people to fight rather than flee.

Btw, that developer commentary still shows that they did indeed change back dodges to influence and change how someone plays. That's telling me how to play.

UbiJurassic
07-18-2018, 07:21 PM
Btw, that developer commentary still shows that they did indeed change back dodges to influence and change how someone plays. That's telling me how to play.

With that line of thought, any nerf in-game could be seen as telling us how players play. It was simply that back dodges were too strong because it was too safe of an option when fighting, especially for assassins. If you were playing a hero with large back dodge movement, they could simply and quickly move out of range to replenish stamina with little area for punishment from their opponent.

Kryltic
07-18-2018, 08:26 PM
Exactly, so please don't say that you are not willing to change how a particular character or group of characters play. Therefore changing how we play.

Therefor focusing a mode more on objectives or honourable fighting is not something that is that different to what has already been done or that dissimilar to some of the current ingame features.

paulwall_816
07-18-2018, 08:50 PM
Yeah I can agree that this game is no long "honorable" anymore. Sometimes you just have to deal wit it change happen after time unfortunately change on this game came horribly bad. This game went from be competitive skill base to basically arcade style game where actual skill based is not present to me basically turned into another COD game.

UbiJurassic
07-18-2018, 09:17 PM
Exactly, so please don't say that you are not willing to change how a particular character or group of characters play. Therefore changing how we play.

Therefor focusing a mode more on objectives or honourable fighting is not something that is that different to what has already been done or that dissimilar to some of the current ingame features.

Those are balance changes. Think of it this way, heroes, game modes, and game mechanics are tools. As developers, we create these tools for an intended purpose. However, we might find that these tools are not working the way they should and therefore work needs to be done so that they best perform for their intended purpose, hence balance changes.

However, players ultimately have the freedom of choice as to how these tools are utilized and that is not something we are looking to dictate. Because of this freedom, players created and play with the concept of "fighting honorably". In a similar vein, this freedom also enables players to assist their teammates in a fight, or what some consider "dishonorable play."

Alustar.
07-18-2018, 09:40 PM
Yeah I can agree that this game is no long "honorable" anymore. Sometimes you just have to deal wit it change happen after time unfortunately change on this game came horribly bad. This game went from be competitive skill base to basically arcade style game where actual skill based is not present to me basically turned into another COD game.

I love these comments: "I'm not good at this game, therefore it takes no skill."

Well, if at first you don't succeed, failure just may be your style.

Kryltic
07-18-2018, 09:48 PM
My point is it changes how players play which you stated you don't do. These changes also dictate to a degree how people play which again you said you don't do.

I was leading you into this to prove that you will change how players play but only to how you feel is okay... I should be allowed to run ftrom any unfavourable fight but you've forced me to do otherwise in almost all circumstances.

The whole honourable and dishonourable play is something you've already looked into via Revenge, Revive Speed and score bonus/penalty... So clearly it's something you know needs to change.

Ultimately, Ubi will interfere however they see fit (which they can), but don't pretend it's not because they don't want to change how people play/use characters. You can't disguise it as balance as that still changes things.

paulwall_816
07-18-2018, 10:02 PM
I love these comments: "I'm not good at this game, therefore it takes no skill."

Well, if at first you don't succeed, failure just may be your style.

Well not sure how u define skill but jumping player is not a skill. A skill player can fight his own battles. Some people just get the concept.

Alustar.
07-18-2018, 10:59 PM
Well not sure how u define skill but jumping player is not a skill. A skill player can fight his own battles. Some people just get the concept.

Lol, another one I love seeing: "how dare you and your team fight me in a team based mode."
Solution: go play duel, and stop assuming that anyone who engages in team combat is automatically less skilled. If anything it's your judgment that's skewed.

ChampionRuby50g
07-18-2018, 11:24 PM

A skilled player can also overcome multiple opponents. I should know, I’ve done it many times 😏

Also, thanks everyone for the support on my suggestion! Hopefully they can implement it, or something close to it, by the Oct. 16 update or with it. I can see it helping all game modes when you fight multiple opponents, Dominion, Skirmish, Elimination at times and Breach when it arrives. Who knows, it could even get players back in Elimination playlist, but that’s a stretch. They really need to boost XP for Elimination for players to go back there.

paulwall_816
07-18-2018, 11:37 PM
Lol, another one I love seeing: "how dare you and your team fight me in a team based mode."
Solution: go play duel, and stop assuming that anyone who engages in team combat is automatically less skilled. If anything it's your judgment that's skewed.

Oh i would like to play other modes but the "ganking" mode is the only mode that I can get a match in. Exactly team battle that is fine 4v4 but the constant 1v2 1v3 1v4 is horrible and happen a lot that is not skill battle. I am okay with team battle those are fun nothing wrong but when I am facing someone 1v1 then all sudden their team just jumps yes that less skilled.

A skilled player can also overcome multiple opponents. I should know, I’ve done it many times ��.

Well yeah that would be easy if I wasnt getting glitched and lagged all the time.

DefiledDragon
07-18-2018, 11:57 PM
You could say that some believe there is no victory without honour and others believe there is no honour without victory. I guess it just depends on which side of the fence you're on. Speaking from a military point of view, not taking advantage of your superior strength in numbers is stupidity, not honour and this is a military themed game after all.

Personally, I don't mind being ganked, nor do I mind ganking others. I don't see it as "ganking", I just see it as helping out and sometimes saving my teammates and vice versa.

1 v 1 duels are great and all, but sometimes you just can't beat a good old fashioned mash up ;)

Arekonator
07-19-2018, 12:04 AM
Oh i would like to play other modes but the "ganking" mode is the only mode that I can get a match in. Exactly team battle that is fine 4v4 but the constant 1v2 1v3 1v4 is horrible and happen a lot that is not skill battle. I am okay with team battle those are fun nothing wrong but when I am facing someone 1v1 then all sudden their team just jumps yes that less skilled.
Being constantly in unfavorable 1vX situations only showcases lack of coordination on your own team. If anything, it implies the enemy is actually more skilled, because being able to constantly pick favourable engagements is skill in itself. There should be nothing stoping you from grouping up and taking them down in 4v4 or even 3v4 engagements if they are less skilled.

I am aware its frustrating being in 1vX entire game, we all had games like that. What is more frustrating when you dance in 1v3 for 90 seconds or more, even killing some and your own team is unable to do anything with this advantage you provided for them.

That being said, i really like the suggestion to get some "consolation" renown points for doing well in outnumbered fight even when you lose, it would reward good play and maybe slowed the snowball a bit. If you say, deal more damage than your own healthpool if you die, you could get a little bit of renown.

Alustar.
07-19-2018, 12:06 AM

Well yeah that would be easy if I wasnt getting glitched and lagged all the time.

Man, the excuses just keep piling up like dead lemmings off a cliff. Team modes don't always mean you will have 3 guys right behind you. Sometimes you have to take your licks and accept the fact that you are not good enough to handle more than one person. Don't get pissy with players cause they use their numbers.

I'll be the first to admit I don't approve of the deathballs, but that's a different topic altogether. Not to mention there are ways to counter it. One of them is GTFO and wait for back up. It's not always easy, and like I said, you might find that you just have to suck it up or go play something else. That's why I will wait 10-15 mins for a tribute or skirmish match instead of sitting through a dominion match with a bunch of tryhards who only want to run the map as a group and disregard the objective. But that has to do less with the players and more with the games workings not incentivising more strategic objective based play.

The last thing you will catch me doing is ranting about how everyone that fights in a group is automatically less skilled than I am. Mostly because I have NO disillusions about where I stand in the games skill brackets. I'm sub-average at best. PvP requires you check your ego at the door, or be prepared for a rude, blunt awakening.

paulwall_816
07-19-2018, 05:40 AM
Being constantly in unfavorable 1vX situations only showcases lack of coordination on your own team. If anything, it implies the enemy is actually more skilled, because being able to constantly pick favourable engagements is skill in itself. There should be nothing stoping you from grouping up and taking them down in 4v4 or even 3v4 engagements if they are less skilled.

I am aware its frustrating being in 1vX entire game, we all had games like that. What is more frustrating when you dance in 1v3 for 90 seconds or more, even killing some and your own team is unable to do anything with this advantage you provided for them.

That being said, i really like the suggestion to get some "consolation" renown points for doing well in outnumbered fight even when you lose, it would reward good play and maybe slowed the snowball a bit. If you say, deal more damage than your own healthpool if you die, you could get a little bit of renown.

I understand dominion is more of a team based mode I do get that yeah its cool when its 4v4 all in one area which team will survive. Its just with unfair play that some of the people do is just f^cked up like they literally take the fun out the game playing like that and then they gloat like they did something special. It gets really annoying when I am out number and the game starts to glitch and lag i am literally defenseless. If they could some how balance out when players decide to gank you can get rewarded some how give help when there is none around.

Man, the excuses just keep piling up like dead lemmings off a cliff. Team modes don't always mean you will have 3 guys right behind you. Sometimes you have to take your licks and accept the fact that you are not good enough to handle more than one person. Don't get pissy with players cause they use their numbers.

I'll be the first to admit I don't approve of the deathballs, but that's a different topic altogether. Not to mention there are ways to counter it. One of them is GTFO and wait for back up. It's not always easy, and like I said, you might find that you just have to suck it up or go play something else. That's why I will wait 10-15 mins for a tribute or skirmish match instead of sitting through a dominion match with a bunch of tryhards who only want to run the map as a group and disregard the objective. But that has to do less with the players and more with the games workings not incentivising more strategic objective based play.

The last thing you will catch me doing is ranting about how everyone that fights in a group is automatically less skilled than I am. Mostly because I have NO disillusions about where I stand in the games skill brackets. I'm sub-average at best. PvP requires you check your ego at the door, or be prepared for a rude, blunt awakening.

Well I guess I wouldnt have problem with the ganking if it wouldnt glitch or lag. Thats what happen if im just battling 1v1 and the player is almost dead i am always looking for their team to jump in and most of the time it happens but when it does for some reason the game just starts to glitch and lag a little bit and i unable to do anything.

I try to go around they players that are jumping and just catch the ones by them selves but what annoys me is that we I am bout to beat someone they run to their buddies and they all come back to attack you then gloat like they did something special.

I would rather play different mode but for some reason I can never find one and I waiting for like 10 min.

chugga1961
07-19-2018, 06:10 AM
Totally agree with the title! No honour in for honor. The developers could have easy got rid of ganking, but instead let it rule. No way is there any honour in this game!

ChampionRuby50g
07-19-2018, 06:45 AM
Totally agree with the title! No honour in for honor. The developers could have easy got rid of ganking, but instead let it rule. No way is there any honour in this game!

If they so easily could get rid off it, why don’t you share these easy ways they possibly could and enlighten the rest off us?

chugga1961
07-19-2018, 09:39 AM
Easy. Bring back season 1 revenge when 2 or more gank. No kill assist scores. Alot **** woblers would be running around with 0 scores.
Thers 2 things to get rid of this atrocious gankfest in dominion .

paulwall_816
07-22-2018, 04:35 AM
The ganking wouldnt be so annoying if the counter, parrying and deflect would actually work in this game even the blocking doesnt always work in this game. Any time of defense I try to use will not work for me.

Sileusta
07-22-2018, 10:58 AM
Your conception oh "honor" is twisted. Only the reason for fighting can make the fight honorable or not, not the means. This is a war game, not a sport game.Using every advantage in a war is called "tactics", ignoring tactical advantages is simply stupid. Read "The Art of War" & get a clue.

nitoniwatori
07-22-2018, 12:06 PM
I think this game is fun as the way it is ... what ever how you play it ... it depend on you ...

I know some player want it to be fair play but .... it nothing wrong for team-work play (included ganging ledge etc...)

maybe because I'm not good at dual (I play it on my laptop with touchpad) so I stuck with kensei that suite me best ...
I find my way to have fun with this game ... in every mode with every kind of player ...

If they want it to be honor game like they want to I'm ok with it (I used to play counter strike and ask everyone to do knife only fight yes sometimes whole room 32 players agree to do that for rounds ... but sometimes it won't work because some players didn't agree so they kill others with gun lol (that time most players just do vote kick))

I play this game with my friend mostly in 4v4 ... it's normally to get ganged .. but I found it fun and challenge to learn " how to not get ganged / how to fight them back "

if you play well sometime you can survive 4v4 you can kill them all even win the round ... that really fun and very difference to dual which I have to watch one opponent to learn/guess his move

I still fun with this maybe because I'm not worry about losing or got worse kill ratio ..

the honor for me maybe stay fight the same room for awhile even it continues of lost because fight with who are greater is fun sometime they may not great at 1v1 but they got great teamwork that how 4v4 is fun for me ... like how they planing the counter and each player do their job to the best of them use every skill they have ...

I don't have any problem with current state of game because if you want to play by your rule it very simple ...

just convince players in the room you play to do the same ... that's all or maybe you can make friend list with them who play the same rule like you and they're enjoy .. so you can rematch with them when you want it ... but not force everyone to do the same ... coin have two sides ...

like me I have my friend who play by my side don't get angry when we lost but laugh that how we fail and try not to fail same way again next times ...

sorry for my English ... I hope someone can understand me.... I post this because I want to share my experiences...

PS.when I get ganging I hate Centurion most LOL

Vakris_One
07-22-2018, 12:19 PM

I love this idea. It would solve a lot of the problems of feats going to the team that's already snowballing anyway. Make it happen Ubi!

SangLong524
07-22-2018, 10:18 PM
i strangely feel insulted when dueling a player with another one standing there looking stupid, both for my opponent's behalf as well as mine. why? too good to join in? as for honor, i dont really care. Would he let me go heal back to full then we can start duel? I dont think so. He's just looking for a easy kill then call it "honor".
Frankly i dont care for "honor". Death to all who stand in my way!!!!!

ChampionRuby50g
07-23-2018, 02:20 AM
I love this idea. It would solve a lot of the problems of feats going to the team that's already snowballing anyway. Make it happen Ubi!

Thanks for the support mate!

Xeith98zz
07-23-2018, 02:48 AM
Agreed. If people ***** about 2v1s in brawl then they can go play duels. Dont get me wrong I hate it sometimes, but thats life. Learn to use your hero wisely and 2v1s wont be a issue.

Hormly
07-23-2018, 05:31 AM
I was playing team deathmatch in quake the other day when TWO members of the opposite team attacked me at once instead of patiently waiting to fight me one at a time! What is the gaming world coming too!

DefiledDragon
07-23-2018, 06:00 AM
I was playing team deathmatch in quake the other day when TWO members of the opposite team attacked me at once instead of patiently waiting to fight me one at a time! What is the gaming world coming too!

But they will never drink mead in the great hall, so there is that I guess.

KnightFJS
07-24-2018, 02:34 AM
The game is called for honor, not with honor. To fight for honor literally means to fight for respect or prestige, to fight with honor means to fight under a set kind of rules. Anyways youre wrong and the devs dont agree with you.