PDA

View Full Version : TB-3/ Ju-88 possible bug

CornbreadPattie
02-21-2006, 11:44 PM
I have done two missions using the multi engine aircraft in stormy weather and before I can even start my engine, I am rolling to the right. Never to the left, always to the right. As the title says, I have expirienced this in Ju-88 in a DGEN mission and in the TB-3, in the stock Zveno mission on Krimea.

I start and my plane yaws to right, then I turn on my engines and find it IMPOSSIBLE to stay on runway, and sometimes impossible to take off.

I never expirienced this in earlier versions.

Thank you for your time.

CornbreadPattie
02-21-2006, 11:44 PM
I have done two missions using the multi engine aircraft in stormy weather and before I can even start my engine, I am rolling to the right. Never to the left, always to the right. As the title says, I have expirienced this in Ju-88 in a DGEN mission and in the TB-3, in the stock Zveno mission on Krimea.

I start and my plane yaws to right, then I turn on my engines and find it IMPOSSIBLE to stay on runway, and sometimes impossible to take off.

I never expirienced this in earlier versions.

Thank you for your time.

msalama
02-21-2006, 11:48 PM
It's the wind, I'd guess. Not saying that it's in any way a _good_ model of the phenomenon, mind you, but that's what it is prolly...

CornbreadPattie
02-22-2006, 12:58 AM
It would never strike me as being wind... this happens before I even turn my engines. I lock my tail wheel in place immediately and somehow I'm slipping to the right, never matter what my heading. Always right. I have 0 km/h yet I'm slipping. Breaks don't help, and this doesn't happen to AI. The autopilot can counter it just fine but no amount of rudder even begins to help.

Tooz_69GIAP
02-22-2006, 01:01 AM
It's the wind. It blows from left to right on the runway. And it's very strong. Best thing is to start your engines, and put on full opposite rudder into the wind. It's difficult with the bombers, but it can be done.

402Cdn.Valkyrie
02-22-2006, 09:32 AM
I dont have any trouble with taking off with bombers, just remember when you have taxied to the runway to lock your tailweel! and use the rudder til keep her straight... and lock the egines so they respond the same, since the game dosen't support more that one throttle.

p1ngu666
02-22-2006, 09:44 AM
its just that the game has a perminate crosswind...

CornbreadPattie
02-22-2006, 11:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tooz_69GIAP:
It's the wind. It blows from left to right on the runway. And it's very strong. Best thing is to start your engines, and put on full opposite rudder into the wind. It's difficult with the bombers, but it can be done. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think you read my post the whole way thru. It's always to the right, never to the left an only on the WORST weather condition. It's it right when the sim starts, not when I gain airspeed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I dont have any trouble with taking off with bombers, just remember when you have taxied to the runway to lock your tailweel! and use the rudder til keep her straight... and lock the egines so they respond the same, since the game dosen't support more that one throttle.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know this, but this does't apply since I slide to the right (always me not AI) BEFORE I have my engines started. And believe me, I know how to set my rudder trim in the proper direction and I know how to use complex engine management. But before I get a chance to even start my engines I am pointed about 30-45 degrees to the right of my original heading.

Get it?

Jaap.S1970
02-22-2006, 12:47 PM
Yep , I get it.It s wind allright.
I can see that you did not expect that to have an effect , even before you start your engine.
But it does.

berg417448
02-22-2006, 12:56 PM
Sometimes...if I hit and hold the brakes immediately and lock the tailwheel I can avoid the problem. Doesn't work 100% of the time but many times it will.

Jaap.S1970
02-22-2006, 12:56 PM
Oh , two more things :

1 AI cheats.
2 The more airspeed you pick up in take off ,
the smaller the influence of crosswind becomes

Tooz_69GIAP
02-22-2006, 01:07 PM
I did read your post. The wind always blows in the worst weather setting from the left across the runway to the right. That's just the way it is. Above 300m, you'll pretty much see the effects taper off, although it will still be a bit blustery.

VW-IceFire
02-22-2006, 09:12 PM
Its the wind...the wind is static...it is always in the same direction.

If you've got a twin engine job put a little more power on the other engine to counter it till your straight.

If you've got a single engine...hold the breaks, get the engine started, and hold the rudder.

CornbreadPattie
02-22-2006, 11:29 PM
rgr, I got it.

Thanks