PDA

View Full Version : Is the shinobi actually bad?

VampireDovah
07-14-2018, 04:36 AM
So I'm a samurai factioned homie (who actually represents them, rather than just beinging affiliated (rant for another time)) and I've been working my way through reping and learning all the samurai. I played aramusha second to last assuming he was hard, played shugoki only to be mildly disappointed, but played shinobi due to the obvious skill cap.
Now this can be said for all heros, but it seems once your opponent knows the shinobi's kit the fight is over before it begins. The kicks are often predictable and easy to dodge, ranged attacks are easy to block, and the ranged grab seems to only catch the noobs who didn't know a range grab existed in the first place. Even with all the backflip mixups people just generally can counter the shinobi quite easily. But once the opponent kinda panics then well you're just going to go ham. I'm not shinobi main just something I observed, comments?

We.the.North
07-14-2018, 05:05 AM
Shinobi has the highest skill cap because most of the stuff he can and can't do comes from practice and doing stuff that's not in his moveset.

If you want to master shinobi, you'll have to learn the recovery timing of every attack of every heroes in the game. That's the only way you'll land those ranged GB for big punish. As long as you can't land those ranged GB in 4v4, you're dead weight.

PepsiBeastin
07-14-2018, 05:49 AM
Shinobi has the highest skill cap because most of the stuff he can and can't do comes from practice and doing stuff that's not in his moveset.

If you want to master shinobi, you'll have to learn the recovery timing of every attack of every heroes in the game. That's the only way you'll land those ranged GB for big punish. As long as you can't land those ranged GB in 4v4, you're dead weight.

It's honestly less learning the recoveries of every attack, more getting so much experience with shinobi that you automatically go for certain punishes without realizing. A good strategy is recording when you mess up, watching it back, and studying what you could've done differently.

Tyrjo
07-14-2018, 06:20 AM
No, Shinobi isn't bad, but has a high learning curve.

We.the.North
07-14-2018, 06:21 AM
It's honestly less learning the recoveries of every attack, more getting so much experience with shinobi that you automatically go for certain punishes without realizing. A good strategy is recording when you mess up, watching it back, and studying what you could've done differently.

I find studying to be a much faster learning experience and not everyone has a PC capable of recording while playing without massive drop of FPS (like myself)