PDA

View Full Version : Let's have a reasonable discussion about Centurion.

papa_joseph1
07-14-2018, 04:33 AM
Thanks to the wonderful people here on this Forum, I've learnt to deal with Centurion, he is of little threat once you figure out the pattern.

But that brings up the question, why is the game design around him so flipping awful? there should never have been a character that requires special knowledge to fight against, i've learned fighting all the other heroes just by doing, Cent required more work that it should to figure out, and in turn this causes a severe problem, and that is called Pub Stomping.

Like myself, i assume many thousands of players had to learn to fight Centurion, by making an exception to the rule book for him, to deal with him you can Not Attack and you should not attempt to parry basically turtling and dodging till you get that spot in to hit him, this is in direct conflict with what the tutorials and single player campaign teach.

This is how you kill your game, new people not having fun.

And i am more then willing to bet money on it, many people have simply put the game down and uninstalled it after a few matches of just being dominated without course of action to fight back, If that is your only experience with for honor, you will label it as a bad game.

From my view Cent is in bad need of rework, his current existence is just to ruin new player's experience with the game,as soon as you reach a certain level of hours in the game, Cent goes form the most hated thing in the game to "oh yay, free kill" and let's be brutally honest with yourself, that is stupid on all levels.

So my question to the people of the For Honor Forum, what would you do to re-balance him into a less annoying but still playable hero?

VampireDovah
07-14-2018, 07:14 AM
I don't really like cent either, but I'm also tired of seeing people flame about him including myself. If he gets change where it's more fun to against him while also not screwing over the people who play him than that would be nice.

Blitzwarrior771
07-14-2018, 08:27 PM
yes and after centurion nerf orochi and nobusha half of the knights and Vikings need nerf 😂nerf all turtles with shields and assasssins speed pls

jmac70
07-14-2018, 08:41 PM
Really cent is not hard to beat he's already been nerfed into the ground. It's already hard enough to get a kill with him. If u want to learn how to counter characters play them and u figure out there weaknesses and u will be able to learn to counter them. Problem solved

Knight_Raime
07-14-2018, 08:50 PM
afaik the only "special" knowledge about him is that you shouldn't switch your guard after being hit by the parry counter or you'll eat his fist because you won't be able to dodge it. Which really isn't special. Because that's caused by a mechanic that effects all static guard heros. And this isn't the only instance where guard switching on a static guard hero will cause you to eat a follow up attack that you can do nothing about.

And it's not that you can't parry him. It's just there isn't really a reason to unless you get a decent damage punish off of a heavy parry. In general it's good advice to turtle up against who ever you're playing against. Because turtling is still easy to do. And turtling against centurion actually makes things worse for centurion. And there are plenty of other things in the game that are frustrating to a new player. If one gives up on the game without giving it a good go based on a single character then fighter games are not for them.

This all being said as a centurion main he's not designed well for several reasons. Not just the frustration factor. But the devs seem adament with keeping him as is right now. At least until the OG heros have been addressed. So we're kinda SOL until then at least.

Blitzwarrior771
07-14-2018, 09:03 PM
Im sure centurion players struggle as well against other classes you canít beat them all 🤔

DFQN1
07-14-2018, 10:52 PM
The thing is, yes, Cent is a noob stomper because, as you've already said, people need to get used to his playstyle and that's where he shines. Also in gank situations a little pocket Cent is not so bad. But if you take a look at higher levels the Centurion is pretty much useless in duels and in a fight in general. He has very limited ways to open up turtles, does not have a great health pool, does not do a decent amount of damage (except for his high damage combo if you are parry happy or a wall is nearby). But that's it.

All in all I really think he is in need of a rework, yes. But not to change his playstyle. To finally give him the buffs he deserves.

MrGrippz
07-15-2018, 04:40 AM
The thing is, yes, Cent is a noob stomper because, as you've already said, people need to get used to his playstyle and that's where he shines. Also in gank situations a little pocket Cent is not so bad. But if you take a look at higher levels the Centurion is pretty much useless in duels and in a fight in general. He has very limited ways to open up turtles, does not have a great health pool, does not do a decent amount of damage (except for his high damage combo if you are parry happy or a wall is nearby). But that's it.

All in all I really think he is in need of a rework, yes. But not to change his playstyle. To finally give him the buffs he deserves.

*slow clapping starts*

I main Cent right now. I used to think he was OP before I played him. Now I think he is too straight forward. He could use another move or mix up plus a lil health. Like a half a bar.