PDA

View Full Version : which ground objects engage in combat?

XyZspineZyX
10-17-2003, 01:37 AM
It appears that AA and armor actually fire, with armor firing at opposing ground units. But it seems artillery and Katyushas don't do anything. Just curious to see if someone can confirm. Thanks!

Matt

XyZspineZyX
10-17-2003, 01:37 AM
It appears that AA and armor actually fire, with armor firing at opposing ground units. But it seems artillery and Katyushas don't do anything. Just curious to see if someone can confirm. Thanks!

Matt

XyZspineZyX
10-17-2003, 01:39 AM
They will if they are made into in a mission bulider and given a target. The others shoot at you! I go for the other side AAA online. Ships shell too and also shoot at you.

Message Edited on 10/17/0304:45AM by Sniper762x51

XyZspineZyX
10-17-2003, 01:44 AM
That's right... in full mission builder.

I accidentally forgot ships. Are you saying they'll engage other ground objects? Not just planes.

I didn't see a way to have artillery pieces target other ground objects. Maybe I overlooked something. Thanks.

Matt

XyZspineZyX
10-17-2003, 01:55 AM
Yup!placed some blue ship on a map I have to skip bomb and they took out EVERTHING in thier range on the map! and still were shooting at me too!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/p9141f290fa1c1c59a2dc382c77af21f3/fb1a8321.jpg

Lead Whiner for the P-47D-40, M and N and Hvars

XyZspineZyX
10-17-2003, 05:23 AM
if you use the QMB and play in crimea and just fly around long enough, you'll notice that the two sides ships fight one another when they get close enough... even fire torpedos

its pretteh

XyZspineZyX
10-17-2003, 05:36 AM
Artillery and Katyushas fire at any enemy ground unit within range. The howitzers and Kat trucks must be pointed at the general direction of the enemy though. You do that in FMB. Sometimes with a well placed static camera near the targets you can see the rockets coming in with short smoke trail. Awesome.

XyZspineZyX
10-17-2003, 06:32 AM
It's also very important to know the difference between the STATIC OBJECTS in the FMB, and STATIC ARMOR, or ARTILLERY, etc. You will find tanks, AAA, and rocket launchers in the Static Objects menu, but they won't do anything other than just sit there. If you want a piece of artillery, AAA, or a tank to shoot at something, it must come from the other menus. Static Objects are just for looks.

XyZspineZyX
10-17-2003, 06:37 AM
Oh, yeah

that too. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-17-2003, 04:05 PM
Thanks to previous posters for those tips.

I became aware of the static vs. regular (non-static) arty/armor in another post. I had wondered why Russian AA I set up wasn't shooting at my planes!

As for pointing arty in the right direction, that makes sense. Haven't tried that yet, but will do so next time I get on FB.

As you say, watching the impact of ground fire adds to the excitement and realism! Though it puts a bit of a drain on the computer, the more ground action and movement the better in a air vs. ground scenario, not to mention more things to shoot at.

Matt