PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about the new sight please.

pettera
10-24-2004, 02:29 PM
The new sight in PF has a small extra circle flying around. What is the purpose and how do a I use it?

pettera
10-24-2004, 02:29 PM
The new sight in PF has a small extra circle flying around. What is the purpose and how do a I use it?

Marek_Steele
10-24-2004, 02:43 PM
It's sort of a speed vector, It's ment to help you on carrier approaches. It basically tells you were you'll fall.

jeroenrepk
10-24-2004, 03:35 PM
isn't it like the second sight helps you with aiming? Because if that sight shows you how much lead you need to take I need to find myselfe some diffirent settings.

Otherwhise I really like this game.

ivankuturkokoff
10-24-2004, 04:45 PM
In Cockpit Off the small circle with little wings is a "Velocity Vector" or "Flight Path Marker". It indicates were your actual flight path is going right now. Any deviation from the fixed reticle indicates Angle Of Attack (In the vertical plane) and Yaw/Skid/slip (or drift) in the horizontal plane.

So on approach if (by tiny smooth co ordinated) corrections you hold the Velocity Vector on the landing aim point that is exactely where the aeroplane will hit the aim point.

You will notice a small lag between control inputs and the movement of the Velocity Vector as the vector automatically includes inertia. In other words it takes a finite time for the aircraft Flight path to change after each control input. The bigger the aircraft the longer the delay (greater inertia).
This is why smooth inputs are required. Trying to dynamically control the the Velocity Vector by stirring the polewill justresult in tears. Be smooth http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

pettera
10-25-2004, 12:48 AM
Thanks. I have installed PF separately from FB/AEP to be able to fly online. If I installed PF on top of FB/AEP would I have the new sight also is FB/AEP planes?

Petter

actionhank1786
10-25-2004, 12:49 AM
there's a way to shut that off right?

ELEM
10-25-2004, 02:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by actionhank1786:
there's a way to shut that off right? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I want to know. It's ****ed annoying!