PDA

View Full Version : Feats and consistency

CandleInTheDark
07-12-2018, 10:10 PM
So...this isn't a nerf feats post, I know the devs are working on them, they will have changes when they have changes. What does tend to get annoying though is the consistency, or lack of, in some feats and I was hoping the devs might look at this.

Let's take kiai and fiat lux. Both feats stun the opponent and drain their stamina, fiat lux deals a little damage also. Here is the thing though, fiat lux, a level two feat, will damage all caught within it, opponents and allies. Kiai, a level one feat, only affects enemies and has a quicker cooldown. Does the little damage that fiat lux does justify it being a tier higher and damaging allies? Then you consider that those with kiai tend to be characters with quicker attacks, the first of which comes in before the stun is finished as they don't have to stay outside the aoe area and given the recovery between lights puts you in for losing a good chunk of life bar.

Further up the tier tree we have the likes of arrow storm, fire flask, spear storm and catapult. Arrow storm and fire flask will do damage to anyone who gets stuck in the area, spear storm I don't think does and catapult certainly doesn't, people can centre catapult on themselves and an ally along with three enemies, the enemies will be dead and both the person who called it and their ally will walk away more or less unscathed, they will certainly walk away.

The numbers and quickness they come, I don't think myself an elite player, that is something that devs will balance above my level, but the consistency or lack thereof tends to make some of them feel very cheap.

tomryder67
07-13-2018, 12:32 AM
the truth that I do not understand what this thread refers to? explain yourself when they publish something ...

ChampionRuby50g
07-13-2018, 01:48 AM
Iirc, catapult does something like 33 damage to your allies, but does do more to yourself. Spear storm does the most damage to allies in fairy sire though. Ive been teamkilled by that feat way more times than I have by others, and when Iíve been on full health it takes a fair chunk off it away, again from a friendly fire.

CandleInTheDark
07-13-2018, 01:56 AM
Iirc, catapult does something like 33 damage to your allies, but does do more to yourself. Spear storm does the most damage to allies in fairy sire though. Ive been teamkilled by that feat way more times than I have by others, and when I’ve been on full health it takes a fair chunk off it away, again from a friendly fire.

Yeah I wasn't quite certain about spear storm, I've not been hit by it as often as others. Catapult though is way too safe to the friendly team especially given other aoe will screw everyone over equally. Someone in my group was fighting a knight earlier today and the knight centred the catapult on himself because he knew full well he was going to survive it and take my teammate out and it is something that happens pretty constantly.

If last laugh or fire flask or arrow storm did no damage to allies, fair enough, they would still all do it wrong in my view but they would still be consistent, same as if fiat lux didn't stamina drain and stun allies same as kiai, the fact that some feats do hurt teammates as bad while others barely affect them if at all is, in my view, what drives a lot of how cheap some people feel feats to be. I can take or leave feats, I would rather, along with gear stats, that they not exist, but I use them because they are there and everyone else does, this isn't a get rid of feats or nerf them thread, it's more why do some hurt everyone and some at the same tier or lower only hurt the enemy?

We.the.North
07-13-2018, 03:05 AM
Nail bomb is a death sentence used point blank at an enemy. It's not even strong enough to kill 1 enemy yet catapult deals 1000000 damage. Oh, also nail bomb's bleed is 100% removed by any healing effect.