PDA

View Full Version : Warrior's Den July 12th

CandleInTheDark
07-12-2018, 03:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLPl9po7EpQ

Another week another Den
Nigh the hour is \m/<(-.-)>\m/

We have a Den going.

they had the tech test and they are going over feedback. They had a chance to change some balancing on the fly on Breach, flag amount and ram health. I am assuming I can say this as they said it in the Den. They also had a chance to get feedback on the new characters and on the reworks of Valkyrie and Warden. next time they go over the things they had in the tech test they will go over what changed due to feedback.

They had their brawling vanquisher, vikings were last on every platform. Knights won overall.

They went over the summer sale and what happened over the content removal. The communication wasn't great to begin with since in reality it would have gone into rotation. The items are still on sale currently. They said there was a lack of correct communication to begin with on their part, that items were being rotated, not removed. They also said they have seen good results from the sale (assuming microtransactions). They want to figure out how they can rework the system they had and work in rotation (obviously without removing items) and that is something they are working on.

There will be an in person LAN competition in Defend the North in New York if anyone happens to be going, For Honor will be involved. 1v1 and 2v2 brackets. Prize pot over $1000 and signups are still going.

Content of the week, elite outfits. Knights have plumes.

Dev talks

Mariana Turchiari Boucalt, game designer.

Mariana has been with them for around a year, a week after game launch, this if her first triple A.

Before For Honor she was working MOBA games in Montreal and before that Brazil

Mariana is Team Viking.

She is part of the player engagement team so this is things like seasonal events, orders, rewards.

She was one of the poor souls that had to stop shugoki running like shinobis in the character skin change mess.

And we are in community corner which has me feeling punked because Eric said at the end of last week it should be a big one this week, Dev talks and a plume wasn't quite what I was thinking >.>

They were asked will community corner ever feature clips from tournaments, yes but they need to be short, like a highlight, and people need to send them.

Will there be any changes on the reworked characters in the tech test, We are close to the date, changes can still happen and they will be looking at the feedback, that's part of the whole point, but likely nothing huge.

Data fact: At the beginning of the tech test they had a ratio of defencders winning 65%, they had a patch half through and the win rate was around 5%% defenders.

More will be revealed on Marching Fire over the summer, there will be a lot of stuff coming between now and October.

As per Knight Raime's post, I missed this so putting it at the end rather than find a place to put it, the length of the offseason will go down to five days from the usual two weeks so that Marching Fire can drop on the date advertised and be the start of season eight.

We.the.North
07-12-2018, 03:33 PM
apparently a big one this week.

More weekly sales on For Honor and unlockable armors ?? Or better yet, Faction War talk with Bio ??

Or will we finaly get real talk about balancing top duel heroes (Conq Shield Bash?) and feats ??

Halvtand
07-12-2018, 04:02 PM
Question for the devs: A few streamers have been given permission to reveal and talk about what was tested during the tech test. Some of these have started a hate train against both the new heroes and the new game mode. Since most tech testers (that aren't approved streamers) are under an NDA they cannot correct nor validate these opinions. Will the NDA be lifted so tech testers can have a chance to combat the overly negative view of he new content that these streamers are spreading?

Tyrjo
07-12-2018, 04:44 PM
I would really like a reply to the question about the emote voice lines I asked two months ago. Thanks.

We.the.North
07-12-2018, 05:22 PM
Hey,

I'm coming to the playtests in Montreal Studios next week and in the Warrior's Den during Dev Talks, I see those super cool Faction Mugs. Can I buy one from the Ubi shop in the lobby ?

CandleInTheDark
07-12-2018, 06:01 PM
Den is up.

Diettiger2017
07-12-2018, 06:05 PM
Sadly not a big one today

HazelrahFirefly
07-12-2018, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the recap. I know I can skip watching this one. Only two dens left until S7, so they better reveal the reworks soon.

FredEx919
07-12-2018, 08:00 PM
Question for the devs: A few streamers have been given permission to reveal and talk about what was tested during the tech test. Some of these have started a hate train against both the new heroes and the new game mode. Since most tech testers (that aren't approved streamers) are under an NDA they cannot correct nor validate these opinions. Will the NDA be lifted so tech testers can have a chance to combat the overly negative view of he new content that these streamers are spreading?

Unfortunately not. We won't be removing the NDA so I would avoid commenting with any discussion from the technical test.

The_B0G_
07-12-2018, 09:09 PM
I think the most likely reason the Vikings got dead last in the event is because they didn't want to play brawl match after match, it gives way less xp, steel, loot and troops, and personally I find brawls just less entertaining.

In the future if events were more vague with orders it would be more telling on who did better, something you could contribute to in all modes, like most executions, most kills(not takedowns, only kills), most match wins, most troops manually deployed, there's many ways to do it so it applies to all modes.

Forcing people to play a mode they don't particularily like the entire weekend in order to get 2500 instead of 1500 or 1000 isn't really worth it for most people, I know it isn't for me. My friends and I just played one match to make sure we got the reward, then just hammered out dominion all weekend.

Knight_Raime
07-13-2018, 01:55 AM
Just a little snippet since I didn't see it in Candle's summary....
The warden and valk reworks were officially confirmed and are dropping launch of season 7. Which I believe was stated to be August 2nd.
The length of in between seasons is shortened to 5 days from 2 weeks this time around so marching fire can launch On the day they stated it would and it also being the start of season 8.

CandleInTheDark
07-13-2018, 02:03 AM
The warden and valk reworks were officially confirmed and are dropping launch of season 7. Which I believe was stated to be August 2nd.
The length of in between seasons is shortened to 5 days from 2 weeks this time around so marching fire can launch On the day they stated it would and it also being the start of season 8.

Oh I didn't catch the latter bit, thanks. I will need to add that in.

Knight_Raime
07-13-2018, 02:06 AM
Oh I didn't catch the latter bit, thanks. I will need to add that in.

np <3

HazelrahFirefly
07-13-2018, 02:22 AM
Unless the roadmap was a lie that was all confirmed on the previous warriors den lol

Siegfried-Z
07-13-2018, 10:08 AM
Why a focus on Tiandi and Shaolin moveset ? they gonna be released in October..

I would prefer to see more about Valk rework :)

SpaceJim12
07-13-2018, 10:47 AM

I just hope they will add major fixes to Dominon. There will never be the better time for it, than next season.