PDA

View Full Version : Just Dance for Wii

Barrliga
07-10-2018, 11:48 PM
Heya Ubisoft !
First.. Thank you SO much for Just Dance.. i know im a little bit late for that, but i never played console games before and now.. after a great party of a friend.. im so F..g in Love with Just Dance ! ( and all your Choreographers + Dancers ;)) )

Now to my... Problem... *sigh*
I bought a Wii and Just Dance 2018 for it... Without knowing that this is the oldest Console. -.- the greatest nightmare .. i CANT use Just Dance Unlimited because the nintendo E-shop is no longer available for Wii, right?
Do i really have to buy a WiiU or an other console to get all these freaking good songs + Dances?
Last question... if... i really mean IF i buy a WiiU or an other console.. is it possible to use my Just Dance Wii Versions ( yeah i wanne buy the older Versions too ) on the new Console + Just Dance unlimited?

I know.. Noob Questions.. but it breaks my heart that i cant dance to Handsclap or Crucified with your fabolous Mehdi K. ! ;))

a really REALLY sad Just Dance Fan

Ubi-Lucipus
07-11-2018, 12:02 PM
First of all welcome to the Just Dance family, its great to have you Just Dancing with us! :o

For the Wii console, Just Dance Unlimited isn't available so in order for you to obtain the songs from Just Dance Unlimited you'd have to get a different console.

In terms of using your Wii copy of the game, it's not compatible with any other platform so you would also need a different copy.

I also want to let you know about the Just Dance Now (https://justdancenow.com/) app which means you can play with your mobile phone and a screen, without needing the console! :cool:

I hope that this helps to answer your questions and please don't hesitate to let us know how you get on with your dancing! :D

Barrliga
07-11-2018, 12:57 PM
Hey. Thx so much for your warm Welcome and the fast answer! :)

The Wii copies of Just dance... my Intention was.. to buy a wiiU . And this Console is backward compatible.. so i Thought all Just Dance Copies for the Old Wii can be used on the WiiU like all the equipment like Sensor and nunchuks. :)

I know its a little bit confusing ! O-O i google it and find some information on the Nintendo Website. Sry its in German.. *blush*

https://www.nintendo.de/Hilfe/Wii-U/Spiele-Tipps/Ruckwartskompatibilitat/Kann-ich-auf-der-Wii-U-auch-Wii-Software-spielen-/Kann-ich-auf-der-Wii-U-auch-Wii-Software-spielen--688503.html

If thats like in the Link and i can Use all Wii Just Dance Title on the WiiU i will buy a WiiU.

Dude.. last Time i throw so much money ou of my window it was for a Date, you should really feel flattered ^^ please confirm or deny my guesses so I can be quite sure! ;)

Edith : Just Dance Now is no Option! I dance every morning 30 min for workout, after work 2 hours to relax and more on the Weekend. ( alone or with friends )

greekphysics
07-11-2018, 08:26 PM
I have danced to Just Dance on Wii U, Switch, and Xbox One.

I started out with Wii U early in 2016 and fell in love with Just Dance 2015. I absolutely love the songs, dances, visual display, and choreographies from 2015.

When I started dancing to Just Dance 2016, I was disappointed that it didn't have a World Dance Floor. So I didn't dance much to 2016.

I finally learned that Just Dance 2016 had a World Dance Floor option for Wii, even though there wasn't one for Wii U.

So I bought Just Dance 2016 for Wii and played it on my Wii U. When I popped in the disc, I had to open the regular Wii menu on my Wii U (not the Wii U menu that's available on the Wii U) in order to play the regular Wii version. It worked, once I figured out the menu options.

However, after having danced to the Wii U version, I was sorely disappointed with the graphics on regular Wii. If you're already used to the Wii graphics, this shouldn't be a problem for you, but since I had already been accustomed to the Wii U graphics of Just Dance, I didn't use the regular Wii version of Just Dance much.

When Nintendo Switch came out, I bought one of those and tried Just Dance with it. Although it works much the same way as Wii U, the Joy-Cons are smaller and lighter for Switch. It's a better dancing experience to have a smaller, lighter remote in my hand. Plus, Also, with the Switch, you don't have to worry about a separate sensor bar. There are also a few bonus songs exclusive for Switch which use a double rumble feature (two-handed dancing). Switch and Wii U are similar products in many regards, both by Nintendo, and Switch is mainly advertised for its portability (combination of console and handheld gaming), but as far as Just Dance is concerned, Switch offers the better experience, in my humble opinion.

I discovered hands-free dancing with full-body scoring towards the end of 2016, a few months after Just Dance 2017 was released, and once I started getting the hang of how it works (there was a bit of a learning curve, switching from Wii U where I had been primarily focused on my right-hand, smoothness, and precise timing and speed-matching to using Xbox Kinect which strongly demands full-body movement and coordination), I have developed a strong preference for dancing with Xbox Kinect. (The Kinect sensor was apparently discontinued, though they are still possible to find, so who knows what will replace it. Many of the top Just Dancers use Xbox Kinect, so I hope there will be a full-body motion sensor that replaces it in the future, or maybe they will find a way to use built-in cameras of phones, laptops, tablets, etc..)

Speaking of workouts, once I learned how to score well with Xbox Kinect, I realized that I was getting a much better workout with Xbox than I had been getting with Wii U, even though the choreographies are the same. On the other hand, Just Dance is the only game that I play on Xbox, and it's a lot of money to spend if you're not going to use it for a variety of games (though the older versions have dropped in price).

If you switch to a different console, I believe that Just Dance 2018 comes with 90 free days of Unlimited (if I remember correctly, it's a longer period than I had received for free for most other years of Just Dance). Good luck and happy dancing.

Ubi-Lucipus
07-12-2018, 02:44 PM
Hey. Thx so much for your warm Welcome and the fast answer! :)

The Wii copies of Just dance... my Intention was.. to buy a wiiU . And this Console is backward compatible.. so i Thought all Just Dance Copies for the Old Wii can be used on the WiiU like all the equipment like Sensor and nunchuks. :)

I know its a little bit confusing ! O-O i google it and find some information on the Nintendo Website. Sry its in German.. *blush*

https://www.nintendo.de/Hilfe/Wii-U/Spiele-Tipps/Ruckwartskompatibilitat/Kann-ich-auf-der-Wii-U-auch-Wii-Software-spielen-/Kann-ich-auf-der-Wii-U-auch-Wii-Software-spielen--688503.html

If thats like in the Link and i can Use all Wii Just Dance Title on the WiiU i will buy a WiiU.

Dude.. last Time i throw so much money ou of my window it was for a Date, you should really feel flattered ^^ please confirm or deny my guesses so I can be quite sure! ;)

Edith : Just Dance Now is no Option! I dance every morning 30 min for workout, after work 2 hours to relax and more on the Weekend. ( alone or with friends )

I've checked and you're right, it is backwards compatible, my apologies for the confusion :)

You can play your JD18 Wii disc on the Wii U (https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1145/~/how-to-play-wii-games-on-the-wii-u).

However I am unable to confirm if Just Dance Unlimited will work on the Wii U this way. The best thing to do is to get in touch with Nintendo (http://support.nintendo.com)to see if they have any information regarding this. :)

Barrliga
07-12-2018, 05:22 PM
Uff ... okay ! thx so much ;)

Seems that Dancing to Crucified has to wait till Christmas ^^
Till then my Boyfriend and I will conquer World Dance Floor xD

*kisses*

carlosak1
06-09-2019, 02:17 PM
What a fantastic dance ! ;)

UbiSc0ttie
06-11-2019, 08:50 PM
Welcome to the forums @carlosak1 ! :cool:

What dance are you referring to? Which one is your favorite?

- Scottie