PDA

View Full Version : Centurion Unblockable for **** sakes

Legion25846
07-10-2018, 03:24 PM
Can we for the love of ****ing god get a Feint on the Centurions Unblockable, its unreal that he can't feint it.

This alone would make him more viable. At this point the guy is so 1 dimensional i can't even play him anymore every ****ing person knows exactly what i'm going to do its so easy to see it comming and with no feint on unblockable its obvious im going to GB and if i let the slowest straight unblockable attack in the game go it gets parried 99% of the time.

his kick and punch are worthless they are just free light attacks or gb for opponent .....DODGE

his unblockable is so easy to parry its more punishing to the player then the opponent..PARRY

so that leaves him fake to gb hmmmmmm i wonder what hes gonna do.

It can;t be that hard to change this 1 mechanic making him atleast playable until they change him around.

JediGamerFurius
07-10-2018, 07:57 PM
Agreed. His unblockable is a joke, people can see it comming from miles away. And there is no reason for not to feint this move. The only time I use this is when I push somebody against the wall, other than that there is no use for it.

Legion25846
07-10-2018, 08:24 PM
Thats the problem none of his fighting is any good except up against a wall but allot of other characters in the game can do well up against walls and still fight in the open

his light attacks are slow so slow that they can be parried easily
his heavy are pretty fast and do good damage but they are also easy to parry or block ( they are heavies )
his front kick opener is so easy to see it gets dodge 80% of the time
his punch gets dodged 99% of the time
his unblockable is super easy to see coming and always gets parried

that leaves the fake to GB but since its all hes got people just break it easily

if he could feint atleast this would allow him a reset or a parry or a light attack
give him something other then wall fighting no one sticks to a wall you have to try and push them towards it by being ballerina or getting a gb and shoving them towards a wall ( good luck with that )

JediGamerFurius
07-10-2018, 09:04 PM
Thats the problem none of his fighting is any good except up against a wall but allot of other characters in the game can do well up against walls and still fight in the open

That is the main problem, the cent was designed to be that way, using the wall to gain advantage. Ppl complained and they nerfed him, now he is not viable. I forgot to mention, I also don't use his punches unless I sucessfull land the unblockeable (Against lvl 1 bots mostly), then I use the charged punch. The unblockeable feint is very necessary right now.

Armosias
07-10-2018, 09:30 PM
Having two different feint windows for an attack would be very new and a bit strong I think

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
07-10-2018, 10:01 PM
cents heavies come out fast and they readded the punch stun after cent mains complained. I think cent is in a good place right now. He can fight but not bully anymore.

JediGamerFurius
07-10-2018, 10:26 PM
Having two different feint windows for an attack would be very new and a bit strong I think

Raider and kensei can feint heavy and UB, why cent cannnot?

Legion25846
07-11-2018, 12:22 PM
cents heavies come out fast and they readded the punch stun after cent mains complained. I think cent is in a good place right now. He can fight but not bully anymore.

How do you see him in a good place sins rape him cause they can dodge attack all his linear movements and his recovery is to slow to get back to block it and heavies have more health and do more damage and have feints on there unblockables.

he can't feint his unblockable giving you 2 choices get parried or try and GB ( which rarely works )

His lights are slow enough to parry

the only thing he has going for him is his heavies are pretty fast and do good damage problem is they are still heavies and get parried easily

his front kick easy to dodge its to slow
his punch is worthless i don't think ive landed a regular stun punch in forever

the feint on his unblockable would give him a nice mix up until a rework. it can't be that hard to do.

Jazz117Volkov
07-11-2018, 12:25 PM
Centurion's charged heavies are contextual, at least if you want success. You can very briefly cancel to a guardbreak after the unblockable icon displays which increases your chances of catching a parry attempt (unblockables motivate responses), and that is your unblockable feint. Other heroes can't feint against Centurion like others because his heavies aren't vulnerable to guardbreaks, likewise Cent can (should) only feint into guardbreaks because his hard feints are garbage. There's a balance here.

"Centurion is weak" has become a very popular opinion. He's definitely not the strongest hero, but his mix-up potential and punishes are crazy good.

Legion25846
07-11-2018, 01:23 PM
Centurion's charged heavies are contextual, at least if you want success. You can very briefly cancel to a guardbreak after the unblockable icon displays which increases your chances of catching a parry attempt (unblockables motivate responses), and that is your unblockable feint. Other heroes can't feint against Centurion like others because his heavies aren't vulnerable to guardbreaks, likewise Cent can (should) only feint into guardbreaks because his hard feints are garbage. There's a balance here.

"Centurion is weak" has become a very popular opinion. He's definitely not the strongest hero, but his mix-up potential and punishes are crazy good.

I don't see how you see his mix up potential are crazy good ??? What mix up potential ?His punish i can agree with its great IF you can land anything.

He has no mix ups Period unless u get them up against a wall.....

He has 1 opener his front kick that gets dodged all the time
Let's not pretend that not every one and there mother Can BGB in this game.
So you light attack get parried ( cause its so slow )
you front kick get dodged and then get GB
you heavy get blocked throw a punch they dodge into GB
you heavy get parried
you throw an unblockable get parried cause its stupid easy to parry it or dodge it

So really you have 1 mix up and its unblockable feint to GB problem is every one knows your going to do that and if you do manage to get it to work I promise you wont land it again cause peoepl adapt to it so easily cause its all hes got.

so now your dancing around like a ballerina trying to get them to a wall......

his punish is good but everything else is sucks.

Armosias
07-11-2018, 03:08 PM
Raider and kensei can feint heavy and UB, why cent cannnot?
Cent cannot because he's already able to feint his heavies before they become unblockables, being able to feint or soft feint while charging and keeping the feint window longer once fully charged grant terrible flexibility to Cent's charged heavies.

JediGamerFurius
07-11-2018, 03:33 PM
Cent cannot because he's already able to feint his heavies before they become unblockables, being able to feint or soft feint while charging and keeping the feint window longer once fully charged grant terrible flexibility to Cent's charged heavies.

You just describe how predictible he's UB is. And his feints are useless. You got kensei who can do good feints, conqueror as well for exemple and you are complaining about centurion feint his UB?

Jazz117Volkov
07-11-2018, 03:36 PM
I don't see how you see his mix up potential are crazy good ??? What mix up potential ?His punish i can agree with its great IF you can land anything.

He has no mix ups Period unless u get them up against a wall.....

He has 1 opener his front kick that gets dodged all the time
Let's not pretend that not every one and there mother Can BGB in this game.
So you light attack get parried ( cause its so slow )
you front kick get dodged and then get GB
you heavy get blocked throw a punch they dodge into GB
you heavy get parried
you throw an unblockable get parried cause its stupid easy to parry it or dodge it

So really you have 1 mix up and its unblockable feint to GB problem is every one knows your going to do that and if you do manage to get it to work I promise you wont land it again cause peoepl adapt to it so easily cause its all hes got.

so now your dancing around like a ballerina trying to get them to a wall......

his punish is good but everything else is sucks.

You're really talking up the issue. Cent has good mix-ups. From a light you can chain into a heavy, a guardbreak, a charged heavy, or a guardbreak cancel. From a heavy you can chain into a punch, a charged heavy, and guardbreak cancel. Punctuate your assault with the kick only if your opponent is expecting a weapon attack, from the kick you get a guaranteed light which you can then take into any of the above. Use your options to create a pattern, then break that pattern.

Despite what you're telling me, I know for a fact that Centurion lights and heavies a rarely parried on reaction. Only his chained lights get parried, and if they've proven competent, then charge your heavy from neutral; they'll go for the parry, then cancel, you get your pin, and a free 65 damage.

Centurion has more options than most heroes. Stop leaning on his CC moves to get you free damage; everyone knows Cent player do this so they'll slap you for it.

Don't start a fight by cancelling your heavies into guardbreaks, they lose the element of surprise. Don't start a fight with a kick, everyone expects it. Don't follow heavies with a punch, everyone knows you want to. Be reserved until your opponent gets confident, then start hitting them with your soft cancels. And you shouldn't be trying to get them near a wall, just stand near one and make them come to you...don't make work for yourself. Cent only needs to land his signature combo once to destroy his opponent, so fight like you're only going to get it once. Don't open the fight expecting your opponent to fall for your first guardbreak.