PDA

View Full Version : Revenge in 1v1

Archeun
07-07-2018, 09:58 PM
I'm seeing it a ton lately. It's getting really old.

KSI_TheMadKing
07-08-2018, 02:47 AM
I'm seeing it a ton lately. It's getting really old.

I agree... I hate it when you're fighting somebody and they get revenge and they end up winning because of it.

HazelrahFirefly
07-08-2018, 03:53 AM
I do actually think that Revenge should not be selectable until a 2nd opponent attacks. The gauge can fill and be ready, but not prompt unless attacked by a second person. By attacked I dont mean struck btw; if the second person attack in your direction within lock-on range then the revenge gate would open.

Mirage6201
07-08-2018, 03:54 AM
They need to lower attack significantly so itís only good for surviving. It would make it useless in even fights.

Tyrjo
07-08-2018, 10:19 AM
Revenge gain in 1vs1 needs to go badly. It hurts the game immensely.

It's time to fix revenge
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1886863-It-s-time-to-fix-revenge

Darkmight_cz
07-08-2018, 01:58 PM
Revenge gain in 1vs1 needs to go badly. It hurts the game immensely.

It's time to fix revenge
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1886863-It-s-time-to-fix-revenge

Agree that revenge shouldn't be in duel mode 😉

Halvtand
07-08-2018, 02:23 PM
Revenge is in 1v1s to give a pushed player a chance to punish an attack- or (mostly) cc-spamming aggressor. Revenge has always been about levelling the playing field in a game where some characters simply lack tools that others have in abundance.

If you want revenge removed from 1v1, stop making it a necessity. Stop using the tactics that fuel revenge. If you can only win by spamming kicks, headbutts, GBs, sweeps and similar moves you are the reason we still need revenge when fighting 1v1. If you start playing smarter the enemy will never get revenge to begin with, thus eliminating it from the fight.

Tyrjo
07-08-2018, 02:46 PM
Agree that revenge shouldn't be in duel mode ��

I know there is no revenge in Duels. Which is great, they removed it for a reason.

We.the.North
07-08-2018, 05:32 PM
Revenge should not exist. Plain and simple. The CC immunity negates half of some heroes' kit and the auto-knockdown pisses me off because it breaks immersion when all of a sudden everyone backs away from target just to "bait revenge activation with feints".

2v1 should have ... you know ... a 2v1 advantage. It makes NO SENSE to have the best strategy be to let your ally 1v1 and jump in at the very end only if he needs the help.

You're worried about "deathbals", make boosting worth a damn and actually give a lot more points for killing minions in mid. The best Dominion strategy will then be to spread your forces around the map to cover multiple points. Deathballs, while winning in kills, will just lose the game in points.

CandleInTheDark
07-09-2018, 11:14 AM
Ok so on the one hand, I am one of those that do not think revenge should be there to begin with.

On the other, if a centurion is firing attacks into my block, I am having to parry the charged heavy, he manages a kick that gets him into a stamina drain chain and he delays the heavy after throwing me to the floor until the point I am getting up so he can attack me then knock me down again rather than do his chain finisher that resets the fight to neutral (well not quite, still out of stamina but gives me space at least to try and ride it out) and revenge pops up at the point I hit the floor for the second or third time I am absolutely going to use it and tell him when he gets bratty over it that it's on him for building it up knowing that cc more suited to group fights gives me revenge. Very specific example, I am aware, happened to me within the last week.

Also I don't feel that people should expect everyone to follow their made up code of practice that is not in the rules as written but that is a whole other rant.

DrinkinMyStella
07-09-2018, 11:47 AM
its silly that turtling wins duels

CandleInTheDark
07-09-2018, 01:34 PM
its silly that turtling wins duels

So here is the thing with the example I gave, I wasn't turtling,yes, I got a block or two, but the centurion, knowing that revenge buildup is a thing, after doing the kick and hits to the head which cause revenge buildup themselves, decided he was going to get extra damage by staying close to me and not using the floor punish that would have backed him up and given me space to try and manage being out of stamina, he did that twice, gb, throw to floor, delayed heavy, gb, throw to floor, each of those giving me revenge buildup. If he had decided to do the floor pin and let me up I would not have had that revenge buildup and he may well still have beaten me. The thing is if you use crowd control moves in a 1v1 fight (and I deliberately don't use duel, there is a very specific place for 1v1s and people can go there if they don't like others not letting them have it elsewhere) then the measures to crowd control will also apply.

If he had treated it like a 1v1 fight rather than using stuff more suited for xvx I wouldn't have had my xvx boost and that mindset is very one sided, how dare you do xvx stuff to counter my xvx play.

SenBotsu893
07-09-2018, 07:04 PM
most people that complain about revenge activation in 4v4 modes while facing a single enemy are the ones that heavily use bashes.

if you just use easy peasy bashy squeesy then dont cry if you trigger revenge faster than normal.

bananaflow2017
07-10-2018, 07:52 AM
most people that complain about revenge activation in 4v4 modes while facing a single enemy are the ones that heavily use bashes.

if you just use easy peasy bashy squeesy then dont cry if you trigger revenge faster than normal.

The problem is the revenge build. Just played against a noobu with my valk and it really feels like I give her 4 or 5 hits or 2 combos, then her revenge gets up and gg...

IAmOddGirl
07-11-2018, 03:32 AM
When they pop revenge go Full 100% turtle. Blocks, and Parry the unblockables. Do not swing or dodge. Dodging is good I know but you have more of a chance of getting Guardbroke after and you of course can't counter it if you just dodged. Just turtle. When it where's off then finish the fight.

Legion25846
07-11-2018, 03:05 PM
I made a post on this a while ago Revenge ruins this game i understand why its there but its ****ing stupid

It should not exist in 1v1 or 2v2

CandleInTheDark
07-11-2018, 03:19 PM
I made a post on this a while ago Revenge ruins this game i understand why its there but its ****ing stupid

It should not exist in 1v1 or 2v2

If people use crowd control 1v1 then revenge is also a thing in 1v1 as long as it is there.

I don't particularly like revenge, but when a centurion doesn't use his floor stab that would give me space to ride out being out of stamina just so he can get a heavy then gb and throw me to the floor again for another, if it is something available to me then yeah I am using it.

We.the.North
07-11-2018, 04:13 PM
The problem is the revenge build.

This. When you use no bash and your opponent pops revenge in 1v1 simply because he blocked 2-3 hits, it's dumb.

Legion25846
07-11-2018, 05:57 PM
If people use crowd control 1v1 then revenge is also a thing in 1v1 as long as it is there.

I don't particularly like revenge, but when a centurion doesn't use his floor stab that would give me space to ride out being out of stamina just so he can get a heavy then gb and throw me to the floor again for another, if it is something available to me then yeah I am using it.

I'm not blaming you for using it its at your disposal, i'm blaming Ubi for allowing it in 1v1 and 2v2.

We.the.North
07-11-2018, 08:42 PM

As said before, revenge is not the only problem, it's made worst by revenge gear. Lawbringer with their massive 150 hp proc revenge only by taking hits and blocking 2-3 hits. You can't 1v1 a lawbringer in revenge gear without procing his revenge.

Now, imagine if like me you play a Shinobi. Sometime, you'll want to gank and throw a ranged GB from the side. That single ranged GB being an "external attack" will feed so much revenge, often my opponent will get rewarded his revenge activation and I'll have to cancel my sickle rain and roll away. In other words, I outplay my opponent by throwing a GB in his recovery frames (thus, un-counterable), but I'm still the one getting punished for it.

Revenge. Should. Not. Exist. Period.

If you are worried about deathballs in Dominion :
a) Map bigger maps
b) Make boosting worth a damn
c) Make killing minions worth more points
d) Reduce greatly the amount of renown gained from kills
e) Improved the renown gain from "defending / capturing zones".

That way, running a deathball might get you more kills, but you'll lose the game because of points.

KSI_TheMadKing
07-11-2018, 08:59 PM
If you want revenge removed from 1v1, stop making it a necessity. Stop using the tactics that fuel revenge. If you can only win by spamming kicks, headbutts, GBs, sweeps and similar moves you are the reason we still need revenge when fighting 1v1. If you start playing smarter the enemy will never get revenge to begin with, thus eliminating it from the fight.

That's just some dumb logic right there... some heros cant deal damage without and some are apart of a chain. The only way a lb and warlord can open turtles is with his shove, valks sweep us part of her chain, the conk cant cancel heavys the only think he can do is soft faint them into a shield bash. They shouldn't be punished for using there kit to the full advantage.

Maxime_Qc-
07-12-2018, 01:20 AM
When i say that there are numerous good proposion on this forum... that are ALL getting ignored for YEARS...

Here's one !