PDA

View Full Version : 1 question only regarding skins

Triggerappy
06-13-2005, 02:10 PM
how the hell do i make them work?
i have il2 forgotten battles no other addons included.. and am trying to put on the following p38 lightning, mk1 spitfire and finally a p51 mustang. all of which are from the flying heroes (or something) site ... i am trying to use other skins but those are the main ones..
so
any help appreciated!.

Trigger Appy

Triggerappy
06-13-2005, 02:10 PM
how the hell do i make them work?
i have il2 forgotten battles no other addons included.. and am trying to put on the following p38 lightning, mk1 spitfire and finally a p51 mustang. all of which are from the flying heroes (or something) site ... i am trying to use other skins but those are the main ones..
so
any help appreciated!.

Trigger Appy

Cajun76
06-13-2005, 02:44 PM
Skins are merely paint schemes. If you don't have the a/c in question, then they won't work. They only change the appearance on aircraft you already have, they are made for either a family of a/c, or are for just one version of an a/c, depending on variations in families and the technique of the skinner.

To use a skin for an a/c you have, merely put it in the applicable folder, ie

F:\IL2FB\PaintSchemes\Skins

for my rig. Open a folder and paste it.

New a/c are added through updates, patches and addons, not CFS style. Keeps everyone on a more even playing field and helps keep the quality high. The vast majority I would say likes this, and so do I. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif Hope this helps, good luck and