PDA

View Full Version : Why Some Light Attacks are Easy to Parry, and Some are Not

Archo-Vax
07-05-2018, 11:38 PM
It has less to do with the speed of any given attack and more to do with how the attack is animated.

Or, more precisely, how it is telegraphed.

On console, a Raider's Light Attacks are very difficult to Parry, while their Stunning Tap is very easy to Parry. Both attacks are relatively quick and of the same speed, it is just that the Stunning Tap is choreographed in such a way that it is easier to react to. A Raider doing a Light Attack barely moves their body, in terms of the animation, making it difficult to Parry.

This is why Centurion, Nobushi, and Valkyrie's Light Attacks are laughably easy to Parry, while Aramusha's aren't. It would be more realistic to have none of the in-game attacks be as telegraphed as they are, but it realism certainly hasn't been a concern before or since.

HazelrahFirefly
07-05-2018, 11:44 PM
While I agree with you, it is also a subjective matter. The only lights I have trouble parrying are the Aramusha's. I literally can't see his attacks, I just get hit and die and turn the game off haha.

All other heroes, even Berserker feints, seem fair for my vision.

Knight_Raime
07-05-2018, 11:46 PM
yeah i've always argued that telegraphing is important when it comes to parrying along side attack speed.
But, at least for the really good players telegraphing has less impact on their play because indicators are a thing.
If we were in a standard fighting game how telegraphed something is would play a much bigger factor. Then again in those games attacks are much quicker as well.

ChampionRuby50g
07-05-2018, 11:52 PM
This is so true. I always hate it when the statman comes in and says but itís 500ms-400ms attack speed and acts like thatís the end of it. A 400ms stabbing motion light attack is a lot harder to read than a same speed attack that involves an arm swing. (Just an example, but you should get my point)

Archo-Vax
07-06-2018, 07:43 PM
This is so true. I always hate it when the statman comes in and says but it’s 500ms-400ms attack speed and acts like that’s the end of it. A 400ms stabbing motion light attack is a lot harder to read than a same speed attack that involves an arm swing. (Just an example, but you should get my point)

I hate those people, too.

Erhanninja
07-08-2018, 12:20 AM
Very good points. I agree

That_guy44
07-08-2018, 03:14 AM
Wholeheartedly agree. Warlord and peacekeepers' zone always catch me because of the back handed arm movement. I see their arm move left and always put my guard opposite lol.

Baturai
07-08-2018, 03:29 AM
Aswell as Shukogi and Warlord Lights... seems impossible to Parry :/