PDA

View Full Version : How do you get your steering wheel and controller to work at the same time?

Golden Shogun
07-05-2018, 12:31 PM
Hi everyone. So currently I'm using a Thrustmaster TX which is on the supported list of wheels for the Xbox One. The wheel itself works fine, but an big inconvenience for me is that I'm unable to seamlessly switch to my controller when I want to, especially when I want to switch to my plane. None of the buttons do anything in-game. I only achieved this once during beta, but I didn't understand how it happened and I'm unable to reproduce it now. If I press to start on the very first screen booting the game on either the gamepad or steering wheel, it'll only allow me to use the respective controller I pressed to start with for the game. After that, I would have to turn off one controller if I want to use the other and it's a bit of a hassle.

For those of you who got both working simultaneously on the Xbox One, what do you do to get it working every time?

Ubi-Baron
07-07-2018, 11:05 AM
Hi Golden Shogun

How are the controller/wheel connecting to the console? Is it through wired connections or wireless? If possible try connecting them both directly plugged into the console, if you aren't already.

Thank you

Acksioss
07-08-2018, 09:02 AM
Hi,

I plug in both my tx wheel and controller with wired connections into my xbox one x. I start up crew2 with my wheel, but then only the wheel works and not the controller. Hope this feedback helps!

Ubi-Baron
07-08-2018, 10:21 AM
Thanks for providing that information.

We've had reports of this happening with another wheel, so I've let the team know it's being see with the Thrustmaster TX as well.

TEFRE
07-08-2018, 07:22 PM
Same problem with Logitech G920

RR REDNECK BEEF
07-10-2018, 12:32 AM
My tx 458 wheel and controller work at the same time BUT the wheel refuses to auto center in game but if i go to the dashborad then it auto centers like its supposed to. Its impossible to use a wheel that wont auto center.

Danlance
07-23-2018, 12:48 PM
I can confirm this is an issue, not just with a wheel (Thrustmaster TX) but also with other peripherals (Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas One), both off which are offically supported (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/000035170/Supported-controllers-for-the-The-Crew-2-TC2/)

Tried loading with both connected, and logged in - and indeed it appears like there is some communication between the game and the wheel, as the wheel auto-centred as the game loaded... but the game did not react to any input through the wheel.

This effectively makes the game unplayable with anything other than the controller, as while the game drives well on wheel, and the planes especially are much more responsive on the Hotas, neither is useable for controlling the other (plane with wheel, car with hotas).

newguyin818
08-27-2018, 09:46 PM
Hey Danlance so did I ever find out how to make to wheel & controller to work together cause I would like to know how to set it up .thx