PDA

View Full Version : Isnt Gladiator just Op ?

Baturai
07-05-2018, 06:40 AM
Especially after Standartised Dodge recovery ?
his Zone ( Ultra Safe)
Range Tracks Lightning Lights Toe stap
and Stamina Drain with Blind Effect.
i think Glad is one of the most overlooked Hero...with serious balance Problems.
The way he Looks Ugly ( my opinion) wont change the fact that he Is op.

Nerf pls.

Darkmight_cz
07-05-2018, 07:32 AM
his Zone ( Ultra Safe)
i think Glad is one of the most overlooked Hero...with serious balance Problems.

Nerf pls.

I don't have much problems with gladiator much worse are orochi, zerk, or good conq. Also this char is very boring to play just stab,
zone, stab, toe stab etc just my opinion. I agree his zone should be toned down or reworked coz its extremely safe move. Very often you can see glad players using mostly zone + some stabs they don't even bother using some mixups.

ChampionRuby50g
07-05-2018, 07:37 AM
Inb4 “glads got one of the lowest winrates, the stats are law”

Charmzzz
07-05-2018, 08:00 AM
Inb4 “glads got one of the lowest winrates, the stats are law”

I wanted to pull that card, but I don't have to anymore.

He has SO many downsides:
- 500ms guard time
- dodge attacks are unsafe ON BLOCK (free GB)
- predictable Toe Stab. Dodge it for another free GB
- Zone can be dodged and punished by a parry, if Glad feints the followup hit he lost half his stamina for nothing -> attack him cause he is very weak in defending
- 600ms chained Lights
- Hyperarmor will totally screw him in his chains

There is a reason why Glad had the lowest Winrates in S4 and S5 (even worse than Valk).

@Baturai: You play on PC - Europe? I did this before, you can pick Gladiator, I pick Warden / PK / Zerker / Gladiator. Show me how OP Glad is.

Siegfried-Z
07-05-2018, 09:18 AM
his Zone ( Ultra Safe)

Nerf pls.

How can you say that.. did you try glad ?
He has so many weak points like others says already..
The second light is always parried. .
The toe stab is often dodge
The unblocable has a very bad range and predictable mix up
His guard is very very Tight !
Dodges are free gb on block :/
While punches drain stam and blind they dont guarantee any hits after

His only real strong points are his zone and his OOS pressure so let him these please XD

ChampionRuby50g
07-05-2018, 09:30 AM
Why are you telling me things I already know? Could you stop it?

DrinkinMyStella
07-05-2018, 09:34 AM
he needs some soft feint attacks and that will massively help him.

SpaceJim12
07-05-2018, 10:14 AM
This OP not OP threads are definitely caused by the lack of information.
When I found a time to try almost every hero in the list, I understood many things.=)
Try play as Gladiator and you will see, that he have almost nothing. In 4v4 he could be helpful, but in duels...

Siegfried-Z
07-05-2018, 10:37 AM
he is incredibly fast and can become virtually impossible to block/predict due to the numerous feints and moves he possesses; while Centurion has massive punishes all from one parry or GB.

Incredibly fast ?? Not faster than most of the Char ..

TheRealSwol
07-05-2018, 11:53 AM
He's not Op at all, he has too many downsides like his unsafe dodge attacks on block, his feints cost too much stamina or his guard which is the worst of the game.
He needs a buff more than a nerf

teddy0teddy
07-05-2018, 12:12 PM
I would not say that he needs a buff as in buff. I would say he needs more of a balance change, nerf a strong point, buff a weak point.
In my opinion he is one of the best characters designed in the game. It is just the balancing that they got a bit off, but again. He is strong, but not too strong.

Armosias
07-05-2018, 12:21 PM
I think glad is one of those chars who makes you feel powerless. Making feel he is OP and have no weaknesses. I feel like this often when fighting him, but once you get used to his moves je becomes much less fearfull, kinda like cent but on his mixup abilities instead of his punishes

I-ModernSpartan
07-05-2018, 01:21 PM
Glad isn't op, you just need to learn how to play against him.
His lights are fast but they are absolutely blockable and a lot of people can party them.
Toe stab? It's more of an agrovation tool.
You can dodge it and I'm telling you that as a Glad player and as someone who fought many Glads, if you really concentrate he won't be able to knock you down when you are out of stamina.
Skewer punch? It just causes stun... you should be able to play a few seconds without the guard display.
His zone is safe but you can dodge it and then it quite easy to party the attack if he doesn't faint it.
He is indeed strong when you are out of stamine because he can feint his unblockable and then tie stab and get a heavy and do it again (or just fainting to make you to throw a heavy and then parry).
Overall his is strong but not OP.

Hormly
07-05-2018, 03:16 PM
His zone certainly is

And the undodgable toe stab after block against static guard characters is a bug that needs to be adressed

David_gorda
07-05-2018, 03:23 PM
One Of the best classes i used in 1vs1, his zone is one Of safest moves in the Game and so is his toestab. As long as you are not to predictble with him his easy to win with. Best stamina in the Game to if i am not mistaken.

SpaceJim12
07-05-2018, 04:31 PM
One Of the best classes i used in 1vs1, his zone is one Of safest moves in the Game and so is his toestab. As long as you are not to predictble with him his easy to win with. Best stamina in the Game to if i am not mistaken.

Really? Let me ask you what overall rep you have?

MumfordDaHound
07-05-2018, 04:57 PM
I think the key to his zone is to keep out of range of the unblockable part (probably little easier said then done). Spacing is super important, if he whiffs the first part you can react to the actual dmg part.

David_gorda
07-05-2018, 05:45 PM
Really? Let me ask you what overall rep you have? about 150.

Tyrjo
07-05-2018, 05:53 PM
Up his reflex guard a little bit. Remove the GB punish on blocked dodge attacks. Fixed.

David_gorda
07-05-2018, 05:58 PM
Up his reflex guard a little bit. Remove the GB punish on blocked dodge attacks. Fixed.
Pretty much, he is good but not op, shouldnt get GB punished by blocked stacked and his reflex guard sucks.

Knight_Raime
07-05-2018, 09:21 PM
Nope. In fact he's only S tier in duels due to his zone. Without it he'd be A tier.

Toe stab can't be used often because dodging it gives a free GB for everyone. This was true even before standard dodge recovery happened.
His combos are useless because any light after the first is effectively 600ms.
His dash lights give a free GB to all when blocked.
His bashes don't give any confirmable damage.
skewer has no tracking and is easy to tell when it's going to fly.
His guard decay is also the fastest. so blocking is insanely difficult for him.

All he has going for him is his relatively safe heavies and his zone.

LEGENDz_31
07-06-2018, 05:15 PM
his Zone ( Ultra Safe)

Nerf pls.

I really don’t think he is op. I do think something should happen to his zone but conc zone is just as bad. Nothing should do damage and make a forcefield around yourself.

Kryltic
07-07-2018, 08:04 PM
Increase his guard decay to match the Shinobi.

Speed up some of his higher chained attacks, like the third and forth (I've almost never gone beyond a second hit in a chain).

Slightly better recoveries eg blocked dodge attacks don't give free GB.