PDA

View Full Version : Trigger happy AAA

XyZspineZyX
10-29-2003, 10:21 PM
Does anybody know why the Russian AAA gunners would be shooting at their own planes with no enemy for miles around? This happens over Leningrad with me flying a Mig. Is this a historical thing that AAA gunners were "trigger Happy"? Things that make you go....HMMMMMMMMM???

He who has the height controls the battle.
He who has the sun achieves surprise.
He who gets in close shoots them down.
Anonymous

XyZspineZyX
10-29-2003, 10:21 PM
Does anybody know why the Russian AAA gunners would be shooting at their own planes with no enemy for miles around? This happens over Leningrad with me flying a Mig. Is this a historical thing that AAA gunners were "trigger Happy"? Things that make you go....HMMMMMMMMM???

He who has the height controls the battle.
He who has the sun achieves surprise.
He who gets in close shoots them down.
Anonymous

XyZspineZyX
10-30-2003, 02:47 AM
they also go nuts if land on the ground. Better have a town between your grounded plane and the enemy airbase!

<center>http://mywebpage.netscape.com/Tgan92/Sturmosig.gif </center>

XyZspineZyX
10-30-2003, 02:49 AM
It happened an awful lot in WW2, on all sides.

Heck, even today AA defenses engage and destroy friendlies.

Look at what happened with the Tornado and the Patriot in the last outing in the Gulf /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

"As weaponry, both were good, but in far different ways from each other. In a nutshell, I describe it this way: if the FW 190 was a sabre, the 109 was a florett, or foil, like that used in the precision art of fencing." - Gunther Rall