PDA

View Full Version : Shinobi's backflip

PepsiBeastin
07-03-2018, 11:52 PM
It shouldn't make you immune to damage or even have hyperarmor, but it should break tracking of moves thrown at you. At the moment, characters will slide through the entire flip to track a backflip with a normal thrown heavy.

All spacing moves in general should be immune to tracking, such as nobushi's swift retreat or whatever. I've heard complaints that aramusha's lights will just track a nobushi through the retreat.

ArmoredChocobo
07-04-2018, 01:17 AM
I hate that, a good player would lolnope my backflips with simple attacks.

What’s the point of a “long-range” character that can’t get into range.

Not that Shinobi doesn’t get punished super-hard if someone parries or CGBs his ranged option.

Imagine the outcry if Shaman landed flat on her face due a missed bite, or Centurions reeled and fell over if their punch missed and they laid there going “please punish me daddy”.

Hormly
07-04-2018, 01:40 AM

Not that Shinobi doesn’t get punished super-hard if someone parries or CGBs his ranged option.

Imagine the outcry if Shaman landed flat on her face due a missed bite, or Centurions reeled and fell over if their punch missed and they laid there going “please punish me daddy”.

I like those ideas 😊 also charging moves should send people off cliffs if dodged 😂

AurumWeaver
07-04-2018, 07:52 AM
To be fair, Centurions would definitely deserve a couple b**chslaps for ganging up and spamming their way to dominion victory, God, so many Centurions.

Also, I can confirm that I've been savagely murdered by Aramushas while retreating a couple times with many characters, so that's really a thing. Although their Spammy McSpamface gameplay makes that hard to change efficiently for the devs.

DrinkinMyStella
07-04-2018, 09:56 AM
shinobi is not that great and I think he should have HA on his back flip and double dodge because thats all he has. every hero should have some HA and thats his.

We.the.North
07-04-2018, 04:36 PM
It shouldn't make you immune to damage or even have hyperarmor, but it should break tracking of moves thrown at you.

I agree 50% with that. Animation wise, I dont think Ubisoft can queue the "stagger animation" in the middle of a "backflip". I'm sure this is why backflip has hyperarmor.

Right now, the only use of backflip is to trade. When your opponent launch an attack eaten by your hyperarmor, you'll often get a guaranteed ranged GB out of it ... The key word is OFTEN, some of the classes have super weird combo timing that will make your ranged GB whiff and the Shinobi will get very punished for it.

This is yet another common case of "a game mechanic cheating the player". You think you can do something and nope, you get punished for it. Just like outplaying your opponent into a guaranteed ranged GB that activates his revenge and as you input your sickle rain, you get knockdown for outplaying your opponent.

TLDR : Have backflip interrupt the zooming / tracking of the opponent's attack. It fixes a lot of confusion from Shinobi players.

Bjorn_Russ
07-04-2018, 11:29 PM

To be fair, you do know Centurions miss recovery on the punch is high enough for them to be punished right? I mean I'm right there with you on shaman, but tbh shinobi is in a way better state then centurion atm.

And to be quite frank, with all the other tools at a shinobis disposal is it really that big of a deal about the backflip? If you know how to play him you can pretty much pick anyone off staying out of their range while whittling them down due to your kicks, double and quad dashes, etc. While I do sympathize a little bit, as a player who really wants to love the centurion in a non ganking situation I hardly say shinobi is in a worse place atm.