PDA

View Full Version : My top three things that need to happen to make For Honor better.

Baggin_
07-01-2018, 10:57 PM
Number 1: Single pick. We're getting enough characters with the new faction coming in that single pick needs to be a thing. Nobody wants to fight 2 of any one character, it's lame. (Breach better be single pick or i'm going to cry)

Number 2: Stunlock. We all know this feeling of hopelessness. Ah yes, it's not bad enough being on the lesser end of a 2/3/4v1 but lets just add in some good old stunlock so everyone can just mindlessly beat on you. If you get hit by a stunlock move it's going to be instakill for you no matter what.
So why not make it better?
How? Easy fix. Give it all the same property as Shamans'. If a third party hits you while in the stunlock, it knocks you out of it. The only exception to this would be Shugoki while his super armor is up. If it's not, it knocks you out of it. Combine that with being able to get out of one with revenge and TaDa! It's fixed. Will also Fix how bad "Deathballing" is too. Since stunlock is most common way people die in ganks.

Number 3: Catapults and other AOE feats being way too strong. This has been complained about over and over again. I still don't know why it hasn't been fixed yet. There is no way that the devs don't know that it ruins their game. I mean I've never heard somebody say that they like having them while being serious.
So why not finally fix it?
How? Easy, two options here. Either adjust the damage to half of what they do now. Or give them full friendly fire damage. I prefer the former due to greifing, but it still would be better than just giving free brainless kills (usually at the end, when it's about to be a close and epic finish) that ruin a matches.

These are all great ideas that really need to be implemented for the health of the game.
If there is anything to add feel free. Hopefully this thread won't fall on deaf ears (or blind eyes).

We.the.North
07-01-2018, 11:38 PM
#4 : Permanent Realistic Mode. Those god damn pixel bot cheaters are everywhere at high elo on PC.

UbiInsulin
07-02-2018, 01:22 AM
Thanks for these, Baggin_. I can say that we bring up the issue of AoE feats on a regular basis.

Single pick is a suggestion we've sent to the team previously. I think there's pros and cons to it, as people who strongly want to stick with their mains (or even just to improve with a specific character) might find it frustrating on occasion. Still worth having a discussion about though!

E1seNw0Lf
07-02-2018, 01:36 AM
Regarding Single Pick:
I see the idea behind it, but don't like it. I like to play the character I like to play and would quit a match if I wouldn't be able to.
BUT - this could be the moment to think about to select your character BEFORE matchmaking starts and join a match with other players of different characters.

Baggin_
07-02-2018, 02:38 AM
this could be the moment to think about to select your character BEFORE matchmaking starts and join a match with other players of different characters.
It would be a very good idea to have this implemented. Matches may take a little bit longer to find this way, but I would be ok with it. You could also pick your top two mains before hand For speed purposes. If the matchmaking can't find a game with your primary available then it searches for your secondary.

Halvtand
07-02-2018, 12:34 PM
Single pick:
I’ve pretty much always been an advocate for single-picking (although I don’t believe I’ve replied to a thread about it before) in this game. It all started long ago when I as a lonely Conqueror would guard my zone against wave after wave of people using their character’s cheesiest moves. Getting double-teamed by Valkyries who will sweep every chance they get? The Shugoki twins? How about a full (release) Centurion team?
While some people only wants to play a single character and will (or at least say they will) quit the match unless they can play that character I really think it would be a good move for the game. It would mean that teams had to find some kind of synergy between the characters hey pick to get better results. All in all a good move.
If it should be coupled with picking character before entering the queue I don’t know. It seems like a lot of work for something that will piss many people off.

GB/throw stunlock:
I all in with you on this one. One of the worst things in this game is getting a life-saving revenge right when you’re hit with one of these locking moves and not being able to get out of it despite taking heavy hits from anyone nearby so you die.
It also makes sense to make Shugoki’s armour an exception to the rule, it is an important part of the character after all.
An alternative solution could be to greatly minimise the incoming damage when you are locked in such a move. I’m talking about a pretty severe reduction that basically have you down to block damage, but it still lets you build full revenge from the hits.

Damage of AoE feats:
Like you I am annoyed at these feats. Everything from how hard they can be to avoid if you play the wrong character or don’t jump away as soon as the attacker starts moving his arm to how much damage it does to the enemy contra how little it does to the friendlies.
My basic stance on the issue is that these ranged damage-dealing feats should not exist. If they must exist they should do no more damage than a good heavy attack.
Why? Because if you’re developing a melee-ranged fighting game centred around close quarter combat and then have the best attacks in the game be long-ranged instant kills I think you’re kind of lying to your players.
If we must have this kind of feats I believe that ranged attacks such as bows, crossbows and spears should do about 30 dmg. This is about a heavy attack’s worth of damage. It’s a good way to get a fight started with a bit of an advantage, a nice added bonus to throw into a gank or a good way to finish someone off if they decide to run away. It won’t be something that takes away an unreasonable amount of health and basically means you’ll win easily.
The bigger insta-killers (catapults and spear-rain mainly) should do about 90 dmg to anyone hit. This is equivalent to a really effective unblockable heavy. This will kill people but requires that they’ve taken some damage already and they can be negated completely by popping revenge before they hit. This puts the focus back on the melee fighting where it should be.

Fairemont
07-02-2018, 06:52 PM
Regarding Single Pick:
I see the idea behind it, but don't like it. I like to play the character I like to play and would quit a match if I wouldn't be able to.
BUT - this could be the moment to think about to select your character BEFORE matchmaking starts and join a match with other players of different characters.

According to the folks around here they can't do that because of the way the game is set up.

Tyrjo
07-02-2018, 08:18 PM
The best way to introduce single pick is to buff the rewards for Ranked Dominion. 100 steel for a game and double the XP gain. Rewards based on rank after season end. Thank you.

Then the one trick ponys can stay in unranked Dominion if they want to.

DrinkinMyStella
07-03-2018, 10:57 AM
never make it single pick, just make a hardcore style game mode with single pick.