PDA

View Full Version : Why I can't be bothered to play this game anymore

Fehs_
07-01-2018, 02:57 PM
Alright so I'm new to this game, I've saw things on reddit and youtube and thought it looked really fun to play, the combat looked engaging and the heroes were interesting. I saw that it was free to download over E3 and thought that I would give it a try. I really liked the look of the Nobushi and thought that I would try her out once I had completed the storyline. I really enjoyed the single player stuff, learning the combat techniques and combos was cool and challenging, gradually getting comfortable in a playstyle and still learning to adapt to enemy playstyles.

However, I'm done now. I'm not sure what it tells you about the game that I have quit within 10 hours of play but here are the issues that have killed For Honor for me. The game seems hellbent on making sure that I don't enjoy it anymore. The matchmaking is just ****. Why am I, a new player, being put up against really high level players with purple level gear, I'm constantly getting low level common gear. I feel like their is no point in trying to "get gud" because I'm being put with players that have over 100 hours on the game when I barely have 10.

The heroes that I have trouble with are the faster ones that seem to have crazy movesets that I just can't predict or do anything about. The Shinobi, Orochi and Shaman just seem dumb to me. They have faint attacks, crazy guard breaks, really quick fast attacks that do crazy damage and the ability to close distance really quickly. What am I, a fresh faced baby player supposed to do against a really good, high level Shinobi that knows how to counter or punish anything that I do, I don't feel like I can even learn how to deal with the crazy combos that these guys pull out of thin air. I'm starting to think that Ubisoft just prefer some heroes over others, almost like they like the really fast quick damaging characters over the others so they just shrug their shoulders and say "get gud".

I'm not sure if it's my connection or my mouse or just the game but the input delay is so so bad. I feel like a lot of the attacks that kill me or hit me I was blocking. For example, an enemy swings to my right, I move my mouse that way to block and the character just doesn't react or takes to long to react, I really have no idea what the issue is but it's getting really ****ing annoying knowing that I have reacted in time to block but the game doesn't recognise the input in time.

I have no solutions to these problems, I can only say that For Honor has lost another new player that was really excited to try this game out. The combination of absolutely terrible matchmaking, heroes that just seem either op or incredibly hard to deal with and the input delay has destroyed any hope that I had in enjoying this game any further. I'm sure the community on the most part is great and if anyone has any pointers or solutions to issues here please tell me because I'd like to give this game another try one day.

Alustar.
07-01-2018, 03:08 PM
if you are a fresh player, you HAVE to be aware that you will get put up against players that have at least a months time or more. Anymore than 4 months and they are developing a muscle memory that will make any fight that much more frustrating. What's important to remember is that you will need to practice quite a bit before you start to pick up on the more complex moves in the game. And yes, it's true, this game is not very nub friendly. But it doesn't take long before you start seeing a difference in your play. However, if you quit after just ten hours, you might want to think about it before you decide. Sometimes it's only going to get worse before it gets better.

CSaunders95
07-01-2018, 04:20 PM
First off get it out your head that gear makes much of a difference. A good player with common gear can still beat high geared players. Trust me, I play with a guy that plays every single character in the roster and because of that most of his gear is not maxed out and I can tell you know he can still obliterate most players.

Second,
I'm a rep 47 nobushi, mastering her hidden stance will help you a lot. As well as the fact with short ranged characters such as the berserker if you press dodge on a successful block and they're just going for light spam you get a free counter attack effectively because you retreat out of their range.

Also you literally just have to learn the characters, what combos most players do and then sort yourself out a moveset to counter said mixup.

For example, playing as a nobushi, the wardens shoulder bash 50/50, all you gotta do is hidden stance the shoulder bash and press guardbreak for a kick followed up by a light. If he cancels into a guardbreak, we'll done you've successfully counter guardbreaked while in hidden stance. Basically meaning his 50/50 is now 100% in you favour.

You've just gotta learn your opponents combo's and figure out your best outcome to counter with the character your using.

Hope that helps

Halvtand
07-01-2018, 04:34 PM
Getting into the PVP of this game sure is an uphill battle.
My advice is first of all to go through the entire tutorial. It will teach you the basics. Second is of course to take in the "how to fight"-material for your chosen hero. Next up, and i know this will suck, take a few matches against bots. This lets you practice the game's mechanics and your hero's combos in a more forgiving environment. After that I'd strongly recommend going into either duel or brawl just to practice your combos a bit more.

ViciousOphidian
07-01-2018, 08:39 PM
Matchmaking can be bad sometimes. Feelsbadman. Hopefully, with the player base slowly expanding, we will get more players of every skill level.
As others have stated, you have to learn all the characters' move sets. Knowing what the enemy can do is as important as knowing your own character, if not more so. You can do that by going in training mode and learning what they can do. You can use locked characters in training mode. You can also check guides on Youtube just make sure they are recent.
If you are getting mad, but would still like to play the game, i suggest playing against bots for a time. Maybe even go in Custom Match and play against lvl 3 BOTs.

In any case, even if you don't want to play anymore, at least you got the game for free so no harm done.

Fairemont
07-02-2018, 01:20 AM
These posts make me super sad.

Not because someone is complaining, or threatening to leave the game, but because they are not having fun with what is a really good game.

Some peeps here have mentioned that its not a noob friendly game. Its not, like, 98% of it is knowing moves, knowing combos, knowing punishes, being able to recognize what someone is throwing at you, and the likelihood of someone sticking with a feint over another. Knowing your character is half the battle, knowing the others is the other half and its a big half. Until you are familiar with the move set of your opponent and the moveset of your character, you're going to have a rough time. He who knows the most wins the most.

Rep doesn't necessarily mean much. It just means someone has played a long time. Chances are, someone with high rep is going to beat you but its mostly because they know everything about the characters. Probably. No guarantee. Some of them are just straight bad despite high play time, like myself. As the other say, gear stats are more intimidating than they are useful. Sure, they give the enemy a slight advantage, but that advantage won't make up for skill. It just means that two people of equal skill will have a slight variation. Can be the difference between leaving you with 5 hp and dead, but not a whole lot more.

Nobushi is not only one of the worst characters in the game, but also one of, if not the most difficult to play. I'd go with her being the most difficult to play well. She can stomp noobs like no tomorrow, but as soon as you get up against people who understand the basics of defense you're going to be in for a world of hurt. She is propped up purely on top of her hidden stance. It is her bread and butter and the most powerful defensive tool the game has to offer. It can also give her one of the best possible feint games... though it tends to just obliterate her stamina in exchange for getting one hit in. But that is what Nobushi does. Gets one hit in then goes back to defense.

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you, but its the sort of thing that 10 hours, especially in campaign, will not be enough to start getting good enough to be competitive, but when you get to that point, there is no more satisfying game.

So, I hope that you come back to it.

Mia.Nora
07-02-2018, 02:52 AM
There is only one problem with For Honor not being newbie friendly; Matchmaking system.

Not the complexity or comboes or anything else. It has absolutely have nothing to do with not having enough practice either. Because player who lack practice are supposed to practice by playing against others who also lack practice and gradually get better.

Look at LoL; I would say a gold rank player is pretty decent, but if I threw him into platinum league he would torn to pieces every game. For Honor has absolutely no matchmaking when it comes to ensuring a balanced match up.

Jazz117Volkov
07-02-2018, 06:39 AM
There's a pretty overt formula in the game: you get sh!t on if you lose; the cheesiest cheapest heroes sh!t on you the most.

It's a very uneven and grating experience, to be honest. You have to learn to tune it out and just enjoy the few good bits. A lot of dominion matches boil down to "who has their lvl4 feat first", or "who has the high rep Shaman". Like cent before her, shaman has managed to drive a lot of people out of the game, but because "the data" doesn't show all the raging and quitting whenever newer players have to face shaman's bleed bite heal loop or centurion's single mix-up guaranteed kill, this sh!t gets left in the game.

Or who knows, maybe Ubi want it this way for some experimental reason. I don't think it's an accident that the most toxic heroes have the most demoralizing executions. Ubisoft just hate the idea of new player liking their game, I think. Maybe For Honor is secretly made by the Dark Souls reddit.

Nestramutat
07-02-2018, 08:23 AM
The matchmaking does not work simply because there are no new players to pit you against.
Almost everyone playing this game is a veteran in one form or another, most new players, like you, quit after a few hours.
Yes, some heroes are absurdly broken compared to others.
All I can tell you is stick to it, practice a lot, lose, then practice some more. You will get roflstomped by deathballs, cheesed by shamans, hold my beer by highlanders and so on.
After a month or so of pain, you will enjoy the game or leave it.

SpaceJim12
07-02-2018, 10:44 AM
Well, I heard one of my friend in your post Fehs_. =)
He bought game four months ago, and stoped play 3 months and 15 days ago.
A lot people here, who give advices to newbie are just can't put themselfs on his place, I believe. So, I can't too. As many forum members, I played For Honor since beta. I play this game more than a year. Sure, I think it's simple and everything are easy to understand. But when I started teach my friend to play, I finally realized what a gulf separates us. No, I didn't say I'm pro or I try to put myself higher, than everyone else. But sometimes we just can't compared ourselfs with new players here. A simple example. We all (I hope) could walk, it's simple process to us, no specific minds required. We just stand up and walk. But when person, who never walk and want to try ask us, what he should do, we said something like "take your feet, put in on the ground and...walk". This won't help at all.=)
Now, returning to For Honor. We have soft feints, hard feints, mixups, UB, dodges, undodgeable attacks, parry, block, counter-attacks, stances, full block, superior block, a bunch of patterns to fight for every single hero and 18 heroes with almost compleatly different style of fight. If you think it's not hard to deal with, you wrong. It could take months to understand this game on average level. Now imagine months of loosing, hard work and practice, and you get game, which have no joy for 90% of players. And game become even more complicated after Marching Fire.
Unfortunatly, For Honor will never take a lot of new players. Even if devs give it for free, only 10% of all new players will stay. I said it, cause have ten friends, who tried to play For Honor on the second year of this game. And noone of them stayed.

SangLong524
07-02-2018, 11:18 AM
Well, I heard one of my friend in your post Fehs_. =)
He bought game four months ago, and stoped play 3 months and 15 days ago.
A lot people here, who give advices to newbie are just can't put themselfs on his place, I believe. So, I can't too. As many forum members, I played For Honor since beta. I play this game more than a year. Sure, I think it's simple and everything are easy to understand. But when I started teach my friend to play, I finally realized what a gulf separates us. No, I didn't say I'm pro or I try to put myself higher, than everyone else. But sometimes we just can't compared ourselfs with new players here. A simple example. We all (I hope) could walk, it's simple process to us, no specific minds required. We just stand up and walk. But when person, who never walk and want to try ask us, what he should do, we said something like "take your feet, put in on the ground and...walk". This won't help at all.=)
Now, returning to For Honor. We have soft feints, hard feints, mixups, UB, dodges, undodgeable attacks, parry, block, counter-attacks, stances, full block, superior block, a bunch of patterns to fight for every single hero and 18 heroes with almost compleatly different style of fight. If you think it's not hard to deal with, you wrong. It could take months to understand this game on average level. Now imagine months of loosing, hard work and practice, and you get game, which have no joy for 90% of players. And game become even more complicated after Marching Fire.
Unfortunatly, For Honor will never take a lot of new players. Even if devs give it for free, only 10% of all new players will stay. I said it, cause have ten friends, who tried to play For Honor on the second year of this game. And noone of them stayed.

interesting perspective. and it's reasonable to say that we can't put ourselves into newbies' shoes. But most of us try the best we can. Going along with your example, certainly we can't really teach people to walk, but we can give instructions, which is certainly with a mirage of flaws. In the end, whether that person can walk on his own or no, it depends on his own drive and effort.
Now, back to OP, quitting after 10 hours playing seem a bit excessive and a rash decision to me. i hope he reconsiders and play more after a sufficient cooldown. he will likely get used to every hero after awhile. things won't be so bad as OP makes it out to be.
when I play with other people, I look at their rep first, of course. People higher than me or close to me will certainly worth some wariness. That's all. Such caution will change as I observe every player in the enemy team. Always evaluate and reevaluate base on the player's behaviors, not some leaderboard or some weird number of attack speed people has been yowling about. Fools rush in, after all. Those represents the limitations, which i sincerely doubt random people we run into can achieve. I've been seeing people keep mentioning high play. Now where are those high players? nothing to comment? everyone talking about "high play" seem pretty insistent that he/she/it is a average player at best. I dont think we can actively squeeze every bit of pros/cons in combat application consistently. The way people complain, I have an impression that somehow, everyone they are up against is a PRO that exploit every little flaws in design and whatever. Funny the people I've run into so far have been a mixture range from canon fodder to executioners.

P/s: i'm trying to say that it's possible to enjoy the game both in PvP and PvAi without raging so bad. reps, hours played and other numbers are as intimidating as they are perceived. Morale is real thing. Op is new, he's gonna get stomped until he's so tough that actually hurt stompers' feet. it's a fact of life.

SpaceJim12
07-02-2018, 12:55 PM
interesting perspective. and it's reasonable to say that we can't put ourselves into newbies' shoes. But most of us try the best we can. Going along with your example, certainly we can't really teach people to walk, but we can give instructions, which is certainly with a mirage of flaws. In the end, whether that person can walk on his own or no, it depends on his own drive and effort.
Now, back to OP, quitting after 10 hours playing seem a bit excessive and a rash decision to me. i hope he reconsiders and play more after a sufficient cooldown. he will likely get used to every hero after awhile. things won't be so bad as OP makes it out to be.
when I play with other people, I look at their rep first, of course. People higher than me or close to me will certainly worth some wariness. That's all. Such caution will change as I observe every player in the enemy team. Always evaluate and reevaluate base on the player's behaviors, not some leaderboard or some weird number of attack speed people has been yowling about. Fools rush in, after all. Those represents the limitations, which i sincerely doubt random people we run into can achieve. I've been seeing people keep mentioning high play. Now where are those high players? nothing to comment? everyone talking about "high play" seem pretty insistent that he/she/it is a average player at best. I dont think we can actively squeeze every bit of pros/cons in combat application consistently. The way people complain, I have an impression that somehow, everyone they are up against is a PRO that exploit every little flaws in design and whatever. Funny the people I've run into so far have been a mixture range from canon fodder to executioners.

P/s: i'm trying to say that it's possible to enjoy the game both in PvP and PvAi without raging so bad. reps, hours played and other numbers are as intimidating as they are perceived. Morale is real thing. Op is new, he's gonna get stomped until he's so tough that actually hurt stompers' feet. it's a fact of life.

Sure, we can give an instructions. And I deffenetly think we could help newbie with all we have (in case if my prev post looks like I'm not=). But the real trouble here is what happend with rookie, while he try to walk. Once I played match with some new players (4 and 10 rep). And somehow, matchmaking put us against 200+ reps (and premade, as far as I could see). So, me 42 rep, my friend 40 rep and two guys with 4 and 10 rep. In any case when I meet someone new, I tone down my play, relax a little. Thouse guys with 200+ rep just use everything against them. Full deathballing, ultimate pressure in 1v1. And I remember how it feel, when you completly don't understand what's going on. And feel yourself compleatly helpless and useless. So, in case of For Honor everyone, who try to walk should understand one more thing. There are enough people who want to break your legs, while you trying. Here on forum I mostly see good guys, everyone try to help. Unfortunatly in game every second player will use newbie to affirm himself. And here on forum we see just 10% of new players, I believe. Most of them just drop game before even try to reach forums.
And about this 10 hours, well I can understand OP. I lost every single duel with bots on open beta. Even now I sometimes find myself in situations, where I can't do anything with guys, who just parry and block and dodge any attack and looks like always know what I will do next. So I had idea to quit really often in first 3 months. And question here is keep it as idea, or make it real action.

And sure, you could enjoy the game. It' cool and great medieval thing. But still most new people need to overcome huge wall before it. Huge wall of game itself, or huge wall of his own helpless feelings in 90% of situations.

CoyoteXStarrk
07-02-2018, 07:43 PM
1) Gear doesn't matter. A low level player will beat a high level player everytime if they are actually better. Gear helps, but will not give you any wins on its own.

2) Yes the matchmaking is garbage. Its been that way since launch.

3) The faster characters are BS and have been since launch. The light combo spam is the go to strategy for people who know they suck and can't actually play the game so you come across it quite often unfortunately. If you come across someone spamming lights just take solace in the fact that you are 10 hours in and already a better player than them.

Honestly I would recommend giving it a bit more time. Because in a few months when the new faction comes out there will be a massive influx of returning players who have been away for awhile. Then you will be the guy that has been playing for awhile and be the one stomping on noobs.

SpaceJim12
07-03-2018, 09:45 AM
Gear doesn't matter. A low level player will beat a high level player everytime if they are actually better. Gear helps, but will not give you any wins on its own.

Why everyone keep saying this? I mean, yes, it's not a major factor in win or loose, but when you have 180 Raider, who could take away 3/4 of your healthbar with a single zone is stupid, come on.
High gearscore players have better defensive and offensive stats, which mean that low or not gear score mean you will do less dmg and take more. But still people keep saying gear doesn't matter. What is wrong with you, guys?

Simple example. In season 1 I fight with a Warden (in elimination), who have 108 gear stats. And I just started with new char (can't remember who) and have 5 gear stats. And he kiled me again and again and spam "gg ez" in chat. Well, I noticed, that he have max gearscore, and he said "gear doesn't matter!" and removed it. Next round I beated him 3 times in a row. Without insane revenge gain, huge dmg etc he can't stand against me. Than he put gear back on, killed me, typed "See? Gear doesn't matter" and left the session. You one of this guys?

DrinkinMyStella
07-03-2018, 10:05 AM
unfortunately with for honor unless you played from the beginning then the learning curve to this day is extremely hard for new players, I mean even for most veterans players like me, I still struggle to keep up with the pace of light spam and to be honest you will need at least 100hrs min before your getting the hang of how all the heroes play and how to counter them and before your comfortable enough to fight at higher levels, with for honor it takes playing consistently and losing consistently before you start to grasp the hang of it. If I have more that 3 days off then my reaction are slower and I find it harder to react so consistency is key. Add some guys off here and team up thats the best way to speed up the learning curve.

Mia.Nora
07-03-2018, 10:38 AM
Why everyone keep saying this? I mean, yes, it's not a major factor in win or loose, but when you have 180 Raider, who could take away 3/4 of your healthbar with a single zone is stupid, come on.
High gearscore players have better defensive and offensive stats, which mean that low or not gear score mean you will do less dmg and take more. But still people keep saying gear doesn't matter. What is wrong with you, guys?

Simple example. In season 1 I fight with a Warden (in elimination), who have 108 gear stats. And I just started with new char (can't remember who) and have 5 gear stats. And he kiled me again and again and spam "gg ez" in chat. Well, I noticed, that he have max gearscore, and he said "gear doesn't matter!" and removed it. Next round I beated him 3 times in a row. Without insane revenge gain, huge dmg etc he can't stand against me. Than he put gear back on, killed me, typed "See? Gear doesn't matter" and left the session. You one of this guys?

'Gear doesn't matter' is a really stupid argument because it always has to be followed by 'if you play better than the geared player.'

It is stupid because due to simple virtue of practice, geared player vsing a newbie is also the better playing one. Not only veterans has more practice muscle memory and knowledge of mechanics and skill sets, but also the advantage of gear.

SpaceJim12
07-03-2018, 11:24 AM
'Gear doesn't matter' is a really stupid argument because it always has to be followed by 'if you play better than the geared player.'

It is stupid because due to simple virtue of practice, geared player vsing a newbie is also the better playing one. Not only veterans has more practice muscle memory and knowledge of mechanics and skill sets, but also the advantage of gear.

Well, this not only matter of skill anyway.
While I wait Marching Fire I start play on Nobushi. And I don't think I'm cool with her, but still I undarstand basics. But when I fight with 180 Shugoki, while have 20 myself, It must be perfect performance.=) Cause If I make even one mistake it could cost me almost entire health bar. Same with 180 Highlanders, etc. Yes, you deffenetly could win without gear, you could win 1v4, you could do anything. But I use "could" for a reason. There must be a lot of skill and luck to do this. And in case of gear, max gearscore gives you quite advantage against no gear character.

Knight_Raime
07-03-2018, 04:54 PM
I mean Not to make a judge of your character or anything but if you're throwing the towel in this early i'd say the issue more lies with you than with the game.
Gear is basically irrelevant outside of revenge based gear. It used to matter a lot more back in the day but when they revisited the gear stats and changed things around gear gave a lot less benefits.
Like grabbing a lot of attack isn't going to make you kill people in 3 hits.

There are no broken or unfair heros in the game. You're new. You don't have any muscle memory for any hero. Everything is going to be difficult. You need to put the time in in order to deal with people. Had you jumped into for honor in it's early days you wouldn't have to learn so much beyond holding a controller. Now you actually need to learn heros. I'd argue the game is still too simple.
I can't speak on mouse and keyboard. Everyone I know who plays this on console or pc sans like 3 people use a controller.

If you still feel this way after a solid month or 2 of playing often then sure. By all means duck out. But at this point you're too new. And thus can't give any accurate feedback.

Wondertainment
07-04-2018, 01:33 AM
Hey just so you know with all those people saying that matchmaking gets better the more you play... I currently have 50 hours in the game and can tell you

No it does not get any better

EvoX.
07-04-2018, 03:01 AM
These posts make me super sad.

Not because someone is complaining, or threatening to leave the game, but because they are not having fun with what is a really good game.

Some peeps here have mentioned that its not a noob friendly game. Its not, like, 98% of it is knowing moves, knowing combos, knowing punishes, being able to recognize what someone is throwing at you, and the likelihood of someone sticking with a feint over another. Knowing your character is half the battle, knowing the others is the other half and its a big half. Until you are familiar with the move set of your opponent and the moveset of your character, you're going to have a rough time. He who knows the most wins the most.

Rep doesn't necessarily mean much. It just means someone has played a long time. Chances are, someone with high rep is going to beat you but its mostly because they know everything about the characters. Probably. No guarantee. Some of them are just straight bad despite high play time, like myself. As the other say, gear stats are more intimidating than they are useful. Sure, they give the enemy a slight advantage, but that advantage won't make up for skill. It just means that two people of equal skill will have a slight variation. Can be the difference between leaving you with 5 hp and dead, but not a whole lot more.

Nobushi is not only one of the worst characters in the game, but also one of, if not the most difficult to play. I'd go with her being the most difficult to play well. She can stomp noobs like no tomorrow, but as soon as you get up against people who understand the basics of defense you're going to be in for a world of hurt. She is propped up purely on top of her hidden stance. It is her bread and butter and the most powerful defensive tool the game has to offer. It can also give her one of the best possible feint games... though it tends to just obliterate her stamina in exchange for getting one hit in. But that is what Nobushi does. Gets one hit in then goes back to defense.

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you, but its the sort of thing that 10 hours, especially in campaign, will not be enough to start getting good enough to be competitive, but when you get to that point, there is no more satisfying game.

So, I hope that you come back to it.

Great post, summed up my thoughts nicely.

SpaceJim12
07-04-2018, 10:27 AM
I mean Not to make a judge of your character or anything but if you're throwing the towel in this early i'd say the issue more lies with you than with the game..

I'd say it's half a game and half a person issue. As I metioned above, I have some friends, who tried For Honor. And I think this game is most uncomfortable and disappointing while you learning it.
And profit from your good attempts is so low. You have first 10-20 hours of play, where anyone crush you as baby. No matter playing vs AI or Players. Than you get used to game, bots become beatable opponents, but in PvP you mostly play role of punching bag and than you do couple good moves, even kill someone, and another 10 hours of punching bag role. Even we, people who play this game year and a half still could feel very frustrating about it. So why new players can't? They have way more harder conditions, than we.
I said it before E3 and I could say it now. The only way for For Honor to become more popular is become simplier. I put it on, that devs will make For Honor free to play. Well, they just gave game for free limited time. And even if 2-3 million players took their copy, I think 80% of them already stop playing.

Lord_Cherubi
07-04-2018, 12:13 PM
Yeah i don't think Nobushi is the best hero to go right from the beginning these days. I started out with her but that was in season 1 and because none of us really knew what we were doing, no knowledge just reactions and adapting in the process.

Matchmaking isn't good in this game but it's partly because of how tiny the player base has been and is as of now. Troughout my "career" in For Honor i've always had to play with and against players FAR more experienced than me but i chose to take it as a challenge and by giving it a lot of time and effort i slowly started to develop my game.

Of course i (just like you now) used to think that gear matters and believed they had a huge advantage over me but then i figured out that unless my opponent is rep100 or something i wouldn't noticr any difference (minus revenge gear).
Like other said it just comes down to developing a muscle memory and studying the moveset of both your hero and your opponent.

The training arena is a great tool for learning heroes and both basic and advanced gameplay mechanics. It won't teach you how to beat human players since the A.I doesn't think but just act by the script but there you can take your time to get comfortable with things. Of course you can achieve all of this in the PvP modes as well but it takes time and losing games simply because the lack of knowledge isn't very fun.

If you do decide to stay and still want to play Nobu, i'd suggest you absorb as much as you can from Nobu veterans both here in the forums and on Youtube. When mastered she is easily one of the strongest heroes in the game.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
07-07-2018, 01:49 AM
My small suggestion... If your new to for honor don't play at night. Like with most games the later it gets the more dedicated and tougher the player base. Matchmaking will break down on u. In any multi-player game it's just tougher at night, but for honor is less forgiving than other games.
Choose a character like the new orochi were u can spam and run away if they pop revenge. Nob is just to much work.

Join a for honor club and send a request for am experience player to help a noob. There are a ton a great players out there willing to help a noob in any game mode you want. My suggestion would be to practice with someone who is way out of your league while open mic coaching is going on. Hell switch to multiply heros while he stomps the ground with you.
Practice with dominion AI. Unless u are with an experience friends then regular dominion is fine.
If u get saltminers just agree with them that u suck and that u are new to 4 honor...they will more than likely leave you alone as u are no longer a threat or an achievement to their ego.