PDA

View Full Version : Lag switching not bad connection

RexXZ347
07-01-2018, 11:56 AM
After playing sometime. I am pretty sure that some people are not just having bad connection. I am sure that they are lag switching. How is this happening when we are already in a dedicated server?

Mia.Nora
07-01-2018, 12:09 PM
If we had true dedicated servers connectivity would not vary from game to game if we have stable connections. But with fibre direct connection my games vary quite a lot even consecutive ones. So I guess what we have is some kind of pseudo dedicated system that only handles host migration.

RexXZ347
07-01-2018, 12:36 PM
If we had true dedicated servers connectivity would not vary from game to game if we have stable connections. But with fibre direct connection my games vary quite a lot even consecutive ones. So I guess what we have is some kind of pseudo dedicated system that only handles host migration.

yeah. I have 100mbps optic fiber internet connection. I only have lags on for honor and not on many games. So i think my internet is not to blame. I can see that when i hit the enemy it first register as a hit but after 100ms it reverts back to show that it is a block or parry. I mean if it's a lag even if they are walking or running they should have shown they are moving back a bit but no. Only when they are attacking or being attacked.

Mia.Nora
07-01-2018, 01:48 PM
yeah. I have 100mbps optic fiber internet connection. I only have lags on for honor and not on many games. So i think my internet is not to blame. I can see that when i hit the enemy it first register as a hit but after 100ms it reverts back to show that it is a block or parry. I mean if it's a lag even if they are walking or running they should have shown they are moving back a bit but no. Only when they are attacking or being attacked.

I know what you mean, I have 200mbps fibre direct connection to PC. Latency highest showed so far 37. Yet gameplay is never consistent. I am pretty certain it has nothing to do with my connection since I play IJ2 and LoL on same connection with very high stability.