PDA

View Full Version : Fighting Centurion

Kagimizu
06-30-2018, 07:34 AM
Can I get some advice on how to fight the Centurion? Because to be perfectly and completely honest, after playing for a couple of weeks the Centurion still annoys the **** out of me.

The delayed timing on his unblockable heavies makes parrying them way more difficult, his combo strings feel like they offer no actual way to break them or retaliate, his stamina draining unblockables feel way too good for tracking and comboing into, and it just generally feels like if you make a single mistake the Centurion can punish you for more than half your health, with virtually no risk to himself.

I'm trying to avoid raging here and demanding Centurion nerfs (though I could certainly see a few being warranted), so I'd rather get some advice on how to actually fight and consistently beat enemy Centurions. Anyone willing to help out a relatively new player?

Cyroy95
06-30-2018, 01:29 PM
Step 1: Prevent him from getting close, his reach is amongst the shortest
Step 2: He lunges towards you to close the distance, try to parry this to punish him.
Step 3: He doesn't care as he is now close to you.
Step 4: Watch him delete your stamina bar without you pulling even a single move
Step 5: Get pushed into a corner and get beaten up.
Step 6: Lose.

:D

ChampionRuby50g
06-30-2018, 01:45 PM
Best advice I can offer is:

Donít try and parry Cent, just block his heavies. His lights arenít too difficult to parry once you learn the animation differences.
Use quick attacks (500ms or less) to stop his legions kick.
Pick up Cent yourself. Play with him to learn his weaknesses and strengths first hand, and youíll have a better idea of how to counter the hero as you play against other players, and see how they react to you.