PDA

View Full Version : My worry about the King in Breach

pzea_469
06-30-2018, 07:14 AM
I think Breach has a good shot of becoming the main mode of For Honor. It's a mode that fits very well in this game and the attack and defend objectives are much easier to understand than the Dominion point system with boosting renown gaining and all that for new players. The mode looks great too, but there is one that that has me really worried. The King...

SO, the mode is probably going to be fun no matter what, but whether it will be a good competitive mode is imo completely dependent on how they handle the King. If the King has any way of defending himself then I don't see this mode being anything more than some casual fun. Imagine swinging at the final objective with no respawns left only to be blocked or parried by this King, then losing the game. Even if the King himself doesn't attack, then certain hits could have won the game if the AI RNG didn't defend properly. Even if it doesn't defend itself, what will determine how it will move? Or will he remain in one spot the entire time? Then what about all the feats that players may have saved up right until the end? Is everyone going to use their tier 4 feat on the King at the end?

We still got testing to do to find out how things really are, but I'm already a bit worried about. I think it would be much better if the final objective was a lever or something that opened the final gate. It would take a bit of time to hold a button to open this gate and once it's open a cutscene shows your army running through the gate and storming the castle and you win. This would be good because it would be a consistent final objective that can easily be balanced by making the action take more or less time or making you spawn further or closer away from it. It will be immune to feats and so won't encourage saving up everything until the end. And zero RNG there.

Anyways, this is probably a bit premature but I figured I'd throw this out there.

LeviathanWard
06-30-2018, 09:10 AM
But at the same time, there is a merit to having the end boss be an incredibly powerful A.I. character. It makes it so that the enemy has to manage their Tickets throughout the whole match or else they're at a major disadvantage that they by all means should have avoided.

Plus there are ways to safely guarantee damage on the Lord, and that comes in the form of Ballistas that surround the arena, as well as your Minions who don't have tickets and deal 12 damage per attack. Defending the minions and letting them swarm the enemy Lord is also probably a good idea.

I hope that these have dissuaded your worries about the King in Breach.

Playing_Mantis
06-30-2018, 09:39 AM
Fighting a king!!!! How awesome man!!! don't replace it with a stupid boring lever!!!!!

JadeBosson.
07-02-2018, 09:36 AM
TBH with yall I think if the enemy team is full of knights the king is just be hit with 4 catapults and it GG lol not saying theres anything wrong with that but it's prob gonna happen