PDA

View Full Version : Anno 1404 profile download failed

mmeloney87
06-30-2018, 01:09 AM
So, I put my old profile from playing years ago into the profiles folder. Logged on and had my 240 out of 316 achievements! I was so happy to not have to start over. Was able to log in and do multiplayer earlier today. Now, when I go to get on DoD Venice it says download failed. Will not let me do a continuous game, load previously saved game or multiplayer. Please HELP!!! I really do not want to start over. I even have the old profile saved on flash drive, So I even deleted the one not working from profile folder and put the old on in again. Still says download failed. How did it work earlier just fine, but not now?

Cinien
07-07-2018, 08:56 PM
Same thing happened to me. Except I was able to load my online from years ago by logging in, directly in game, under profile management. Everything was there, achievements, gems, unlocks, ect, played just fine for a day. Tried to launch the game today. "Download failed" Nothing i do will work. Even tried installing on a different machine. This time when I try to log in, it says, No additional profiles found. I submitted a ticket in hopes there is a solution.

Ubi-O5
07-10-2018, 09:48 PM
Hey folks,
we're aware that some of you are having that issue right now, that the download or creating of a profile can fail for some users.
We've been investigating this but i haven't gotten any more info yet from our tech-teams. I'll keep you posted.

Sting_McRay
07-10-2018, 09:54 PM
Hayas Folks,

here the same, for the last 3 weeks now, hope this issue will be fixed soon.... else it has no sense to play for achievements yet....

Dzharek
07-13-2018, 09:18 PM
Same here, except i could play the last week when i reinstalled my copy from GoG and downloaded my old Profile, and today suddenly the download fails for my profiles.

Ubi-O5
07-22-2018, 11:08 AM
Hey all,
i unfortunately don't have any news as of now. I've been talking to our Tech team regularly about this but unfortunately can't provide an update as of now.

ChiefGoFor
07-27-2018, 01:14 PM
Hello. Is there an update on this? Thank you.

Ubi-O5
08-01-2018, 02:10 PM
Hello. Is there an update on this? Thank you.
Yes, tonight we implemented a fix t hat should resolve the downloading issue.
We're still investigating whats going on with the creation of new profiles.

Ubi-O5
08-02-2018, 08:02 PM
Another workaround that we've found works for some players can be found here under "Login or Profile Problems": https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=733691577
(Thanks to dP.Candyflip for the link)

Ubi-O5
08-06-2018, 12:46 PM
Yes, tonight we implemented a fix t hat should resolve the downloading issue.
We're still investigating whats going on with the creation of new profiles.
I have to correct myself here. Just had a long talk with CS and Tech. The fix we implemented was for a different issue that shares the same error message with what some of you folks experience. The known variant only occurs if your online profile is damaged, which is not the case this time, as far as we can tell.
We're still looking into it, and sorry for the confusion.

Sting_McRay
08-08-2018, 09:25 AM
@Chris | Ubi-O5 , as i promised i would check the download after backup of the online profile, this is what i get after trying to downloading:
https://image.prntscr.com/image/1hM2qQ_WQs2WN-KAyNpAZQ.jpg
https://prntscr.com/kg2rhu

Ubi-O5
08-08-2018, 04:00 PM
On the general issue, we applied a fix to resolve that new occurrence of "Profile Download Failed" error which should let anyone who has this particular error play again without the error appearing again. Now, it still IS possible that you receive this error message because of the older known error message. This means that your profile is damaged but that is something our CS has the tools to help with. Please check our article here (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Faqs/000015690/Download-Failed-or-problems-downloading-your-profile-1364550479798) and follow it's steps when you open a ticket with support so they can look into and resolve it.

@Sting: I do recommend reaching out with that to Support as they will be able to check that out including the steps i just listed.

Sorry everyone that this took a while and thank you all for your patience.

Alexisfr52
08-10-2018, 05:36 PM
It's repaired now! Thanks

dmdilks
08-10-2018, 06:51 PM
It's repaired now! Thanks

It is nice it is fix again !!! For now it is but how long before it is broken again. You can see how long I have been here. We have had problems with this from day one. That is why I have never use a online account. Because people have lost so much with the online account.