PDA

View Full Version : After reaching Icon lvl 60, this is what I think the game needs

Faxfinn
06-29-2018, 08:25 PM
Hi Ubisoft.

First off, congrats on launch, and I've been enjoying the game a lot since I got in with the early access.

Now, some days later, I've finished all events on normal mode, a fair amount on hard, played the leaderboards (even managed a world best in Rally Raid!) and some of the challenges. I can already feel the game slowly getting more boring from lack of content though, and this is what I think it needs.

PVP. This needs to be pushed out ASAP, not wait until December. Being able to play all the current events with PVP matchmaking would make the game fun for another 1000 hours for me and a lot of the hardcore driving game fans who is in my same position.

The blue GPS line needs to be brought back. The hyper car events are pretty damn hard to play with so little visual aid to where you are going as of now. Many of the race I've had to restart after crashing (from taking my eyes of the screen to look where my next turn is) or missing my turn. With the current AI catchup this usually have them overtaking you, so doing it late in a race pretty much loses you the race. This is probably a pretty easy fix and the one I expect to see first of the things I've listed.

AI difficulty. The dynamic difficulty it has now needs to be replaced by a choice of easy/medium/hard or something like it, and a option to disable the catchup which is just ridiculous atm. Driving a perfect race and never manage to pull more than 2 seconds away gets pretty old.

Race creator. Make it so we can make our own races. Make it so you can browse other peoples created races or have them pop up on the map with regular intervals. Let people vote a yay/nay if they liked the race after they finish it and have the better ranking ones show up like regular events.

Matchmaking co-op play. I don't have any friends who play racing games like I do. This usually leaves me alone to play, and having the option to matchmake and connect to someone else would make replaying the races I finished myself a lot more fun. Something like Ghost Recon Wildlands where you can set your status to private, friends only or public open for your own session.

Think thats all the things I'd like changed so far. And don't get me wrong, I really like your game!

displastik
06-29-2018, 10:02 PM
Agree! Race creator and PVP, two things that will get me back in the game. As long as it's a boring and empty world with inadequate AI and bots. 3 days is enough for me to get all content, get tired of bugs and illogical solutions and quit.

xbl_xtro1
06-29-2018, 11:42 PM
I've been reading a lot of posts here and on Reddit and everyone is bringing up the AI and blue line. Though personally I always hated the blue line but I agree in the long races an turn indicator is needed. Ai yes.. it was terrible in the first game and its a bad choice to have kept it.. for the rpg aspect. I hope the dev will acknowledge the feedback and change it... Maybe a difficulty slider with matching reward and never have the ai catch up or slow down. At least make them corner at a believable speed

BaubeSauce
06-30-2018, 04:39 AM
I agree!

Your comments are accurate but I would want Ubisoft to not make the track editor a priority assuming how long it can take to develop it.

I'm just looking for a way to race with unknown people (referring the PVP). Right now, the only way to make this possible is by inviting people from my session in my crew and it feels awkward. Like in real life, you wouldn't walk randomly to someone and ask straight up "Do you want to be my friend (and join my crew)?".
How can I communicate to unknown players so we can share both value of becoming "friends" or respectful opponent?

I do miss the blueline and I would be happy if I could turn on/off.

ANFIELDARMY
06-30-2018, 01:18 PM
Yh would love to see all this. Really need the line thou. So annoying missing a turn.

Ryzza5
07-03-2018, 03:14 AM
The blue line in the first game was a bit over the top for me

Some turn indicator arrow that popups up just before the turn prompting me to check the minimap should be useful enough, like in TDU

https://41dcdfcd4dea0e5aba20-931851ca4d0d7cdafe33022cf8264a37.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.c om/5062484_test-drive-unlimited-2_261b7947_m.jpg?bg=656B80

Or instead of an arrow, a representation of the actual roads (static copy of the minimap road-lines) placed in the center briefly would be perfect.

Ryzza5
07-03-2018, 03:15 AM
One other minimap issue is that the road lines are almost impossible to see when driving on gravel roads due to no colour contrast.