PDA

View Full Version : Ivory Tower---> Can We Please Have Paid Tours?

BigShot1
06-29-2018, 02:33 PM
I'd like to suggest for the developers to add some non-timed/non-race Check-point Tours as free-drive activities for us. This would allow us to relax, take our time getting to all the checkpoints, and have some fun enjoying some non-racing type ways of earning money. With this huge map it makes sense to focus on just DRIVING instead of always needing to rush and race all around 99% of the time like chickens without heads.

Such as:

Add 4 (15 minute tours) non-timed checkpoints w/ award of $20K ea.
Add 2 (30 minute tours) non-timed checkpoints w/ award of $40K ea.
Add 1 (60 minute tour) non-timed checkpoints w/ award of $80K ea.
Add 1 (2 hour tour) non-timed checkpoints w/ award of $160K ea.

Ryzza5
07-03-2018, 03:33 AM
Would entering such a tour prevent you from switching to planes or boats? i.e. how would you enforce a 2-hour driving tour if user can switch to a plane?

BigShot1
07-03-2018, 01:22 PM
Would entering such a tour prevent you from switching to planes or boats? i.e. how would you enforce a 2-hour driving tour if user can switch to a plane?

That's up to the devs...there's various ways of doing it if you think about it.

1. You could have different waypoints activated for each type of vehicle (depending upon which vehicle you are in when the Tour begins).

2. You could have a vehicle requirement (or lockout) for each tour...so a car tour cannot be started if you are in a plane... and a plane tour could not be started if you are in a car, as examples. Or, your vehicle would auto-switch the way it does now.

Tours like this, IMO, would be one simple step the devs could take in adding some much needed sociable end game content to TC2.

They should make TC2 THE game for players to want to startup when they feel like being sociable online. TDU used to be this way. They need to give players ways of being sociable and have things to do together (no just Pvp). As an example, in TDU, there were social spaces (unofficial) where crowds of players used to gather/meet at. We had this huge parking lot in back of the driving school in Hawaii and out front there was the long straight road folks used to like drag racing on. Everyone used to meet up there behind the school in the parking area and just hang out chatting it up and doing figure 8's...drifting...just kinda jerking around while we hung...and then there'd always be a bunch of us out front on the strip dragging. After awhile you'd turn to your buddy and say hey wanna do that Tour thing? Sure yea lets do it.

Because people hung out there for hours at a time, you were able to make friends there. Games with sociable spaces and sociable activities nearby can become player magnets.

Draconac
07-03-2018, 02:21 PM
Yes please...

mosheste
07-03-2018, 06:28 PM
I love this idea - it's like assassin's creed origins discovery tour!
Please insert it.

MulderCulkin
07-03-2018, 06:44 PM
This is a great idea. Bring back a little incentive to explore the map as it is currently lacking a bit. Would be nice to be able to earn some money without getting frustrated at the rubberbanding in a race as well! Very good suggestion.

xbl_xtro1
07-03-2018, 07:45 PM
I just saw your post .. 100% agree with this.. it's like tourist rally. I was thinking of something similar. Maybe you have a bunch of places to visit but no GPS line requires. To validate a waypoint you need to take a pic. Or maybe it could work with clues as well... Hit the first landmark and it gives you a clue as to what the next location will be... It would be a nice change of pace from doing races and a good way to explore and enjoy the map.

B-Nappy
07-03-2018, 09:12 PM
Great idea!

BigShot1
07-04-2018, 02:18 PM
...well, glad to see I'm not the only one who would like this!

SpankMyRide
07-13-2018, 11:25 PM
After a suggestion, gonna bump up this thread. Would like it as well, we need option for longer races in the game. The coast to coast hypercar race just does not cut it as it is very short (30 minutes).