PDA

View Full Version : Centurion sucks

I-ModernSpartan
06-29-2018, 10:07 AM
Hello guys, IMO Cent sucks.
Yes, In the beginning he was broken and op, but now Ubi nerfed him and he is just not competitive enough.
He has a small health pool and his attacks are not that powerful or quick.
His kick isn't quick enough to be hard to dodge and he doesn't really have something which he can use.
Unfortunately he is still a little bit broken and can be abused to do more damage when wall splating.
I think that he need to be buffed.
He should have a bigger health pool and he should have the ability to use the kick after dodge to any direction and he should have a new move added to his arsenal.
What do you think?

MarshalMoriarty
06-29-2018, 11:40 AM
He's fine for now IMO. A small buff would be nice, but he's still plenty good. I disagree about his attacks not being quick, because his lights are decently fast and his heavies can be charged for odd timings or simply followed up with a punch even if they block.

I'm not saying he's perfect by any means, but there are people in far worse situations than him. He's still one of those characters who with 1 good opportunity can turn a terrible beating into a competitive match.

Zombie.Face
06-29-2018, 12:02 PM
Hes fine. yea not op but not in a bad place either. all classes cant be op. there many classes in worse shape than cent and kinda sick of everyone complaining about the cent. hes fine, learn to play him better. cood cents can beat almost anyone.

I-ModernSpartan
06-29-2018, 12:32 PM
Hes fine. yea not op but not in a bad place either. all classes cant be op. there many classes in worse shape than cent and kinda sick of everyone complaining about the cent. hes fine, learn to play him better. cood cents can beat almost anyone.

He's fine for now IMO. A small buff would be nice, but he's still plenty good. I disagree about his attacks not being quick, because his lights are decently fast and his heavies can be charged for odd timings or simply followed up with a punch even if they block.

I'm not saying he's perfect by any means, but there are people in far worse situations than him. He's still one of those characters who with 1 good opportunity can turn a terrible beating into a competitive match.

I agree that there are characters in a worse place like Valk and that Cent but we cant forget the other characters.
Sorry I need to write it more precisely, his attacks are fast but not fast enough to make him competitive against good players

I'm rep 3 Cent so I know a how to play him (not the best of course but decent).
I also beated rep 30 Cents even with my level 6 Berserker and with other characters.
Nobushi for example has faster attacks so the Cent ones are not hard to block.
He should have IMO:
1) a little bit bigger health pool.
2) ability to initiate the kick after dodging to the left or right and not just after dodging foward
3) more soft faints - especially soft fainting the unblockable finisher

Armosias
06-29-2018, 12:36 PM
He needs a minor rework, bringing down his actual punish would grant him breath for some buffs

I-ModernSpartan
08-18-2018, 03:25 PM
So guys... what do you think?
I don't see any cents in duels because it's a suicide to pick him in a duel.
In other modes I see him rarely.
Anyway, he is weak, very weak.

The needs a major buff...
And don't tell me to get good with him
He is my highest rep charcter and in all of my charcartes (which I really play) I win more then 50% of my duels if not 60%

I'm not a pro
But I definitely know who to play

Yes - his GB throw into a wall and parry punishes are really good (throw is op) but it is not enough and it is really boring to just parry and throw...

NikolajSlav
08-18-2018, 03:44 PM
So guys... what do you think?
I don't see any cents in duels because it's a suicide to pick him in a duel.
In other modes I see him rarely.
Anyway, he is weak, very weak.

The needs a major buff...
And don't tell me to get good with him
He is my highest rep charcter and in all of my charcartes (which I really play) I win more then 50% of my duels if not 60%

I'm not a pro
But I definitely know who to play

Yes - his GB throw into a wall and parry punishes are really good (throw is op) but it is not enough and it is really boring to just parry and throw...

You are probably not good enaugh to play against the cents yet, Centurion is in fact quite balanced. Maybe even stronger than average. But definetly not weak.

DefiledDragon
08-18-2018, 04:44 PM
Is this the guy where you make one mistake and have to sit through a cut scene that relieves you of all your stamina and half your health? Yeah, he's terrible, totally needs a buff...

I-ModernSpartan
08-18-2018, 10:05 PM
You are probably not good enaugh to play against the cents yet, Centurion is in fact quite balanced. Maybe even stronger than average. But definetly not weak.

Is this the guy where you make one mistake and have to sit through a cut scene that relieves you of all your stamina and half your health? Yeah, he's terrible, totally needs a buff...

"To play against the cents"? I'm the cent player...

I-ModernSpartan
08-18-2018, 10:10 PM

I said that his throw into a wall punish is op

What does he have other than that? I already said a good parry punish
He just had a good parry punish and broken throw punish...
I guess that we can agree that it is rare to find a cent player in duels because well he is quite garbage (I wrote the reasons in the begging of the post)

And guys it's an old post if you didn't notice it ;)

His zone is sooo bad
No one uses it because you will get parried pretty much always