PDA

View Full Version : No reason to explore any longer in The Crew 2

U2MOFO1
06-28-2018, 08:07 PM
What on earth happened here. The best parts of the first game where the hey drive to the next city.. explore stuff along the way and continue to unlock the map via driving around and discovering things.

That is all gone... what is the point of this massive map if you just warp to each event. I admit I am only a couple hours in but clearly the dev team ripped the need to discover and explore from this game.

Or how about the fact that you no longer can tell what roads you have or have not driven on... this has to be the only open world racing game that does not do this. Again a feature in the first game...

I was so excited for this game as I loved the first... I am currently wondering if I will just treat this like a normal straight forward racer, play it and then move on which is not what I wanted.

Anyone else baffled at the lack of the use of this map? Again I ask, what is the point of this massive map if you just warp to events. There is no reason for me to explore. At least so far from what I have seen.

cristianodiaz
06-28-2018, 10:58 PM
They clearly used the Forza Horizon series as a model for The Crew 2, but they didn't crib some of the best parts of those games. I love having to go to newly revealed items on the map to show what they actually are, and tracking what roads I've found in the Horizon games, but it's missing here. I hope they improve some aspects of the game over time. I love The Crew 2 in many ways even more than the first, but there are some things I miss. I don't hate the fast travel, I just wish there were also more incentive to take the long way.

blackhole522
06-28-2018, 11:21 PM
Anyone else baffled at the lack of the use of this map? Again I ask, what is the point of this massive map if you just warp to events. There is no reason for me to explore. At least so far from what I have seen.

Sure am baffled by this decision. But you can still make yourself explore. You're not forced to warp, you can drive/fly/sail to each destination as you want.

DeathBurnout
06-28-2018, 11:46 PM
Yeah, I've seen comparisons to Forza Horizon before and it annoys me because this doesn't even come close to matching the quality of Playground Games' open world efforts. They've mastered it, it's just that their worlds unfortunately feel like rat cages.

Not to forget the good side content TDU had either. I don't know if anyone here played FUEL way back. It was generally poor but they had some neat exploration/collectable stuff in that game; Vistas, liveries, resource stashes etc. This has nothing anymore except for Live rewards.

Caelum_NL
06-29-2018, 12:23 AM
Sure am baffled by this decision. But you can still make yourself explore. You're not forced to warp, you can drive/fly/sail to each destination as you want.

That is always such a downer answer. "Nobody is stopping you to do this or that.". There is so much in the world that people don't have to do. They don't have to seperate trash, try to go green, stop hunting rare animals, but it's nice of them to do it for other people's sake. Ivory Tower doesn't have to put in incentives for you to explore the world, but it would help with getting people to explore. It helped a lot in the first game and everybody wants it back, so it must have been a good addition.

To the OP, I totally get what you are talking about. There is nothing to do in that big open world apart from naturephotographing. Never used the fast travel function in the original game, never gone anywhere by car/boat/plane in this game

Chesse_cz
06-29-2018, 02:25 AM
Well you can find loot crates in the freeroam...
And not much people i know was happy with 500 skills in The Crew 1 in every corner on map...

True that 144 is little bit less, but because this game just start to live, its plenty... and yes i Fast Travel to events (because crew mate is lazy to drive), but in solo i drive from A to B. World can feel empty without skills everywhere, but this version looks realy good, so for my explorer soul i have plenty things to do + sometimes Photo pop up ;)

blackhole522
06-29-2018, 08:19 AM
That is always such a downer answer. "Nobody is stopping you to do this or that.".

It's true though. I'm making my own objectives, and I'm having a lot of fun. I'm trying to find and take photos of all animals in the game for example. Just need to use you imagination to find things to do.

Caelum_NL
06-29-2018, 09:37 AM
It's true though. I'm making my own objectives, and I'm having a lot of fun. I'm trying to find and take photos of all animals in the game for example. Just need to use you imagination to find things to do.

Yeah, but then they'd only need to give you the map and a vehicle of each type and tell us "Just use your imagination that this mustang is a Mclaren P1. Also the map is riddled with oppertunities to set up imaginable races all over the map. And when you win a race, imagine you get parts for your car and it gets upgraded. If you want your car to be red instead if the grey color we gave it, just imagine it is. Plus use your imagination that you are an asspiring new racer working your way through the ranks.

Developers are blessed when they got gamers that are ok with only having to use their imagination in their games as that saves them a lot of work for the same amount of money they can ask for their products, plus those gamers easily cover up things that are lacking/missing in the game. Ubisoft dev 1: "People seem to have liked the amount of events they could participate in in the Crew 1 while driving around the States. They seem to miss it in this second game." Ubi dev 2: "Just tell them they have to use their imagination. Always a legit way to cover up these kinds of lacking parts of the game. While you are at it, scoure the feedback forum for anything else that might be missing (from the first game) or anything else that they want to have in the game and tell them they should use their imagination, which should fix the issue.".

Maybe I should tell my friend who has a hard time navigating in races without the floating gps line from the Crew 1 to use his imagination.

U2MOFO1
06-29-2018, 10:07 AM
Glad to hear others also miss this aspect of the first game. I forgot to mention but heck they could have hand a ton more Landmarks that you have to drive to and I would have enjoyed that...anything outside of "use your imagination and create your own fun" and I would be ok with some of the other odd choices like no race line.

At this point after playing a few more hours... I am overall very let down by this game and its a bit crushing after the delay and loving the first game so much. Just gonna use it to waste some time before Horizon 4.

SchSandor
07-01-2018, 08:27 AM
Wow, I just thought that they disabled exploration for the betas. That is a deal breaker for me right now. I might buy the game later on sale, but exploration was clearly one of the best parts in both the TDU games and in The Crew as well.

AX3L3R8
07-01-2018, 02:19 PM
Play Crew V Crew.

Oh wait....... we cant can we.

Joke shop just became a mall.

GhostlightUS
07-03-2018, 12:21 AM
Still waiting to hear about landmarks and radar stations too. Such a unique feature.