PDA

View Full Version : More keybind options per vehicle and per type

Jin_D3vil
06-28-2018, 06:56 PM
I'm loving the initial play with The Crew 2 and I have to say that it's a lot better than The Crew 1 (in my view) in terms of driving and grip in general. It feels a lot more connected to the ground than the previous game. I very much appreciate that as it feels a lot more sim than arcade and it makes it more enjoyable to drive as well. While I don't mean this as a direct game to game comparison as a whole as I think a lot of 1 are very much missed in 2.

The only issue I have is that I'd like to be able to specify individual controls on my wheel for each type of vehicle (Car. Plane and Boat). At the moment only the plane gets a separate option. I really like the feel of using a wheel with the boat, but I'd like to use my Paddle Shifters to lift and lower the boats nose instead of the D-pad. They aren't even being used in the boat and I can't bind them via the menu without unbinding everything else.Using the D-pad on the wheel results in me accidentally pressing left or right as well nearly every time I turn the wheel (hands tend to move when you twist and turn past a certain point). It's very hard to retain my thumbs exact position when turning and to me it makes more sense to utilize the shifters as they are right there and they make sense to me within reach of my hands. I can't even count the amount of restarts I had to use as it literally happens at the worst time and races devolve into a grind to race the whole time perfectly than just enjoying the challenge itself.

It would be good to have means toresolve this without going outside the game and creating alternative solutions (like mnacro's or voice software).